Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Minmatar party 6-9-2012  (Read 5177 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Minmatar party 6-9-2012
« on: 06 Jun 2012, 09:58 »

Hello.

Ive been kicking the idea of a Minny-themed (not necessarily Minny exclusive, that would be dull!) RP event for a while, but put it on the back burner for a while after some drama occured in the Minmatar RP community; Anyway, this Saturday, its a go.

We're not going to have any heads in boxes ( At least to my knowledge! ) but I would like this to be a success anyway; does any of the community have any suggestions? So far, the event has the following things "planned"

Voluval ritual for 2 recepients; this will be pleasantly rapid, as most dont wanna watch a 2 hour long ritual, right? I expect 20-30 minutes start to finish.

Dinner (which may or may not be formalized, thoughts? or just buffet where people eat as they desire?

Gift-giving ( Yep, fun RP and actual in-game items! ) to be given out in true Beowulf-esque fasion.

Debating on some "contests", but any way to do this that dosent 1) take forever and 2) dosent invite godmodding? For prizes, of course!

Other than that, basically an open RP-get together, for all in attendance to get to know a few people "ICly" and get the word out that, yes, SKDI, in spite of our small numbers, are actually active IC and OOC (Shameless recruitment plug!)

Any thoughts?

Lyn Farel

Re: Minmatar party 6-9-2012
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2012, 10:30 »

Keep it open. Not for factions (your current limitations on who can come are great), but for people actually taking part in the event. I mean that it is essential to my opinion in an event to keep involved all the time the people you invite, or they are going to find it extremely boring. When I went to the devourer thing, it was essentially a show that not only we hd to watch, but also it was extremely difficult to RP with people because they all stayed in their corners between TRA people speaking about private things and stuff. Actually I wondered if it was meant to be a private corp event or a public one.

This is my feedback, though, nothing more.

Good luck for your event.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2012, 10:39 »

As one of the active members of SKDI, I must regretfully note that due to a RL prior commitment (family vacation), I won't be around at all this weekend including for this event. :( :( :(

But I hope everybody has fun, because I know Ava has some awesome plans!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2012, 10:54 »

Aldy has his thoughts. I don't want to give away too much OOC though.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2012, 11:34 »

Would have asked about attending (as Morwen would've particularly enjoyed the musical stuff) but I'll be out of town this weekend and will have limited EVE access. :(

Hope it goes well!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jun 2012, 11:52 »

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 06 Jun 2012, 12:22 »

lol ? Aldy is invited ?

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #7 on: 06 Jun 2012, 12:50 »

lol ? Aldy is invited ?

Heh, Aldy might be a bloodthirsty zealot now, but at least the only person he's ever set on fire was himself... >.>

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jun 2012, 12:53 »

lol ? Aldy is invited ?

Heh, Aldy might be a bloodthirsty zealot now, but at least the only person he's ever set on fire was himself... >.>

For now.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #9 on: 06 Jun 2012, 12:57 »

On topic:

I really like what you've got going so far, I think your restrictions on invitations is certainly good. I would make a suggestion, however, you may want to establish some temporary mods for your channel while you're hosting the event to help keep it clear of any unwanted or no-longer-welcome company.

As far as the competitions go, you could do a "DnD" style competition where a referee holds all the shots, so to speak. Let's say it was a duel, player A initiates an attack against player B. The referee rolls a die, flips a coin or whatever method you want to determine if the attack hits or not, sends it to the players via private messages and they act everything out for everyone else to watch.

Sure, it takes some of the spontaneity away but it keeps everything under some level of control and puts on a good show for everyone not participating (since they won't know how everything plays out).

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jun 2012, 14:05 »

As far as the competitions go, you could do a "DnD" style competition where a referee holds all the shots, so to speak. Let's say it was a duel, player A initiates an attack against player B. The referee rolls a die, flips a coin or whatever method you want to determine if the attack hits or not, sends it to the players via private messages and they act everything out for everyone else to watch.

I've used fudge dice for this in the past, which give a number between -4 and +4 in a nice bell curve. I think they turned out quite well, though it was in a small group with only three or four players to keep entertained.

In the IC channel the two contestants got to narrate their attempted moves, the "GM" rolled the dice in the OOC channel, giving bonuses of +1 or +2 for tactical choices (discussed and agreed by the participants) and then the contestants would narrate what actually happened. It was a bit slow, but I thought the results were quite good.

Usually, each "pass" of a fight was resolved with a roll, with relative success of the previous pass counting as bonuses for the next one, until someone was effectively out of the fight.

Unless you roll a +4 and your opponent rolls a -4, it's not usually over in one roll, although you could reduce it to one roll if you wanted and the relative success could suggest how close the contest was, then leave it up to the contestants to narrate.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #11 on: 06 Jun 2012, 14:40 »

Want to make it but can't :(

Will be hiking up in the mountains, hopefully this goes well! Wish I could make it.  :bash:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 06 Jun 2012, 15:28 »

lol ? Aldy is invited ?

Sorry, I thought it was not allowing enemies to attend.

* Lyn Farel is confused now.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #13 on: 06 Jun 2012, 15:46 »

There are enemies and there are enemies. There are people that 'officially' we do not like, that we trust enough not to make a scene and they may be allowed to come. Then there other people who will be hung from the roof should they show up. :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #14 on: 06 Jun 2012, 15:49 »

Hope this goes swell, but for the old lady's safety she'll be staying far away. :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 4