EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Which Jungian Archetype Is Your Character?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Veiki:
For Veik, I'd say Explorer, Jester and Magician are probably the traits she expresses most.

However, she's written as at core the infomorph manifestation of another person's shadow so that's what I try to reflect most. That's what I find interesting in her, as a character.

It's fun because she's not a fully integrated personality -- she combines an almost instinctual or infantile pursuit of sensate possibilities with a mind that has absolutely no restrictions to the degree she'll seek to intuit another person out and try to mindfuck them for whatever reason she may have at the time.

Then again, I don't know, a lot of the Jungian stuff came out of that early 20th century imperative to try and neatly categorize so it sometimes feels a bit pop culture to me -- like astrology.

Nissui:
Archetypes are tricky...

I'd say the Magician is her persona, and the Rebel is her shadow. The others are present in varying but lesser levels of prominence.

Mebrithiel:
For all Jung's clarity, he was awfully simple with these.

I guess the closest for Meb is a fallen Rebel crossed with a twisted apathetic Jester.

She still fights against the/all order, but crime and narcissism has corrupted her, encouraging her to fight against anything but the reasons can be anything from greed to cruelty. She'll gladly shoot anything for the sake of shooting anything. She doesn't even fight for honour as she burned that before she decided to burn everything else.

Her jesting can have a whimsical moment, but it doesn't exist to lighten the mood or bring joy. A lot of the time she's poking fun at the existence of things simply for the matter of it. If she manages to make herself smile, she considers that an achievement, but secretly she's circling a pit and she's luring others in.

She even ruled at one point and revelled in it, but grew bored of the idea of commanding power. Not even leading fleets of warships held her attention for long.

I guess it's nice to have a framework to build a character on, but Meb started out growing through many of these as she developed and then bending them to her will.

Jung should have created a Meb - tho this is impossible: I didn't even manage.

Samira Kernher:
Probably Caregiver for Samira.

Sakura Nihil:
I'd say Sakura and Ereka are both Hero(ine)s, while Akusa is a Sage.  Ami's an Explorer, while Eri is hard to nail down - likely a Ruler?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version