Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Serpentis stole a Federation Navy Nyx, here is the  news item

Author Topic: Gravediggers  (Read 874 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Gravediggers
« on: 27 Apr 2011, 17:48 »

So I've decided to start chronicling Nikita's backstory on my blog. Because of the way the blog maps I don't want to subject anyone to having to wade through them trying to read from the beginning, so here I
ll be posting links in chronological order as I write them:

01 The First Drop
02 FUBAR'd
03 Song Birds
04 Casualties
05 The Long Haul
06 Visuals
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 12:45 by Nikita Alterana »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
Re: Gravediggers
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2011, 13:07 »

If people want to comment on this, I would rather appreciate it.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2011, 16:31 »

I was actually quite impressed with your writing style, but unfortunately the story/subject matter did not hold my interest for too long. "Space marine" stories I feel are very common and a popular choice for backstories, so why not write something that not only focuses around Nikita's history but also worldbuilds around the Angel Cartel as a whole, ie. life on a world under their control, and so on.

That way you catch a general interest for a wider audience in addition to people who may be interested in Nikita specifically. Just my own ideas anyway, I'm sure others have something else to say :)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2011, 18:34 »

I was actually quite impressed with your writing style, but unfortunately the story/subject matter did not hold my interest for too long. "Space marine" stories I feel are very common and a popular choice for backstories, so why not write something that not only focuses around Nikita's history but also worldbuilds around the Angel Cartel as a whole, ie. life on a world under their control, and so on.

That way you catch a general interest for a wider audience in addition to people who may be interested in Nikita specifically. Just my own ideas anyway, I'm sure others have something else to say :)

I'm working on that too, the idea is that the story is unbroken, and follows the characters from now right up until...well, you'll see. The first bit will be light on the worldbuilding, but as I get out of the first battle and on to more interesting things, I think you'll see a good deal of that.