Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Strange question...  (Read 9231 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Strange question...
« on: 18 Jul 2012, 22:42 »

I was rewatching Tru Blood, a show about vampires, and there was a discussion about Jessie having to re-lose her 'virginity' every time she had sex. She was a virgin when she was turned into a vampire, her hyman was intact, and because her vampiric powers auto-heal her injuries, her hyman will always grow back after she has sex.

Turning to female capsuleers -- one's clones would be naturally free of injuries, which could mean female capsuleers might have intact hymans whenever they're podded and switch clones. Yes, injuries can be placed on the clone by workers, hence the various scars we see, but I'd be hesitant to ask someone to fiddle around with my clones genitals.

What do you all think? 
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Strange question...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2012, 22:47 »

I believe there was a reference to some random un-named capsuleer in an EON chronicle who liked getting podded for the reason of taking advantage of her fresh and not-used-to-things nerves exaggerating sensations.

I would assume that the particular 'issue' you bring up is entirely dependent on the amount of money one is spending on their clones. Higher-quality ones may have small details like that taken into account, lower-quality clones may not. Also remember that many clones are made out of cadavers and then sculpted from there - in which case reconstructive surgery or manipulation would be required for such a thing.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2012, 23:27 »

Presumably, I must wonder what is stopping it from growing back during sex ... That strikes me as rather painful.

I'll echo Morwen in that it generally depends on the quality of the clone. Capsuleers generally have the highest clone qualities available, so it may be a 'feature' that can be added on.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2012, 06:24 »

Well it may depend on the "how" a clone is made, also. If you grow the clone like you grow a human (in an accelerated way), you obviously have that feature grown with it naturally. If that is something else more like "organic sewing" where you take proteins and stuff and start to put them together to make some kind of homunculus... Well, it may not be a standard feature then.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2012, 07:46 »

creepy

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2012, 08:57 »

What the hell

Ilsenae Alexandros

• Adjutant of the Wiyrkomi Honor Guard
  • Clonejack
  • Tea Maker
    • Eskeitanen Wiyrkomi Kaashivon
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2012, 11:57 »

I was rewatching Tru Blood, a show about vampires, and there was a discussion about Jessie having to re-lose her 'virginity' every time she had sex. She was a virgin when she was turned into a vampire, her hyman was intact, and because her vampiric powers auto-heal her injuries, her hyman will always grow back after she has sex.

Turning to female capsuleers -- one's clones would be naturally free of injuries, which could mean female capsuleers might have intact hymans whenever they're podded and switch clones. Yes, injuries can be placed on the clone by workers, hence the various scars we see, but I'd be hesitant to ask someone to fiddle around with my clones genitals.

What do you all think?

I think I'm glad I never got into that show, and that worrying about whether the clone technicians will recreate a small flap of skin within the vagina to meet a capsuleer's exacting specifications says more about that capsuleer than it does about anything else.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2012, 12:13 »

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2012, 13:30 »

I'm used to playing that you have a "clone profile" for your so-called clones where you get to specify all the personal tailoring you require. That's used by the people shaping the osteoplast, sculpting the soft tissues, tinting the skin and applying any scars or marks that you prefer.

I expect that after the first time you've found yourself in a body with some random vulva-and-vagina configuration you might realise you actually have preferences, and put them in your profile for next time.

I suspect I could also have many roleplayers tensing protectively by speculating on the attitudes of the different EVE cultures to male circumcision.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2012, 13:40 »

NO! NO CIRCUMCISION IN MY EVE!

* Safai runs away with fingers in ears while shouting "lalalala"

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jul 2012, 14:00 »

I just personally don't take my EVE RP to that level of detail, because it's kind of :eek:.

YMMV, of course.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2012, 14:41 »

I suspect I could also have many roleplayers tensing protectively by speculating on the attitudes of the different EVE cultures to male circumcision.

Not me, but :lol: for the mental image.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2012, 16:49 »

I just personally don't take my EVE RP to that level of detail, because it's kind of :eek:.

YMMV, of course.

You've never wondered about whether the Amarrians' forebears were "People of the Book" staunchly defending circumcision as a sign of their covenant with God as His chosen people? And what that would mean for slaves during their Reclaiming? Do you circumcise slaves to show they're on the way, or do you save that as a sign for those who've made it? Either way, what does that do to cultural memes/gossip/fetishes within the Empire? And is there a "Foreskins for Freedom!" movement among those who've escaped slavery?

Never?

Really?

(Don't worry: I feel "Meh" about most ship-fitting discussions. One player's :eek: can be another player's "Oooh, that sounds interesting".)

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2012, 17:35 »

Nope. And ship fittings almost always bore me the same way, yay for industrial (or, even better, freighter) pilots!

However, if anybody wants to talk about the implications of quantum computing on New Eden cryptography and whether our codebreaker modules work because the pirate factions still use asymmetric crypto but the empire factions don't and that's why we can't track down and hack their facilities, I'll be over in the corner with a bottle of good whiskey and two glasses.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2012, 17:53 »

Nope. And ship fittings almost always bore me the same way, yay for industrial (or, even better, freighter) pilots!

However, if anybody wants to talk about the implications of quantum computing on New Eden cryptography and whether our codebreaker modules work because the pirate factions still use asymmetric crypto but the empire factions don't and that's why we can't track down and hack their facilities, I'll be over in the corner with a bottle of good whiskey and two glasses.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: [1] 2 3 4