Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The diplomatic return of Caldari Prime  (Read 3760 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: The diplomatic return of Caldari Prime
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jan 2013, 13:59 »

Ah, at least an clear quote.

So, that's "many Caldari". Not "most", not "a minority", just "many". My thanks for digging that up, it was starting to get despressing.

On another note it is interesting to see that the similar situation between the Empire and the Republic concerning the release of the slaves states that and harsh, difficult diplomacy has been tried by the Midular/Heideran governements, where there is very little info on the Caldari/Gallente matter of Caldari Prime. But that, added to the other arguments above, make me inclined to think at least that some diplomatic arrangements have probably emerged here and there, without any result.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jan 2013, 14:50 »

Might be worth posting in the Caldari Prime talk page that Luminaire is not the Federation's capital system.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jan 2013, 16:44 »

Might be worth posting in the Caldari Prime talk page that Luminaire is not the Federation's capital system.

I thought it was sort of an 'unofficial' capital, where Villore is the official capital. Kinda like New York City compared to Washington D.C.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 02 Jan 2013, 19:52 »

I thought it was sort of an 'unofficial' capital, where Villore is the official capital. Kinda like New York City compared to Washington D.C.

No argument on that point, but it only adds to confusion when PF contradicts itself.  Luminaire is clearly the home system of the Gallente and their cultural heart, but it is still annoying (and it gets said on IGS all the time).

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #19 on: 02 Jan 2013, 20:55 »

No argument on that point, but it only adds to confusion when PF contradicts itself.  Luminaire is clearly the home system of the Gallente and their cultural heart, but it is still annoying (and it gets said on IGS all the time).

I can totally confirm this fact.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 03 Jan 2013, 03:17 »

Possibly something like Johannesburg/Pretoria or Amsterdam/The Hague going on? As in, the capital of South Africa is Johannesburg and the capital of the Netherlands is Amsterdam, but the governments of those countries meet in Pretoria and the Hague, respectively.

Also, if someone wants an uneasy real-world parallel on Caldari Prime, there is the Karelian question. The number sited on the article are national level - we had a panel about the Karelian question at my current home town (located in the Finnish part of Karelia) and at least based on the brochure (I was not present) 4/5 of the panelists seemed to want to get the damn strip of land back. Admitted, Caldari Prime holds probably even greater importance to the Caldari than Karelia to Finns of non-Karelian origin. Discussion about Karelia is made more complicated, because Russians use the word "Karelia" to refer to the Republic of Karelia, whereas Finns use "Karelia" to refer to the historic province of Karelia (or, in this case, the ceded part of it).

Though, talking about cultural heritage, I present you this picture about the locations where the texts for the Kalevala were collected. Finnish placenames are used, even for places where the populace probably never used them. Finnish Wikipedia editors allegedly have a knack for romantic nationalism. (Well, the town of Uhtua is currently officially known as Kalevala even in Russian.)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 03 Jan 2013, 18:16 »

To be fair, in the case of the Netherlands, Amsterdam has the official home of the Royal Family located within the city borders.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2013, 01:02 »

Or like Sydney and Canberra - Sydney is the founding city of Australia - the starting point for the country. But Canberra is the capital, where we put the politicians. The Federation probably found it politically useful to centralise their capital in between Essence, Sinq Laison and Verge Vendor, just like Australia did between Sydney and Melbourne.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #23 on: 13 Jan 2013, 16:03 »

There have been some very good comments expressed in this thread. 

The occasional incremental moves made by capsuleers on ether side of the conflict towards peace are overwhelmed by any new development in the "war". 

That and I think we should admit that throwing witty and sometimes not so witty barbs at each other is fun. :twisted:  Goodness knows it is for me.  (( :) Desiderya I hope you know I LOVE you oocly)). 

But it doesn't really matter what we do, until as stated earlier, someone at ccp decides its over.

Desiderya

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jan 2013, 16:39 »

If I'd have a beef with you I wouldn't bother responding. ;)

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jan 2013, 21:43 »

If I'd have a beef with you I wouldn't bother responding. ;)

:eek:OMG What happened to your HAIR!

Desiderya

« Reply #26 on: 14 Jan 2013, 06:34 »

It ran off with a dashing civire.  :cry:

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 14 Jan 2013, 15:01 »

Are there any other kind of Civire?
Pages: 1 [2]