Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DUST tech and Capsuleers... Lackeys, Access, CONCORD, feasability?  (Read 4555 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

I think all of you lot have seen at least the first Starship Troopers movie.

Did you notice how ridiculous and feeble the flyboys seemed to be even when holding the same guns that the groundpounders used?

Did you notice how impotent they were?

Compared to the ease and efficiency they had when they were flying their ships that was truly enviable and special.

Horses for courses.

Respect your character and don't use him/her to massage your ego.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Decisions, decisons....there is ofc the question if dust has the same retention factor as eve

Ollie

• Egger

How customisable are the DUST clones facial features, etc? The idea I got from Templar One and some of the DUST chronicles that were released last year was 'not very' - basically that the ISK all goes into DUST clone function and not aesthetics. My take on it was that DUST clones are supposed to be much more expendable than capsuleer clones for a number of reasons. Fitting with this, the only screenies I've ever seen of them have the face covered by masks/headgear/etc. It might sound trivial, but having a bloated pile of putty for your special DUST NPC might take the shine off the RP.

Also, anyone got source on the claim that CCP is initially portraying capsuleers as above and beyond the DUST soldiers? I can't recall anything like this, unless it was a reference to Templar One which basically details the stage from prototype to first real test of the technology.

Lyn Farel

Dust sometimes looks like a Halo spin off.

Maybe master chief helmets are mandatory.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing

Kaztropolis is vulnerable to DUST things. I do not own a PS3, am unlikely to either. Were someone to claim to have had some DUST people invade Kaztropol, I would be unable to oppose this, or even to claim it as false.

I'm not sure how viable people's claims to planetary estates ownership can be now.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Kaztropolis is vulnerable to DUST things. I do not own a PS3, am unlikely to either. Were someone to claim to have had some DUST people invade Kaztropol, I would be unable to oppose this, or even to claim it as false.

I'm not sure how viable people's claims to planetary estates ownership can be now.

One need only finish waiting until the game bombs and the servers run empty and desolate.

Shouldn't be long.
  8)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Not all planets will be battlegrounds in this sense, iirc. If your holdings are in lowsec or nullsec, you might theoretically have problems, but in highsec, not too likely.

At the moment, I think only FW space is affected.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

Celeste has a whole small cadre of lackeys who could be candidates for running off and going DUST bunny ... or getting shanghaied and conscripted into service.  In either case, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want anything to do with her or her family.
Pages: 1 2 [3]