Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?  (Read 12095 times)

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
Re: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?
« Reply #75 on: 30 Jul 2012, 11:23 »

I'd like to see more Caldari characters with a strong bond to their parent corporation.

This is on my list of "alts I may make one of these days".

What isn't?

* Anything that features "shaman" in the background.
* Ex-love slave of Jamyl Sarum.
* Heth's illegitimate half-Matari child.
* Roden's harried executive assistant.
* Member of the Organisation pour la Libération de Furriers Génétiquement Modifiés.
* Devout Amarr struggling to reconcile his faith with being a capsuleer.  Mostly because I've done that one already.
* One of Ze'ev's kids.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #76 on: 30 Jul 2012, 14:17 »

Or Minmatar characters who are upset at the Elder's agression and disrupting the peaceful state between the Empire and Republic?

Elders? I don't know what you mean... la la la la...

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #77 on: 30 Jul 2012, 14:21 »

Thukkers. Proper, nomadic Thukkers. I would love to see a corp that moved around all over the place and lived out of a couple of carriers  :D
You don't need carriers. An outcast Thukker band wandering hi- and low-sec in Mammoths and Rifters, mining and producing ships and ammo from local belts and disrupting local commerce for a short while before being forced to move on could be fun.

Mammoths would certainly work, but I picked carriers simply for the mobility and ship hangar bay :P
Also the added combat utility should it be required.

Understood. Have to start somewhere though, and carriers are kind of a big investment.

That's very true :) mammoths to blockade runners to carriers :D I think I may have to do this at some point. Maybe put some skills into industrials first though.

Strongly suggest looking at Orca if you are hanging around highsec. I was looking at making my alt corp like this, An Orca and a Freighter can move a lot of stuff. The orca will move a tengu, a mammoth and a flat-packed noctis fairly easily, along with a lot of minerals for reprocessing. Probably a POS as well.

I was hoping to get the corp's republic standing up over 5 so I could put up highsec pos when they moved to 0.5 systems, as a sort of practice run for moving the whole thing to lowsec, but I never made it.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

ArtOfLight

« Reply #78 on: 30 Jul 2012, 14:42 »

* Devout Amarr struggling to reconcile his faith with being a capsuleer. 

I'm (sort of) doing this one. Azdan's a priest turned capsuleer (because he had little choice) and is now trying to rectify his faith to his being a capsuleer while trying to proselytize to others.

I've received a mixture of reactions from people really enjoying him to people really hating him. I suspect there is more of the latter.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #79 on: 30 Jul 2012, 14:49 »

I think most of TS-F sees Rogue Drones as an intelligence worthy of recognition and respect as a seperate entity.  I know we've worked with some of the Rogue Drone RPers in the past.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #80 on: 10 Aug 2012, 07:49 »

I'm seeing something right now on IGS, that I wanted to see for a VERY long time:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=142302&find=unread

Minmatar with BAD Voluval marks showing up. I really hope this topic takes off - aside from a few positive marks in the Ray of Matar short story, and a few negative in The Outcast chronicle, we really haven't named very many possible Voluval marks. So much attention has gone toward developing languages like Napanii and Amarrad, and this symbolic/hieroglyphic language with major impact on the lives of many Minmatar has been neglected...

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #81 on: 10 Aug 2012, 08:06 »

Istvaan, that's the Kindred of Scarecrows thing going on in this very forum :3
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #82 on: 10 Aug 2012, 08:23 »

I'm seeing something right now on IGS, that I wanted to see for a VERY long time:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=142302&find=unread

Minmatar with BAD Voluval marks showing up. I really hope this topic takes off - aside from a few positive marks in the Ray of Matar short story, and a few negative in The Outcast chronicle, we really haven't named very many possible Voluval marks. So much attention has gone toward developing languages like Napanii and Amarrad, and this symbolic/hieroglyphic language with major impact on the lives of many Minmatar has been neglected...

The reason for that has honestly been that any time someone tries to come up with something that would exist outside of the context of that matari's specific clan, people cry foul. It gets to the point where no one wants to come up with anything new because someone might disapprove.

As for what I'd like to see more of, definitely real pirates. More ransoming, crazy vitoc addicted bounty hunters, more backhanded dealings, more people that want RP in space instead of in stations while ship spinning, more true gallenteans like Seriphyn, some good blood raider characters, more angels, more serpentis, essentially, a lot of the RP that seems to go on now appears to be people arguing in the summit while mission running. I want more multiplayer in my MMO.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #83 on: 10 Aug 2012, 08:33 »

some good blood raider characters

good in what way ?
\o/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #84 on: 10 Aug 2012, 09:05 »

some good blood raider characters

good in what way ?

Less space vampire fetish club, more evil religious cultist. Valerie's blood raider barbies are honestly the best blood raiders out there, or at least the best visible ones, and they seem to have purposely been made to be OOC silly.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #85 on: 10 Aug 2012, 13:05 »

Evidently people dislike Minmatar shamans. Im crushed, really. No, I am.

Now, on to my opinions.

I'd like to see more gallentean RPers at a depth greater than "Lets get high and fuck!"
I'd like to see more Minmatar beyond the depth of "GRR, BLOW THINGS UP IM MAD"
I'd like to see more serious Amarrian development beyond "I AM HOLDER" (Why I made my amarr alt)
I'd like to see more small-faction (Thukker Tribe, Intaki, Achur, SoE) Rpers
And yes, more normal people with normal problems (What I try to do with Ava)

In contrast

I'd like less "Muahaha, I am an all-knowing rational scientist! I know everything about everything!"
Less straw man, 2 dimensional characters of all factions.
Less "I am a god and blow things up because I am a god!"
Less "Look how evil I am! I control everything and am a shady criminal mastermind!" Who never undock
Less furries

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #86 on: 10 Aug 2012, 13:58 »

I'd like to see more hairy, timid, stuttering children who know everything and argue constantly.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #87 on: 10 Aug 2012, 14:00 »

How about rational scientists who know a fuckton about a very narrow area of expertise? And can actually do so believably without technobabble that just confuses anyone listening?

I don't mind criminal masterminds who never undock if they really ARE criminal masterminds and not just saying it.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #88 on: 10 Aug 2012, 15:38 »

Evidently people dislike Minmatar shamans. Im crushed, really. No, I am.

I wouldn't call it a 'dislike' on my part.  I'm just fairly certain that I couldn't play one properly ('properly' defined as 'with other people in game who have their own opinions and more experience with that part of the sandbox').

Lyn Farel

« Reply #89 on: 10 Aug 2012, 16:07 »

I'd like less "Muahaha, I am an all-knowing rational scientist! I know everything about everything!"

Got it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7