Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45718 times)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #315 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:38 »

Psch, Arnulf, you're confusing CCP with God, really. ;P
<snip>

No. I am correctly identifying CCP as God, for the purposes of the EVE Online universe. They did create it after all.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #316 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:41 »

I'd also like to state that I would really, really like us to have an Imperial ruler with no secret heretical backstory or dramatic WTF revelations. 

There's plenty of 'bad guys' in the Empire within and without; let's get a legit House Heir in there running the show for once.  No secret blooders, no dead alien brain demons, just Righteous Amarr being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern Capsuleer Era and emerging as the spears of dominance they should be aspiring to be.

RealPoliticking and Heir Drama: Yes.
Sekret WTF revelations: No.

Lucas Raholan

• Holder of the Holy Bottle
  • Clonejack
  • We have Gold ships, yours is inferior
« Reply #317 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:54 »

I do have to admit that The Empress's background as some kind of split personality zombie thing, is going to be a bit confusing.

Although it opens up the Amarr arc to an interesting development in terms of What CCP can to do

Also first Backstage post   :D
Liberal Amarr RP'er
I still consider myself pretty new to the RP scene

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #318 on: 23 Apr 2013, 16:03 »

Hey, I know you!

Welcome to the Backstage. I liked your first post and hope to see many more in the future. :)

Why? Just kill her. The Empire is so strong, it could survive the Mad Emperor; it will also survive a new secession.
Because I'm fond of her.

b]Edit:[/b] As for: "I like having a drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive, superweapon wielding  Empress as the head of the Amarr." She is also "head"/"overlord" of the Khanid Kingdom (see Eterne comment/brain-fart on the Eve-forum); she is also the "religious head/"overlord"(see St. Tetrimon chron) of the amarr church/faith. So she is two in one  :P :lol:. Which makes her de jure and de facto worldly- and religious leader of the Khanid Kingdom (see here).
I'm unsure what your point is. What does whether or not she's the head of the Khanid Kingdom or the Amarr church have to do with anything?
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2013, 16:09 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #319 on: 23 Apr 2013, 16:10 »

I think part of the thing that bugs me about this is that Sarum's derpier bits had been papered over fairly effectively thus far. Past the initial return, Sarum has astutely handled multiple major political shifts in the Empire with no hint of crazy/possession/split-personality/whatever.

I'm probably being a bit overprotective of my faction here, but it seems like we'd finally managed to smooth the road a bit, and now CCP is going to eject all that in favor of a clean sweep.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #320 on: 23 Apr 2013, 16:40 »

Hey, I know you!

Welcome to the Backstage. I liked your first post and hope to see many more in the future. :)

Why? Just kill her. The Empire is so strong, it could survive the Mad Emperor; it will also survive a new secession.
Because I'm fond of her.

b]Edit:[/b] As for: "I like having a drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive, superweapon wielding  Empress as the head of the Amarr." She is also "head"/"overlord" of the Khanid Kingdom (see Eterne comment/brain-fart on the Eve-forum); she is also the "religious head/"overlord"(see St. Tetrimon chron) of the amarr church/faith. So she is two in one  :P :lol:. Which makes her de jure and de facto worldly- and religious leader of the Khanid Kingdom (see here).
I'm unsure what your point is. What does whether or not she's the head of the Khanid Kingdom or the Amarr church have to do with anything?

Saying... She is also your head.... meaning; the old times were you, as khanid RP, could look over to Jamyl and said your true opinion are over; moreover she rules now you too.  :P So it should sais: "I like having a drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive, superweapon wielding Empress as the head of ME."  :D So privately have I call her in the past also "drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive,", as I was save far, far, far away in the Kingdom  :lol: (a lot of my character is around, that he doesnt like her.  :D). 

I'd also like to state that I would really, really like us to have an Imperial ruler with no secret heretical backstory or dramatic WTF revelations. 

There's plenty of 'bad guys' in the Empire within and without; let's get a legit House Heir in there running the show for once.  No secret blooders, no dead alien brain demons, just Righteous Amarr being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern Capsuleer Era and emerging as the spears of dominance they should be aspiring to be.

RealPoliticking and Heir Drama: Yes.
Sekret WTF revelations: No.

I totally agree. As for the five heirs, I havent choose one  :D; but a normal heir for ones would be great.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2013, 16:43 by Publius Valerius »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #321 on: 23 Apr 2013, 16:40 »

I think part of the thing that bugs me about this is that Sarum's derpier bits had been papered over fairly effectively thus far. Past the initial return, Sarum has astutely handled multiple major political shifts in the Empire with no hint of crazy/possession/split-personality/whatever.

I'm probably being a bit overprotective of my faction here, but it seems like we'd finally managed to smooth the road a bit, and now CCP is going to eject all that in favor of a clean sweep.

This. Her portrayal in-game up to this point has been rather sound and respectable. It's very annoying for them to suddenly drop all this shit on us.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #322 on: 23 Apr 2013, 16:53 »

Saying... She is also your head.... meaning; the old times were you, as khanid RP, could look over to Jamyl and said your true opinion are over; moreover she rules now you too.  :P So it should sais: "I like having a drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive, superweapon wielding Empress as the head of ME."  :D So privately have I call her in the past also "drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive,", as I was save far, far, far away in the Kingdom  :lol: (a lot of my character is around, that he doesnt like her.  :D). 

As I said, I like the Empress. I find her much more interesting than Khanid. Her status as the head of the Amarr church doesn't bother me at all. *Makkal* doesn't like the idea of the Empress ruling over the Kingdom, but I'm not her.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #323 on: 23 Apr 2013, 17:34 »

This. Her portrayal in-game up to this point has been rather sound and respectable. It's very annoying for them to suddenly drop all this shit on us.

I agree. CCP should have imho went on to de-TonyG-ing Jamyl, rather than supposedly de-TonG-ing the Empire by cutting her off.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #324 on: 23 Apr 2013, 18:12 »

Thought: Why the hell would the Empire have allowed such a news article to see the light of day?

Why not call it bullshit, shoddy/false reporting or what-have you if you want?

I'm not sure I like the idea of what they're doing with her (she is, tbh, my favorite of the leaders) but I'm not really sure what stance to take on things, whether it's "ccp stahp" or "wait and see where the hell they're going with this."
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #325 on: 23 Apr 2013, 19:08 »

Yup, I agree with both, and with Silas when she says that a normal Heir would be nice for once. But I do have some faith in CCP, and I look forward to seeing where this is leading, even if the path is not the one I'd have chosen. I liked much more the idea of internal power-struggles and fights over reform vs tradition.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #326 on: 23 Apr 2013, 22:54 »

CCP is so terrible at fleshing out characters and cultures it's very nearly satire. They still treat the Minmatar tribes (and the other races, for that matter) through the adorable Elf/Dwarf/Human/??? character-class stat-boost stereotype that was ditched way back when (I cannot buy into the idea that Sebbies are somehow born with an innate intuition for mechanics, or that Brutors are just a language and a set of silverware away from being ogres). And as to Gender? Oh boy!

The Male Leaders either are Heth/Blaque/Salvador Sarpati - ruthless, arrogant, sociopathic, and not terribly cunning or like Shakor/Gariushi - cunning, yet also brutal and/or sociopathic.
The Female Leaders are either pushovers who fight back from their (~appropriately~) underdog status - Midular/that Exiled-To-A-Garden ex-CEO, or they're strong and fucking insane - like the Queen. The only two female leaders I can think of with any semblance of both competence and basic human cunning are the Silphy enDiabel and Santimona Sarpati that we encounter in Ante. Not that the lore anywhere else suggest that these two are anything like in the Chronicle - Silphy is just presented as a criminal, and Santimona appears to live in her brother's shadow and couldn't do anything to stop Silphy.

It's such a obvious split between acceptable Male and Female personalities. I was totally unsurprised to find out that the Queen is both an unstable lunatic, and also is a "morally degenerate sexfiend", because how else could they justify a strong, kick-ass woman?
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2013, 22:56 by Creep »

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #327 on: 23 Apr 2013, 23:54 »

"The Sebiestor are a lithe, pointy-eared race that excels at Poverty" ?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #328 on: 24 Apr 2013, 01:36 »

"The Sebiestor are a lithe, pointy-eared race that excels at Poverty" ?

Oi.  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #329 on: 24 Apr 2013, 02:41 »

Found the whole "Intaki are exceedingly gifted communicators" hilarious personally. How the heck do you live up to that? I sure can't change how I am in RL to suddenly being this master-communicator, so my toon has been portrayed as a very a-typical Intaki being somewhat weak in the 'perfect coms-skills' department.

As for the topic at hand, it is true that for the most part the whole 'zombie queen' thing with Jamyl has been kept down IC, making this sudden news (That should have been halted in the presses and had a few heads rolling/enslaved for slandering the Empress) a lightning-bold from a clear sky.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26