Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45722 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #300 on: 23 Apr 2013, 12:32 »

Yay, the quicker she is out, the quicker Catiz on the throne, the better. \o/

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #301 on: 23 Apr 2013, 12:33 »

Hell no, I vote for Amarrian Batman: Articio Kor-Azor!

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #302 on: 23 Apr 2013, 12:35 »

Please don't Heth our empress, CCP.

Tbh, Jamyl had been going rather crazy long before it even became apparent that Heth had any illness to begin with. So while it looks like, from our characters' perpective that Jamyl might be 'pulling a Heth,' in reality it's the other way around.

But two bits of Amarr info in one day? I wonder if they're gearing up for something big to happen while Fanfest takes place. Like what they did during PAX East.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #303 on: 23 Apr 2013, 12:35 »

TM are heretics who shouldn't even have an heir house!

Ardishapur 2013!

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #304 on: 23 Apr 2013, 12:41 »

TM are heretics who shouldn't even have an heir house!

Ardishapur 2013!

Ardishapur is also the family line that produced the Mad Emperor and the heretic that became the founder of EoM.  :P  Two huge stains in their history, if you ask me.

Aside from that, if the leaning is towards throwing out Jamyl and replacing her with another Emperor, I'm not happy about taking this route. When royalty in Amarr are suppose to last a few hundred years as the norm, having to have a change of Emperors 3 times in a ten year span isn't a good thing.  :ugh:

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #305 on: 23 Apr 2013, 13:02 »

Hmm, looks like we're not going to be able to pretend that the silly things in the books aren't apparent to our characters much longer.

Yup. Complicated thing. Caldari can choose to be loyal or not to Heth, he's just a man. We can't, since the Empress isn't. It's going to be a complicated matter to address.

As for the succesor, we need Kador to hold the line! So we can finally Reclaim the Gallente with our full force!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #306 on: 23 Apr 2013, 13:35 »

TBH... I was hoping they'd keep Sarum around, as the turnover rate in Imperial leadership is just getting silly and she was one of the publicly sane-er leaders - prior to this, it was far easier to sweep her derpy bits under the "but we wouldn't know" rug. I guess CCP's going for a full wipe of all TonyG-era leadership, though. Ohwell.  :cry:
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #307 on: 23 Apr 2013, 13:54 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2918593#post2918593

Um, okay, but I have to say, what the fuck? Since when were we allowed to have bare-tittied Empress impersonators at giant parties that last for weeks? I think I'm having a crisis of identity here.
Thank the Goddess, I say. Anything that moves the Amarr away from being seen as Catholicism 2.0.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/empress-jamyl-i-becoming-increasingly-erratic-reports-say/

Aaand she's finally lost it.
Awesome.

Aside from that, if the leaning is towards throwing out Jamyl and replacing her with another Emperor, I'm not happy about taking this route.
Agreed. Have the megas make a bloody smear of Heth but let's keep Jamyl. As long as she's mildly insane, she can help make the Empire more dynamic without having yet another Imperial succession.

I like having a drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive, superweapon wielding  Empress as the head of the Amarr.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2013, 14:02 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Publius Valerius

« Reply #308 on: 23 Apr 2013, 14:03 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2918593#post2918593

Um, okay, but I have to say, what the fuck? Since when were we allowed to have bare-tittied Empress impersonators at giant parties that last for weeks? I think I'm having a crisis of identity here.
Thank the Goddess, I say. Anything that moves the Amarr away from being seen as Catholicism 2.0.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/empress-jamyl-i-becoming-increasingly-erratic-reports-say/

Aaand she's finally lost it.
Awesome.

Aside from that, if the leaning is towards throwing out Jamyl and replacing her with another Emperor, I'm not happy about taking this route.
Agreed. Have the megas make a bloody smear of Heth but let's keep Jamyl. As long as she's mildly insane, she can help make the Empire more dynamic without having yet another Imperial succession.

Why? Just kill her. The Empire is so strong, it could survive the Mad Emperor; it will also survive a new secession.

Edit: As for: "I like having a drug-using, orgy having, manic-depressive, superweapon wielding  Empress as the head of the Amarr." She is also "head"/"overlord" of the Khanid Kingdom (see Eterne comment/brain-fart on the Eve-forum); she is also the "religious head/"overlord"(see St. Tetrimon chron) of the amarr church/faith. So she is two in one  :P :lol:. Which makes her de jure and de facto worldly- and religious leader of the Khanid Kingdom (see here).
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2013, 14:46 by Publius Valerius »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #309 on: 23 Apr 2013, 14:26 »

It is the Age of the Revolving Throne.

Where Emperor after Emperor attempted to sit on the Throne and was cast off.

Then Saint (Insert Name Here) put an end to it, when (gender appropriate pronoun) received the Wisdom of God, creating another book of Scripture and bringing peace and order to the Empire.

And there was much rejoicing.
\o/

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #310 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:06 »

<snip>
Aside from that, if the leaning is towards throwing out Jamyl and replacing her with another Emperor, I'm not happy about taking this route. When royalty in Amarr are suppose to last a few hundred years as the norm, having to have a change of Emperors 3 times in a ten year span isn't a good thing.  :ugh:

Well, yes. Royalty in the empire is supposed to go on for hundreds of years. But that said the empire has had a lot of socially disruptive stuff thrown at it in the recent past (as in since the game began). Is it so odd that it's politics would be in flux?

It is the Age of the Revolving Throne.

Where Emperor after Emperor attempted to sit on the Throne and was cast off.

Then Saint (Insert Name Here) put an end to it, when (gender appropriate pronoun) received the Wisdom of God, creating another book of Scripture and bringing peace and order to the Empire.

And there was much rejoicing.

I have to say this seems reasonable to me. Let's hope if they do get rid of her they don't take too long finding a replacement.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #311 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:18 »

Ahwell, am I happy with how things develop for the Empire? No, not really. But as Amarr, we will see it through. :) God is on our side.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #312 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:24 »

Ahwell, am I happy with how things develop for the Empire? No, not really. But as Amarr, we will see it through. :) God is on our side.

Are you sure about that? Bear in mind that God in reality is vague & unknowable (or non-existant depending on your perspective).

God as far as EVE Online is concerned is CCP. Or more specifically whoever is in charge of Plot. That would make EVE's God the deceiver & destroyer of Minmatar legend, no?

:D
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #313 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:30 »

:/

I think her irrational behavior could have been more shown rather than described.

This seems a quick rush to take out the trash across all factions.

While this is generally a good thing as we purge our Tony G-isms like so much bad seafood, care in the method is important.

That being said I'll be doing many a happy dance when she's dead and burred permanently.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #314 on: 23 Apr 2013, 15:34 »

Psch, Arnulf, you're confusing CCP with God, really. ;P

And yah, I have to kind'a agree with Silas, at least on the general point: Generally it's a good thing to purge the TonyG-isms, but it's bad to do it if it does make matters worse. <,<
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26