Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45707 times)

Publius Valerius

Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #270 on: 10 Apr 2013, 00:21 »

Realistically, changes to education system really show only after years or decades, yes. That would make for a damn long arc, though...

This. There's a point in which realism has to meet fun.

My Idea would be to have this Education reforms first in those schools which produce the "teachers".... like the Ardishapur Institute of Education*.... Maybe he, Eterne, could bring up, that the "under-construction" school is now finish and works under this new guidelines.....

As from here would it be easier to say, that the "new curriculum, on the other hand, forces students to engage their minds and think deeply on Scripture and service. " etc... I would suggests Eterne to make the news around one school (AIoE). It would also make sense, that the Ardishapur are needing new/better teachers in those classes which teach the future teachers....after that the new/better teachers meet "a group of students"/"fellow student, a low-class Ni-Kunni woman," which were mention in the news...

So first..... AIoE with the new guide lines teaches new teachers and/or re-teach the old ones (which had before work with the old structures and ideas). From that: Second. New teacher going out to other schools in his domain (not just AIoE)..... Third: "A group of students"/"fellow student, a low-class Ni-Kunni woman," come up in the news.

The news would be something like this:
[spoiler]
Ardishapur educational reforms showing initial strong results
Youl - With the educational reforms spearheaded by Yonis Ardishapur firmly implemented in his family domains, the overall reaction from educators and students has been highly positive. While the standards have only been in place a short time, improvements have been noted by several groups. The other royal Houses, and the Imperial court, have all been watching closely.

The Ardishapur Institute of Education, which for a long time under-construction, was the prefect starting point for Yonis Ardishapur education program. The new curriculum was first teach in the halls of re-open Institute of Education. For months new students leave the University and start their career as teacher.

One new teacher, when asked about the changes, heaped effusive praise on them. "The old standards were sorely lacking. They did little to challenge students and, instead, fostered an air of minimal effort and doing just enough to get by. The new curriculum, on the other hand, forces students to engage their minds and think deeply on Scripture and service."

A older teacher, which is already a month back from the Ardishapur Institute of Education praise the educational reforms. "Some of the students responses have been very interesting, something I can't say I remember in my decades of teaching." He went on to say, "It's naturally been a challenge for some students, especially those who are nearing the end of their education. They're so used to the old ways - and much of the rubbish in there was little more than antiquated notions that haven't been changed since before the rise of capsuleers flipped so much on its head - that adjusting to the new standards have been difficult. However, I've been very surprised by some. Those who seemed the least interested in being there, now that they're faced with things of genuine use and importance, have seemingly woken up. It's been like night and day."

A group of students expressed similar opinions. "The material is much more in depth," said one, a Khanid student from an upper class common family. "The older work was simply more of the same thing I've been learning since I was a child. This is something new."

A fellow student, a low-class Ni-Kunni woman, concurred. "Before, I was learning the rote methods of how things were done. The new curriculum actually makes me have to stop and think sometimes. I'm actually listening to the instructor instead of doodling on my datapad, waiting for the lecture to end."

When asked what the most important change was, she quickly answered, "Accountability. For both the student and the teacher. I've had some awful teachers before, who were less interested in teaching and more interested in collecting tenure. I don't think they'll survive long under this new plan."

According to reports from the Imperial court, EmpressJamyl I is apparently "ecstatic" about the early results and is looking forward to having the reforms implemented Empire-wide.

The next round of civil service exams in the Empire are upcoming and the Amarr Civil Service has already reported a 5% increase in applicants over previous years.

[/spoiler]

The new structure would be:
-explaining the past
-new teacher leaves comment
-old teacher leaves comment
-A group students leaves comment
-A single student leaves comment
-Meaning for the Empire
-How awesome the outcome is....

Ehm... But I havent a activ account, and most likely Eterne wouldnt listen to me.... So if someone else trys to come forward and runs with the AIoE idea or brings it to Eterne. He will be welcome  :P.

P.S. OOC: Is this news about the American change in the school system? Actually it is quiet funny, that they (Amarr) still go out from a structural approach on a Education problem (meaning outcome is only in correlation with the structure etc...). Ehm... Its remembers me on the whole Wisconsin thingy!?! 
I think a little rework of Eterne would help, so that it goes also in a modern approach/direction (what we call in germany the finnland model; after the country which kicks our ass on every PISA study  :lol:). Meaning... as I said... new teaching methods for the teachers... less "negative selection"* Then new teacher (and re-skilled old ones) are back to schools. Schools get better and sharper structure.... etc

*"negative selection" is a german term. It means, that some university degress/diploms have a strong tendency to attract the wrong people. A good example would be the german teaching system in the 70... to be more precisely the lectureship and priests (priests need a university degree; today also muslime priests and other too). They have in the 70 largely attract people which had started this profession for the wrong reasons....  Which lead to a huge problem of bad teachers and/or pedo bears (in both professions). It was actually a interesting time, because during the 70s we had a social democratic-liberal government/administration. Interesting why? Interesting because most of the time social democratic parties and governments* try to fix a problem by just changing the structure (like put one school together with other school etc... or change the system a little etc...). But just a re-structuring wouldnt fix the problem. As can be seen by Joseph Ratzingers work (aka pope Benedikt XVI.); sending pedo bears to a new city (or giving him to a new school); doesnt fix the pedo bear problem.
As I said, but this problem in the 70s wasnt a structural ones, it was about individuals. So, it was a hard time, because the german SPD, had to go out of their "comfort zone" and attack their own voters (teachers). Which they, the SPD, luckily have. I think, this is move which the American Democrates still have to do, because like Finnland (and the german past) has showen: Education isnt just the structure thingy. So If a american reads my overly long post :lol:. Be ready for some interesting years to come, and the fun will just start when the first democrates comes forward and says.... "Actually there are bad teachers. And we, as party X, should think about the goal of a structure (education of students) first and not just defend the structure (aka teachers) itself." That will be so funny :lol:
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2013, 00:29 by Publius Valerius »

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #271 on: 10 Apr 2013, 02:04 »

The Sarum family and the Ardishapur family are co-owners of the Royal Amarr Institute and I hope that the content team remember that if this starts to spread within the Empire.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Publius Valerius

« Reply #272 on: 10 Apr 2013, 02:08 »

The Sarum family and the Ardishapur family are co-owners of the Royal Amarr Institute and I hope that the content team remember that if this starts to spread within the Empire.

During my time on the wiki ...I actually dont found the news which says that  :|... Do you have link for me about the RAI and Sarum + Ardishapur connection?

lallara zhuul

• Veteran
« Reply #273 on: 10 Apr 2013, 02:32 »

It is in the old NPC corporation shares data.

lallara zhuul

• Veteran
« Reply #275 on: 10 Apr 2013, 03:33 »

Meh, must have been retconned out.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #276 on: 10 Apr 2013, 03:35 »

According to the data of EVElopedia, the shareholders are Carthum, the Chancellery and the TC.

Further Foodstuffs is held and has been founded by Ardishapur and Sarum jointly, iirc.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2013, 03:42 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #277 on: 10 Apr 2013, 05:53 »

Even more, the Ardishapur entry on chruker lists the Royal Amarr Institute as "enemy". Ardishapur is probably an "anonymous" owner of Further Foodstuffs (pretty much established in fluff) and also owns a piece of Viziam. Some of that information is rather funny, though. Apparently, Carthum is partially owned by Ducia Foundry (i.e. Zoar & Sons). Ducia lists Carthum as "enemy".

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #278 on: 10 Apr 2013, 06:36 »

Meh, must have been retconned out.
2004 says no.

Also, the first article of this education reform arc explicitly states that the higher-level education in the Empire isn't really a problem. What this reform is touching on is education of commoners.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #279 on: 10 Apr 2013, 09:38 »

[Modified as I am taking the advice of the posters below - Esna, Nico and Silas]

One IC concern Luna has became evident on IGS today when he-who-must-not-be-named[tm] essentially tried to slander Ardishapur by implying that the educational reforms would support abolition or wholesale changes in Amarr doctrine.  While Ardishapur is progressive, he is also a true amarr and this sort of support he could do without.  While I won't dignify he-who-must-not-be-named with a response on IGS (although Luna was going to get her dander up), I can see the Amarr Arc going in this direction with Sarumites latching onto mischaracterizations like that.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2013, 12:02 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #280 on: 10 Apr 2013, 12:23 »

Ardishapur ? Progressive ? @_@

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #281 on: 10 Apr 2013, 12:50 »

*laugh* this is where current real life labels don't quite fit I guess (like trying to describe certain rl religious leaders who may be progressive compared to what was before).  Luna likes Ardishapur because (evepedia) "Yonis Ardishapur, favoring peaceful conversion to the forceful Reclaiming. Yonis seems to believe the carrot is more effective than the stick and has funded religious missions to every civilized empire. He has additionally heavily built up the centers of education and health care in his domains, making them very attractive places for the wealthy to send their children." In that sense! andit's important to her backstory because it is part of why she made her career change and why she is worried about the tensions that seem to be developing in the Amarr arc.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #282 on: 10 Apr 2013, 13:08 »

Yonis is, on the opposite, being relatively close to the Ardishapur ideals. Sure, he has improved the schools. I dare suggest that the Orthodox Amarr faith has a large role. Since Amarr scripture contains pretty much everything about everything, it probably isn't terribly hard to design a curriculum that uses the practical bits to reinforce the message that faith helps you, and mix some of the more "traditional" Amarr message of "bow to your Holders" in-between the more "useful" lessons.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #283 on: 10 Apr 2013, 13:30 »

Yonis is, on the opposite, being relatively close to the Ardishapur ideals. Sure, he has improved the schools. I dare suggest that the Orthodox Amarr faith has a large role. Since Amarr scripture contains pretty much everything about everything, it probably isn't terribly hard to design a curriculum that uses the practical bits to reinforce the message that faith helps you, and mix some of the more "traditional" Amarr message of "bow to your Holders" in-between the more "useful" lessons.
I don't think that orthodox Amarr faith has a role in education in the Empire. Rather it's the other way around: Education has a role in the orthodox Amarr faith. vOv That's nothing Ardishapur-specific, though, I'd claim.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #284 on: 10 Apr 2013, 13:33 »

*laugh* this is where current real life labels don't quite fit I guess (like trying to describe certain rl religious leaders who may be progressive compared to what was before).  Luna likes Ardishapur because (evepedia) "Yonis Ardishapur, favoring peaceful conversion to the forceful Reclaiming. Yonis seems to believe the carrot is more effective than the stick and has funded religious missions to every civilized empire. He has additionally heavily built up the centers of education and health care in his domains, making them very attractive places for the wealthy to send their children." In that sense! andit's important to her backstory because it is part of why she made her career change and why she is worried about the tensions that seem to be developing in the Amarr arc.

Ah okay. I wasn't aware of that description of him.

Though when I read a news piece about him, I silently scream "CONSERVATIVE" pretty much every time. What I read of him daily and what I read of him on evelopedia seems to describe 2 different characters to my eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26