Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (The Burning Life, p. 54)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45721 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #165 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:08 »

Lords Miyan and Darabi also feature in the amarr epic arc.
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #167 on: 17 Mar 2013, 20:42 »

Reclaiming! \o/

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #168 on: 18 Mar 2013, 00:46 »

speaking of reclaiming. http://community.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=5054&tid=2

Any thoughts on this. It seems to me to imply the Empress is totally cool with reclaiming the hell out of any territory held my the 24th IC. That would lead to all kinds of arguements saying Amarr could go nuts raiding any territory that the Empire has the loosest claim to (ie: all the Republic, jove space, the whole universe.)

Edited to correct the link
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013, 00:48 by Karmilla Strife »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #169 on: 18 Mar 2013, 01:00 »

That article is what I was \o/ing about.

It should be noted though, that we don't yet know Jamyl's opinion on things. That's House Sarum's doing, the Empress isn't really Sarum anymore. I'm hoping that Jamyl will support it nonetheless, though.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #170 on: 18 Mar 2013, 07:28 »

We don't even know to what exact extent the news article is really telling us what's happening there, as the article is based on a leaked FIO document, mainly.

It seems the Sarum Family has been building flotillas of transport barges and trained small-sized squads, but we don't know yet how Merimeth intends to use them, other than the allegations of the leaked FIO report.

So, to begin with, we don't even know whether this is really meant to be for the purpose of slave raids. Also, even if it's for slave raids, it doesn't mean that the Empress is cool with it, as Samira pointed out, because the Empress is not the head of House Sarum and might speak out against Merimeth's intentions. I doubt so, though.

Now, even if Merimeth intends to raid for slaves, of course those opposed to the Amarr will claim that Amarr could go  nuts and attempt to raid any territory the empire has the loosest claim to. That is something they already do, though, it's nothing new. They're claiming it all the time and of course they will claim that these actions show that they have been right all along.

Now, then, so be it. I don't see how that is much of a change, though. I, meanwhile, am happy to see something happening in Amarr.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #171 on: 18 Mar 2013, 07:39 »

My guess is that the report is actually referring to DUST-related infrastructure and personnel.

DUST uses (or will use) 4-6 people per squad, iirc, so there's "small" - and transport barges could very well be a reference to the MCC or war barges.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #172 on: 18 Mar 2013, 07:44 »

My guess is that the report is actually referring to DUST-related infrastructure and personnel.

DUST uses (or will use) 4-6 people per squad, iirc, so there's "small" - and transport barges could very well be a reference to the MCC or war barges.

That were my thoughts as well. :D

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #173 on: 18 Mar 2013, 08:07 »

The fun question is, do we have enough available IC for our characters to make that kind of guess? I'm not entirely sure that we do yet - which means that if we're right and it is a DUST reference, the deliberately vague and provocative wording of the article is going to result in some amusing drama when we do find out what Merimeth is up to. :lol:

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #174 on: 18 Mar 2013, 08:45 »

I personally think that Nico has (either) not enough available to make that kind of guess and(/or), being a Sarumite herself, wouldn't speculate about such in public/with outsiders as that could jeopardize a success of any surprise effects at the first deployment of such a force.

Also, yes, I'd like to see Sarumite DUST troopers pour out of transport barges while everyone expected slavers with their dogs.

By the way, I'd suggest that reading the news articles gives a hint in that direction: Empress Jamyl I announces Empire intent to welcome clone soldiers with open arms.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013, 08:47 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #175 on: 18 Mar 2013, 11:50 »

Meh! Not really looking forward to trying to defend Sarum ships during a slave raid, especially right now since they'll probably be blow up before they can do anything.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #176 on: 18 Mar 2013, 12:55 »

One of the DUST corporations for Amarr has the backing of Sarum Family.
\o/

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #177 on: 18 Mar 2013, 12:56 »

I don't see the slavery thing being what will come, Aldrith. ^^ Hear what Lou is saying.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #178 on: 19 Mar 2013, 08:17 »

If we follow the pattern of all the new PF / Life events tying with Dust events you can bet good ISK the Amarr arc will likely feature Sarumite Dusties bringing the Holy Wrath.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #179 on: 19 Mar 2013, 08:59 »

I agree with Silas. Not only is a slave raid likely, it is almost certain at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26