Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanids were fellow settlers alongside the Amarrians on Athra, better known today as Amarr Prime? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45723 times)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #150 on: 01 Mar 2013, 12:33 »

Yes, I personally see much more potential for cloak-and-dagger politics, complicated Theological decrees and the manipulation of ancient traditions to achieve non-violent power grabs in this arc instead of popular uprising.

We're Amarrians. We keep that shit classy.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #151 on: 01 Mar 2013, 12:38 »

Yes, I personally see much more potential for cloak-and-dagger politics, complicated Theological decrees and the manipulation of ancient traditions to achieve non-violent power grabs in this arc instead of popular uprising.

100% agreed. I still remember the Darabi/Miyan conflict, during half of which we didn't really know who was the "evil plotter" and who the victim, or the Tetrimon arc that faced complicated moral choices with the Speaker on one side and Articio on the other, etc. Good shit, and amarrian kind of shit too. Golden. :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #152 on: 01 Mar 2013, 12:49 »

Yes. It is the contextual political environnement that seems at work here.

My own view was more about the general political tendencies lying behind.

I think that's this political context that actually makes the Empress not on the verge of losing every bit of power considering how ideologically she may be isolated.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #153 on: 01 Mar 2013, 13:26 »

8)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #154 on: 01 Mar 2013, 13:48 »

Speaking of cloak and dagger politics, did anyone else notice that the High Deacon that approved Artico Kor-Azor's methods of rule was killed under suspicious circumstances three years ago? It was officially a terrorist attack by the Bloody Hands of Matar, and he was supposed to be meeting the Empress for a simple holy day rite. The Empress narrowly missed the meeting by cancelling 20 minutes prior to the explosion. Suspicious? I fucking think so.

http://community.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=3769&tid=4

So, the way I see it, this whole thing could have gone three ways:

1.) Exactly as it did as reported, the Bloody Hands wanted to kill both the High Deacon and the Empress but Jamyl got lucky. Alternatively, perhaps she really was killed but she cloned and the offical report covers up that part.

2.) Jamyl got word of the Bloody Hands attack before arriving at the meeting and cancelled to avoid it, but did not inform the High Deacon. She used the opportunity to get Mervan Moritok out of the way for some reason...

3.) Jamyl was behind the whole thing, and she had the High Deacon killed for her own purposes.

Now we find out that Mervan was a solid part of Heideran's old regiem and that he perhaps approved of something Artico was doing that she does not approve of. EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #155 on: 01 Mar 2013, 13:51 »

Get the tinfoil!

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #156 on: 01 Mar 2013, 17:54 »

Now, to add to that speculation, Aldrith, the Empress keeps the seat of High Deacon vacant. As the TC ruling on Jamyls return being a miracle can only be reevaluated by the TC and would, given the priority of the ruling, certainly necessitate the High Deacon to be involved, one wonders why the Empress didn't find a suitable successor for good old Moritok...

Sepherim

• Omelette
« Reply #157 on: 02 Mar 2013, 01:23 »

Nice! I love conspiracies. Pity I no longer play old-seph, or he'd love this. :S

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #158 on: 03 Mar 2013, 11:39 »

Didn't notice this one before:

Ardishapur Family to implement educational overhaul

Ardishapur Victor!

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #159 on: 03 Mar 2013, 12:58 »

The game isn't over yet, I'd wait with calling victor. Strengthening education is good, though - he should make up a program for Amarrian  capsuleers. ;)

Publius Valerius

« Reply #160 on: 03 Mar 2013, 15:00 »

Didn't notice this one before:

Ardishapur Family to implement educational overhaul

Ardishapur Victor!

Weird that it doesnt mention the: Ardishapur Institute of Education*

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #161 on: 04 Mar 2013, 15:14 »

Kor-Azor Holders stand against House in protest against think-tanks

Some words from Darabi and Miyan again.

Other usefuls: Right Honorable is used as an honorific, further confirming that the Empire seems to use all the standard feudal styles. An additional confirmation comes from Heirs being referred to as "The Heir [House]". Much in the same way as feudal lords were referred to as "The Lord [Fief]". Holders are therefore likely also to be referred to as either "The Lord/Lady [House]" or "The Holder [House]" in formal declarations.
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2013, 15:19 by Samira Kernher »

Publius Valerius

« Reply #162 on: 04 Mar 2013, 18:02 »

Kor-Azor Holders stand against House in protest against think-tanks

Some words from Darabi and Miyan again.

Other usefuls: Right Honorable is used as an honorific, further confirming that the Empire seems to use all the standard feudal styles. An additional confirmation comes from Heirs being referred to as "The Heir [House]". Much in the same way as feudal lords were referred to as "The Lord [Fief]". Holders are therefore likely also to be referred to as either "The Lord/Lady [House]" or "The Holder [House]" in formal declarations.

Thats what you get Royal Heir Kor-Azor; when you think, you can outsmart/flank the old checks-and-balances that many entrenched institutions and local barons* are forming, which makes the empire so great  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

So we will see what the Empress says on this case, as the article rightful says: She can make such decisions not the TC High Deacon. Even in the case, that royal heir Aritcio gets a "green light". I couldnt imagine, that she would give Lord Aritcio Kor-Azor a 100% free pass. More likely that if he can stay with this new institutions, that the vassal Holders get some other noble rights to compensate for their losses. So that the new status quo, would close to the pre-"secret advisory boards" status.

Second option which I could think of, the secret advisory boards get banned. Point, end of story. :D 
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2013, 18:59 by Publius Valerius »

Sepherim

• Omelette
« Reply #163 on: 04 Mar 2013, 18:52 »

Never trust lord Miyan! Whatever he says is venom! Even if he may be right! xD

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #164 on: 04 Mar 2013, 19:27 »

It's not surprising that the English-language representation of Amarr feudal titles and honorifics are based on actual English feudal titles and honorifics.

The way titles and names are used is a bit idiosyncratic throughout the PF. In the past I've noticed that many Amarr nobles tended to be referred to in royal style (by first name only). This is definitely not consistent though, and I'd say most references to holders use family names.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26