Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rimpon, an ovoid, golden coloured fruit with a tart taste, was invented by player Matariki Rain, and has since made an appearance in a number of player-created fictions?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45721 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #120 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:07 »

One thing I was thinking of that may hinder involvement in such a conflict is there doesn't seem to be as much factionalism within the Amarr camp. There are plenty of Caldari characters with a wide range of opinions, that they have been vocal about and we've seen some pretty amazing player involvement in that storyline. Many Amarr don't seem as outspoken if they have anti-Sarum views. They certainly aren't seen as often as we've seen anti-Heth characters.

I wonder what would (will?) happen when Ardishapur calls up PIE, since he has before if I remember correctly, to fight for tradition and orthodoxy by burning Sarum down?

Excellent question, thus might begin some enriching and engrossing/difficult RP hard decisions.

And Aldrith, Tash-Murkon is not high on Khanid's favorite list. 

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #121 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:09 »

That would be very interesting. As an Ardishapur loyalist Samira would be inclined to support him, though she's also not the type to oppose legitimate authority. Which to my understanding is the official PIE stance as well: Empire first, regardless of personal opinions on the state of things.

I don't think the Empire will go in the same direction as the State, though. There isn't enough negatives about Jamyl to warrant a civil war (and judging from how Zaragram II was brought down, the Empire in general is more likely to kneel to a bad leader than to stand up in opposition). I think things will just continue the way they have... internal pressuring and dirty looks at each other, but no actual overt conflict.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2013, 16:11 by Samira Kernher »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #122 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:11 »

That would be very interesting. As an Ardishapur loyalist Samira would be inclined to support him, though she's also not the type to oppose legitimate authority. Which to my understanding is the official PIE stance as well: Empire first, regardless of personal opinions on the state of things.

I don't think the Empire will go in the same direction as the State, though. There isn't enough negatives about Jamyl to warrant a civil war (and judging from how Zaragram II was brought down, the Empire in general is more likely to kneel to a bad leader than to stand up in opposition). I think things will just continue the way they have... internal pressuring and dirty looks at each other, but no actual overt conflict.

There will be blood.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #123 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:11 »

Perhaps proxy conflicts between Heirs? Poor Kador doesn't have much of a fleet left.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #124 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:13 »

Actually, almost all of the Amarr characters I know have thier own micro-loyalties, but IC they are good at hiding them. I've only been able to discover them through OOC convos, since IC there hasn't been much reason to express such loyalties until now.

Aldrith served Kador vassals and likes the Kor-Azor families, while he rather dislikes the Tash-Murkon and Sarum. Mitara, meanwhile, favors Sarum and Ardishapur. However they don't talk about politics, since it hasn't really mattered until now, but there is going to be a HUGE problem between them if the proverbial poo hits the fan.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2013, 16:15 by Aldrith Shutaq »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #125 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:15 »

Proxy conflicts would be interesting, and fitting for a feudal society. Though still seems somewhat out of character for the Empire as aside from the Khanid Family (and heretical cults) I can't recall reading about any internal conflicts actually spilling out into armed warfare.

*Edit* Nevermind, the Moral Reforms was an armed conflict, wasn't it? Hmm. Would be interesting if we had another one of those.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2013, 16:18 by Samira Kernher »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #126 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:17 »

That probably has more to do with Holders being banned from having fleets of their own. Now they have capsuleers...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #127 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:20 »

Proxy conflicts would be interesting, and fitting for a feudal society. Though still seems somewhat out of character for the Empire as aside from the Khanid Family (and heretical cults) I can't recall reading about any internal conflicts actually spilling out into armed warfare.

It happened the last time someone violated the succession protocol. Big civil war, lots of Amarr killing Amarr, and an entire region left the Empire. 

Succession protocols have again been violated. When it comes to light (and it will) brother will slay brother.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #128 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:20 »

That probably has more to do with Holders being banned from having fleets of their own. Now they have capsuleers...

They are banned? How so?

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #129 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:27 »

Heideran VII decreed that holders cannot have space-based fleets of their own after the Khanid Rebellion. It was also mentioned in Kiss of the Soul chronicle.

Note: I think this refers to non-Royal Heir holders, and likely wouldn't apply in the Kingdom either.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #130 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:33 »

Heideran VII decreed that holders cannot have space-based fleets of their own after the Khanid Rebellion. It was also mentioned in Kiss of the Soul chronicle.

Note: I think this refers to non-Royal Heir holders, and likely wouldn't apply in the Kingdom either.
Ah right, important distinction since the Heirs have their personal fleets for their regions... interesting though!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #131 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:35 »

Actually, Holders are not banned from having their own fleets as evidenced by many mission storylines, the Miyan - Darabi conflict and other examples. ( http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Holder_Wars )The corp description for the Holdfast Syndicate also states that most large Holder families have their own private militaries, while smaller ones have to rely on others for help. What they are banned from is becoming powerful enough to fight off Empire-threatening external and internal threats, as this is for Imperial Navy to take care of.

Also, do note that Kador's fleet was folded into the Imperial Navy. Articio also now has his finghers in the Navy and the Crusade, as told by the most recent Amarr news article. Can we recall another Heir that had some sway in the Navy before his own insurrection?

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #132 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:40 »

The Government of the Amarr Empire wiki article does mention that exceptions exist. "At times, Holders are able to defy the edict, particularly when allowed by permissive heirs in the absence of strong central authority, but such situations were rare."  It is also a ban just of space based fleets so they're allowed ground forces, orbital defenses, etc... I wonder if they'd be allowed to have non-warp capable ships? This does sort of get into the facepalm nature of missions in general.

Edit: All that said. I think it's more likely we see stuff like the Holder Wars you linked, than a gold-plated version of the State unrest.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2013, 16:43 by Karmilla Strife »

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #133 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:53 »

The Empress is not part of the Sarum house anymore, it is part of taking the Throne.

Also the Sarum are among the more conservative houses, so they might actually turn against the Empress.

At the moment I don't see anybody except Khanid standing by her if feces hits the air conditioning unit.

Everybody else has more to gain if she would disappear.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #134 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:58 »

Yeah mostly.

Her traditionnal enemies being liberals, Kor Azor and Tash Murkon.

Sarumites and Ardishapurites probably sharing similar conservative views on her legitimacy.

Kador have been slapped for being an idiot and probably still is resentful.

Khanid spits on traditions, so probably a (shifty) ally.

_________

We need more intra factionnal conflict, like in the old times.  \o/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26