Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45712 times)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #105 on: 26 Feb 2013, 11:28 »

GAIZ

http://community.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=5040&tid=2

SOME STUFF WITH THE THINGS IS GOING ON!

Also Articio is my hero. Amarrian Batman.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #106 on: 26 Feb 2013, 11:54 »

It used to be that if you were podded due to server error, and petitioned, the message you got when they gave you back your implants and refunded the clone cost was that your clone had been prematurely activated without a pod breach; CONCORD had located your intact pod but unfortunately the 'self' in it had gone crazy from the sensory deprivation, so they euthanized it. 'but we rinsed off the implants a bit ... here'.

anyone who had that happen, knew someone who had that happen, or had heard about it, would ICly know that simultaneously active clones is possible.

Well, that's a case of 'PF' not being consistent, then, as a prematurely activated clone would not have any ideas about what was going on unless the brain of the pilot in pod was scanned, when the clone was activated prematurely. But then, if the brain was scanned, then the burn scanner would have burned the capsule pilots brain. vOv

Also: That sounds nice, Aldirth, even though Yonis > Aritcio.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #107 on: 26 Feb 2013, 12:12 »

I like where the story is going more and more with each news event. :)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #108 on: 26 Feb 2013, 12:49 »

Linked it on IGS

Load your appropriate rhetoric cannons for broadsides!

Publius Valerius

« Reply #109 on: 26 Feb 2013, 12:56 »

I like where the story is going more and more with each news event. :)

The End is everything. So I hope in the end of this arc Jamyl will be gone  :D. I would even re-sub just to put fireworks in the stature near the Amarr Emperor Station.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2013, 14:19 by Publius Valerius »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #110 on: 26 Feb 2013, 13:09 »

And the day after I give up on Amarr RP, my character's Heir gets in the news... :bash:

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #111 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:10 »

What Silas said. It's quite possible to have two individual copies of you running around at once. It's just highly illegal.

More illegal than killing thousands of other people? Since when has something being illegal stopped anyone, especially those with the wealth that capsuleers have. And since when does Concord has any authority of what is or isn't legal in nullsec or wormhole space?

Anyone has a story about a capsuleer being apprehended by Concord because he did this illegal thing?

Sorry, the no capsuleer does it because Concord thinks its illegal explanation just doesn't make much sense.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #112 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:41 »

What Silas said. It's quite possible to have two individual copies of you running around at once. It's just highly illegal.

More illegal than killing thousands of other people? Since when has something being illegal stopped anyone, especially those with the wealth that capsuleers have. And since when does Concord has any authority of what is or isn't legal in nullsec or wormhole space?

Anyone has a story about a capsuleer being apprehended by Concord because he did this illegal thing?

Sorry, the no capsuleer does it because Concord thinks its illegal explanation just doesn't make much sense.

There is much about CONCORD that 'does not make sense'.

Either they are omnipotent and constantly monitoring our every action, or they aren't.  The PF seems to waver between the two extremes on a case-by-case basis.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #113 on: 26 Feb 2013, 15:46 »

They are omnipotent (and omniscient) with regards to anything involving our ships, or anything that involves anything under the purview of the SCC (markets, contracts - anything involving ISK) or the CRC (fluid routers, ie, comms).

They are near-omnipotent (and near-omniscient) with regards to anything involving our cloning unless we go way out of our way and put in an almost prohibitively large amount of effort and resources into bypassing them.

What is vague is what makes them choose to act, and when. Not the level of power they have.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #114 on: 26 Feb 2013, 19:11 »

They are near-omnipotent (and near-omniscient) with regards to anything involving our cloning unless we go way out of our way and put in an almost prohibitively large amount of effort and resources into bypassing them.

A Rough Guide to Under the Radar Fun With ClonesTM

1) Clone someone who does not have capsuleer potential. Ideally, it will be someone you know well, or will be able to research with some degree of thoroughness, but never rule out the potential usefulness of Random Drifters.
2) Wipe his/her mind.  Replace it with a copy of yours.
3) Eliminate the original non-capsuleer.
4) Do not communicate with the copy ever.  Assume it will know what to do (because it, after all, will be you ... in every way but physical).

There may be side effects or unexpected results.  Consulting with a physician is suggested before undertaking any cloning program. Void where prohibited, which is just about everywhere...

Lyn Farel

« Reply #115 on: 27 Feb 2013, 13:34 »

In the same vein of "CONCORD monitors everything related to the capsule and can prevent us from targeting dropships, planets, etc" it could be argued that since (hard) cloning requires a brain scan in the capsule, CONCORD actually knows where your data is being uploaded. If that's not a registered medical bay, then they will inquire.

However, pirate stations in nullsec have medical bays too ? Would they let you use these clone services ? Are they registered and official by CONCORD rules ? That would not make a lot of sense...

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #116 on: 27 Feb 2013, 14:08 »

However, pirate stations in nullsec have medical bays too ? Would they let you use these clone services ? Are they registered and official by CONCORD rules ? That would not make a lot of sense...

They do indeed. Vince's clone is in Curse in one such station and having them be concord sanctioned vats is just silly. I don't know maybe there some hardline basecode of the :jove: variety that prevents premature activation.  :psyccp:

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #117 on: 28 Feb 2013, 15:39 »

So after reading the new devblog today about the direction the story is taking I had an "OCRAP" moment while talking things over with Samira.

Since the running theme is going to be dissent, internal conflict and world-changing political shifts... This means the Empire is going to get divided into camps, most probably along Heir family lines.

The way I seeing it going: The Empress with the Sarum, Tash-Murkon and Kahnid on her side, against the dissenting Ardishapur, Kor-Azor and Kador.

Maybe, maybe not? But it does have some extremely heavy implications for the Amarr loyalist bloc. Brace yourselves, winter is coming.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #118 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:00 »

One thing I was thinking of that may hinder involvement in such a conflict is there doesn't seem to be as much factionalism within the Amarr camp. There are plenty of Caldari characters with a wide range of opinions, that they have been vocal about and we've seen some pretty amazing player involvement in that storyline. Many Amarr don't seem as outspoken if they have anti-Sarum views. They certainly aren't seen as often as we've seen anti-Heth characters.

I wonder what would (will?) happen when Ardishapur calls up PIE, since he has before if I remember correctly, to fight for tradition and orthodoxy by burning Sarum down?

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #119 on: 28 Feb 2013, 16:07 »

PIE will always choose the Empire.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26