Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Placid Reborn is a corporation dedicated to the self-determination and prosperity of the Intaki home system and its immediate surroundings? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45722 times)

Publius Valerius

Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #75 on: 22 Feb 2013, 17:46 »

Empress corpse or no, everyone with half a brain knows that Jamyl died that day. The body would just be a physical reminder of the fact, and is more of a symbol than anything. Whether or not it is a powerful symbol or not is up to CCP as they control how the people and power-dealers of the Empire would react.

Honestly I'm just waiting for the day I can go Tetrimon and give the finger to the Theology Council.

You should consider contacting the RKN representative, as many Tetrimon supporters were sheltered in the Kingdom....

Ehm no. The Kingdom is de jure a vassel of the Emprie and subordinate to Jamyl I.* So a move form him to the kingdom wouldnt change that much. As for the kingdom, this new true changes alot. But very off topic.

Back to the arc topic. :P
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2013, 11:30 by Publius Valerius »

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #76 on: 23 Feb 2013, 05:31 »

Also, the corpse of the Empress could be used to create clones of the Empress.

Add in some infomorphs that want to cause havoc in the Empire, and you've driven it to its knees.

Six Empresses?

How can it be?

Another miracle?

This could be a plot by the Deceiver.

Nuke them all from the orbit just to be sure.

That is the reason that Godflesh doctrine is there.

So that there is not several copies of the rulers running about.

Because there is no way to tell which one of the clones is the 'real' one.

They may all be (or think that they are.)
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2013, 05:35 by lallara zhuul »

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Publius Valerius

« Reply #77 on: 23 Feb 2013, 11:06 »

Also, the corpse of the Empress could be used to create clones of the Empress.

Add in some infomorphs that want to cause havoc in the Empire, and you've driven it to its knees.

Six Empresses?

How can it be?

Another miracle?

This could be a plot by the Deceiver.

Nuke them all from the orbit just to be sure.

They may all be (or think that they are.)

As I can tell from the german RP community, Jamyl is one of the most hated NPCs in the game. Maybe just top by Heth sometimes. But I dont think we will see her dead soon. Even if I by reading thru TO, I always though: "Please die, please die."

So overall I dont think CCP will kill her any time soon/or ever. As ISD Caleb Kang, aka CCP Eterne has made a full page about her. So, he had put in a lot of work into it and I dont think, he will just do it for nothing or lets say: So, that it in the end HIS WORK doesnt matter. Moreover, how defensive he was as Milo and I had critique him about tiny things on this page. So, I dont think he as a agenda (*Publius looks at H. Caul*); even worse. I think, he actually liked Tony Gs books. Yes, here I said it. I think: HE LIKES TONY G WRITING.

So I dont think and our reasoning will change that. Example: I could bring hundreds of examples, that two contradictory paradigms cant be in a above and below arrangement (see imperial seal and royl seal). And that the article clearly says that the Kingdom is interdependent and as vassal you cant be that etc.... But I dont think he would listen or say he is wrong.

Back to the topic:
So overall I think: YES, we can make a huge list why Jamyl is a awful written character and that IC and OCC we have alot of reason to question her legitimacy; but I also think, it wouldnt change a thing.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #78 on: 23 Feb 2013, 13:52 »

*Publius looks at H. Caul*
*Waves merrily*

And that the article clearly says that the Kingdom is interdependent and as vassal you cant be that etc...
Assuming you mean independent, not interdependent - there is definitely such a thing as an independent vassal. Do you even into history?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Pontus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Bulgaria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Republic_%28Napoleonic%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Princely_States
etc

Now can you please keep your rants out of this thread? All of the arc threads are already derailed enough as they are with people whining about how terribly CCP are treating their faction.

« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2013, 13:54 by Horatius Caul »

Publius Valerius

« Reply #79 on: 23 Feb 2013, 15:01 »

*Publius looks at H. Caul*
*Waves merrily*

And that the article clearly says that the Kingdom is interdependent and as vassal you cant be that etc...
Assuming you mean independent, not interdependent - there is definitely such a thing as an independent vassal. Do you even into history?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Pontus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Bulgaria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Republic_%28Napoleonic%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Princely_States
etc

Now can you please keep your rants out of this thread? All of the arc threads are already derailed enough as they are with people whining about how terribly CCP are treating their faction.

Yes I meant independent. And those which I mean are client states/vassals/etc.... (they have one thing in common, that they lost sovereignty in one or another part, as the khanid kingdom etc... As independent/sovereignty state you have all sovereignty. Which means, we are back to my rant on my page). By the way, it still doesnt answer any of the questions, which I pointed out. By the way, not to derail any further; I hope one day, someone explains to Eterne and maybe you, what a scientific law is.

About: "Do you even into history?" Yes I am. But those (in your example) are they sovereignty states (see Brunos def here)? If the answer is yes, then they arent like the Khanid Kingdom. Now. Can I ask you something too. Do you and Eterne know what a scientific law is? As I still havent form Eterne any logical-deductiv explanation of this. And his "one liner mail answers" doesnt make any sense, as I have pointed out in the mails. But this very off topic. P.S. I also know, if someone else had ask, the answer would be another. He would look at the news and CCP Gingers pages and said most likely that this person had a point. I think; largely the problem comes form, that he thinks about me in the same way, as I think about him. :lol: And this another story and very off topic.

About "Now can you please keep your rants out of this thread?" As for the topic. As you have seen I have try to get it back my friend. So I dont mind your question. By the way what is for you, as Amarr, more important education or security?*

Edit: *or to be more precisely, security or "stuff which doesnt influence directly your security"
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2013, 16:31 by Publius Valerius »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #80 on: 23 Feb 2013, 16:39 »

I found the bit in the Emprean Age novel, where it says that when Jamyl's ship exploded, there was no corpse to be seen.

when it's right there in black and white in a book, I feel it has the potential to be quite bad for RP, for newer people.

Someone new, reading the book, will see that Jamyl's corpse wasn't there.
Talking to people ingame, their memories of actually being there will be different.

The seeds of doubt are planted. growing into the flower of disillusionment.

And yet, as older players lose interest in EVE, the knowledge of what was real fades, and the book's opinion of what was real remains.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.
\o/

Publius Valerius

« Reply #81 on: 23 Feb 2013, 18:07 »

I found the bit in the Emprean Age novel, where it says that when Jamyl's ship exploded, there was no corpse to be seen.

when it's right there in black and white in a book, I feel it has the potential to be quite bad for RP, for newer people.

Someone new, reading the book, will see that Jamyl's corpse wasn't there.
Talking to people ingame, their memories of actually being there will be different.

The seeds of doubt are planted. growing into the flower of disillusionment.

And yet, as older players lose interest in EVE, the knowledge of what was real fades, and the book's opinion of what was real remains.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.
Tony G should just never use her. She and Khanid II cant be empress/emperors without a sh**load of troubles.... as they have failed ones the trails....etc... But it is very off topic now.

Ardishaput forms educational committee, Jamyl strikes it down, begin revolt #2?

I always thought, a good way out would be a "game of thrones style" of battle for the power.
We would have five players, after Jamyl is boba fetted. And we, as capsuleers, could Pledge Your Allegiance to one of the Houses.
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2013, 18:16 by Publius Valerius »

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #82 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:27 »

Why is this opinion still out there IC? My character has never seen any evidence that this is possible, and technically it looks easy if it could be done.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #83 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:27 »

Just a thought.

Are the regions ruled by the various Imperial Heirs large enough to survive as independent kingdoms as per Khanid?

If so what would the Imperial RP community make of the empire breaking up & balkanising, eventually settling into two or three rival factions? Maybe with groups like the various capsuleer schools staying strictly neutral?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #84 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:56 »

Just a thought.
Are the regions ruled by the various Imperial Heirs large enough to survive as independent kingdoms as per Khanid?
If so what would the Imperial RP community make of the empire breaking up & balkanising, eventually settling into two or three rival factions? Maybe with groups like the various capsuleer schools staying strictly neutral?

Three of the Heirs have an entire region - Kador, Kor-Azor, Tash-Murkon. The Ardishapur and Sarum Family have Upper and Lower Domain. The Throne Worlds constellation could be regarded as the Imperial Province, ruled directly by the Emperor.

Would run smack into the Empyrean Age problem of internal conflict - "What? squabble amongst ourselves when the Enemy is there?".

Why is this opinion still out there IC? My character has never seen any evidence that this is possible, and technically it looks easy if it could be done.

There are ways to tell most clones are clones - it may have something to do with the biomass that is used to create them, or the methods of accelerated cell growth, or the weird non-bone materials that are used to make the skeleton.
There are also ways to construct clones that cannot be identified as clones, except maybe by autopsy.
\o/

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #85 on: 24 Feb 2013, 07:52 »

There is a chron where a businessman travels by jumping from clone to clone and he is informed that he was present at some occasion where he clearly was not.

He notices from the recording that the infomorph inside his clone has some mannerism that he does not and he himself realizes that it was not him or something like that.

Yet there is no way to prove that he was not there.

See?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #86 on: 24 Feb 2013, 08:03 »

There is a chron where a businessman travels by jumping from clone to clone and he is informed that he was present at some occasion where he clearly was not.

He notices from the recording that the infomorph inside his clone has some mannerism that he does not and he himself realizes that it was not him or something like that.

See?

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/One_Man_Too_Many_(Chronicle)

\o/

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #87 on: 24 Feb 2013, 08:46 »

See?

So? This is a chron that display info which characters likely have no access to, so it is inadmissable IC. Even then, its just one story, compared to thousands of people who want to have multiple clones but can't for reasons unknown.

All IC sources point to the fact that you cannot have multiple clones.

If you can have multiple clones, it would make more sense to clone on supersoldier (Boba Fett like) and use them, instead of cloning lots of grunts.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #88 on: 24 Feb 2013, 08:47 »

Wouldn't make any sense unless some faction might brokered peace agreements with enemy factions beforehand.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #89 on: 24 Feb 2013, 09:36 »

Just a thought.

I, personally, don't like it one bit. It could be made to have sense, with things like the peace Merdaneth mentioned, but it would require a lot of mass modifications in the end to what it is to be Amarr. Afterall, it's God's Empire, if you are true to Him,  you can't break it. Not to mention that I don't recall any previous internal war on this scale (conflicts among holders sure), not even during the Mad Emperor's reign, so it would be pretty against half of the things that have been stated about the Amarr... and I believe that now that TonyG is not writing the story, there is no need to stupidly destroy the factions anymore. xD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26