Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Author Topic: Amarrian Arms flight  (Read 1640 times)

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
Amarrian Arms flight
« on: 18 Feb 2013, 22:37 »

Just incase there is OOC stuff to say.
ref. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=207029&find=unread

OOC stuff getting said.
So this is House Murder at it's insidious self playing, sort of, by a rule book the leadership would rather use as kindle for the Matari holy places. (Who's to say this is not excactly that :twisted:)

Playing all these "rights cards" that the Minmatar have been playing for so long, in direct support of Amarrian Faith.
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2013, 12:08 by Chell Charon »
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Amarrian Arms flight
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2013, 01:50 »

Yeehaw!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:47 »

As weird as it might seem, Saede actually regards this as a Good Idea.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Chell Charon

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2013, 06:36 »

:idea:
Just waiting for Gallente support for freedom of religion and safety from harm.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2013, 06:59 »

:idea:
Just waiting for Gallente support for freedom of religion and safety from harm.

Where is Hans Nardieu when we need him ? :/

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2013, 11:48 »

My only question is; if they're allowed to have weapons anyway, why wouldn't those communities be armed already?

Still I think it's a fun thing. I did a similar thing for a plotline that involved sending militants (that I was claiming were militant Amarrians) and confiscated viral weapons to bolster similar communities in another region.

Chell Charon

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2013, 13:12 »

My only question is; if they're allowed to have weapons anyway, why wouldn't those communities be armed already?

Still I think it's a fun thing. I did a similar thing for a plotline that involved sending militants (that I was claiming were militant Amarrians) and confiscated viral weapons to bolster similar communities in another region.

It's a part of players view of the world. I can't quite picture the average Amarrian commoner nor slave having the training, let alone the need for hand-to-hand combat and firearms.

Where as I can quite well imagine that in tribal society being able to 'scrap' is a way to earn some little respect, no matter the other differences between the respective people.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2013, 13:19 »

I am not sure they would have a lot of weapons since a lot of them are still in refugee camps, or just out of them without a penny in the pocket.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2013, 13:40 »

Where as I can quite well imagine that in tribal society being able to 'scrap' is a way to earn some little respect, no matter the other differences between the respective people.

Having settled a dispute on corporate policy via RP fistfight, I'd be inclined to agree.

Rather clever doing something like this btw. I'm looking forward to seeing to seeing how this storyline plays out. There's been a lot of stuff going on regarding the Nefantar and Starkmanir in the Republic lately. It'd be interesting if a plot like this gets some Dev attention and we find out more about their living situation such as if they're starting to integrate. News items left off years ago with refugee camps and Abel Jarek, and sort of skipped ahead to them becoming part of the Tribal Council. Or maybe we'll finally get a Demographics of the Minmatar Republic wiki entry like the other factions.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2013, 14:50 »

Rather clever doing something like this btw. I'm looking forward to seeing to seeing how this storyline plays out. There's been a lot of stuff going on regarding the Nefantar and Starkmanir in the Republic lately. It'd be interesting if a plot like this gets some Dev attention and we find out more about their living situation such as if they're starting to integrate. News items left off years ago with refugee camps and Abel Jarek, and sort of skipped ahead to them becoming part of the Tribal Council. Or maybe we'll finally get a Demographics of the Minmatar Republic wiki entry like the other factions.

This would be very nice to have. It's kind of annoying how few resources the Republic seems to have in comparison to the other empires.

Here's hoping CCP will do some writing concerning the current "dirtside" situation. As someone playing a character who directly experienced that, I dislike that the only sources available are 3 years out-of-date.

Chell Charon

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 17 Apr 2013, 08:56 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=226349&find=unread

Updates! Blaming the Real Life for lost Eve focus. Damn thing isn't even fun but tends to get addictive :P