Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Building a Ship  (Read 3465 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: Building a Ship
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2012, 08:51 »

You, Sir, are a hero to the Minmatar people. 

Well done!
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2012, 15:02 »

You, Sir, are a hero to the Minmatar people. 

Well done!

Bows his head slightly

If she ever takes flight, let's hope she holds together... if not, I might need some of the tape Mithfindel had mentioned.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2012, 21:15 by Kentt »

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #17 on: 20 May 2012, 23:50 »

Well now... I found LDD files of official Lego sets on a forum I frequently visit.  Here is the Reaper against the UCS Millennium Falcon.  Take that Star Wars!  >.<

Also... one more wing to go.  The starboard wing is just the portside rotated 90 degrees.  I also worked on the engines more.

« Last Edit: 20 May 2012, 23:52 by Kentt »

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2012, 03:09 »

A new update with more work done to the underside.  I had flipped the ship to make my work easier.  So far it looks like it will only have room for 3 of my landing gears unless I add another under where the pilot's cabin is.  Now that I have been thinking about it (and as I was typing this), I might end up adding it there.  It looks like it would make things about even on both sides.

Underside of the engines.  I put some pieces between the hull of the ship and the engines so if they do droop down, they would rest on the pieces and not just fall off... that would be embarrassing. >.<

« Last Edit: 25 May 2012, 03:12 by Kentt »

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2012, 23:18 »

I think it is turning out great.  Just need to make an alternate cockpit design that can house a capsule.  And build a kitchen... that's kinda important.  But yep... other then those it is basically all done.  Might end up bringing the starboard side wing out more so it can fold more like the other side.  Right now it sits too vertical for my liking.  I have more pictures on my flickr account that I have linked in previous replies :D

« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2012, 00:09 by Kentt »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2012, 05:14 »

Awesome :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2012, 07:02 »

Awesome :)

Yeah pretty much this.

Your lego-noob ship is made of much winsauce.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2012, 12:59 »

Thank you very much!

Just to see how things go (and see if any Developers take notice of it), I went ahead and submitted it to Cuusoo how it is at now.  I finished building the kitchen and just have to make the capsule cockpit.  But with a normal cockpit, I think it is still awesome.  I won't even bother to make the guns to post on there, it just has the hardpoints to fit them atm.  Seems everyone has their ships ungunned to try to fit with what rules there are, lol.

It is currently in review, so no links yet!
Here it is on Cuusoo.  Enjoy, comment, tell your friends, let this be another step up with the Lego / EVE relationship.
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17950

Edit for addition of sexy interior pictures.

« Last Edit: 30 May 2012, 21:29 by Kentt »

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #23 on: 22 Aug 2012, 00:08 »

Wow... I appologise for bringing this back from the grave.  But anyways, I am back in EVE and have more news of the Reaper.  And, it is better to just add it here then to make a whole new thread which seems un-needed.

An idea between Guindel (the mind behind the drones, capsule, and two fighters) and I, of combining our sets together enough where the drones (the scout models) would be compatible with the single drone bay that the Reaper is able to have.  With some slight tweaks in the wings (which I still take no credit for the origional design) I have managed to attach the Warrior scout drone to the underside of the Reaper. 

There is only a 8x8 by 3 brick tall space that I am able to work with, without changing the internal structure of the Reaper... so the idea I came up with was... interesting.  And fairly Minmatar.  So, I give you an idea of how it could fit.  I also have the link to the LDD file on the Reaper's Cuusoo page, so you can see how big the drone bay is compared to the drone itself.  I might also try to fit the other race's drones in... as not everyone finds themselves using Warriors.

The only thing I changed on the Warrior is added foldable wings... and installed its engine thrusters farther back.  Other then that, if you don't look closely, it looks exactly like Guindel's.

Oh, and it has 150mm light autocannons.

« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2012, 17:29 by Kentt »
Pages: 1 [2]