Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Assembly responded directly to Julianus Soter's and other's request for information regarding Ishukone and Mordus Legion around Intaki Prime? For more, read here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Away from EVE for.... well lets just say a while: Whats going on these days?  (Read 3068 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

The Amarr have been taking a little bit of a beating in the faction warfare plex war, due to the Minmatar actually being organised for once O.O

I think it's a cycle thing. I know a year  or 18 months ago the Amarr were kicking the Minmatar miltia around pretty harshly on the plexing front, which is why half of EM joined the militia at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Amarr rise to ascendency at some point in the future.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Brother Hiede!

And exciting life of grand larceny and criminality await Mr. Hiede should he be willing to embrace it :)

Good to see you back.

NUUU don't listen to zee lies Math'ra, she's turned!

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

Brother Hiede!

And exciting life of grand larceny and criminality await Mr. Hiede should he be willing to embrace it :)

Good to see you back.

NUUU don't listen to zee lies Math'ra, she's turned!

What and you think Math was as clean as a whistle? He was one very disturbed man, in no small part thanks to YOU aldi! :P

I probably won't be able to afford actual game fees for a little while yet, I have a rather expensive trip planned in a couple of months I need to save for, but if I get windfall of a bit extra I might come just shoot you BOTH, FOR GREAT VENGEANCE

As for FW, It has always been the way of a shifting tide, one side gains the upper hand so the other rally's rinse and repeat.
Can anyone actually explain what the changes are going to be though? I haven't seen/heard anything about it yet

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

Can anyone actually explain what the changes are going to be though? I haven't seen/heard anything about it yet

From memory, They're going to change the LP so that you get many fewer for running missions, some for running plexes that affect sov, and more for shooting opposition militia.

They're proposing allowing FW sides to upgrade FW systems with features (I can't remember what) but which culminate in the possibility of Cyno-jamming an FW system. How do you upgrade a system? With LP.

They're also thinking about allowing corps to "tax" LP. The corp can then spend the LP on system upgrades in a coordinated way.

How do the opposition degrade these upgrades? By earning LP in that system! (and potentially shooting the upgrade thingies in space.

Another likely change is that you likely won't be able to dock in systems that belong to the opposition (although this is still under discussion, with some suggestion that you just won't be able to dock in 24IC stations if you're in the TLF and vice versa)

I didn't really hear much discussion of the other options, because the cyno-jam caused such wonderful tears from FW participants, people with supers who want to keep hot-dropping cruiser gangs with half a dozen titans and a couple of supercarriers, and from nullsec logistics pilots who want their jump-freighters to be able to keep using POS in FW systems as safe mid-points.

Another change that will probably affect things is that they're completely changing the rules on aggression in highsec and who can shoot who and when will Concord get involved. That still wasn't finalised last I heard. A major design goal is to avoid keeping track of who can shoot who on a per-pilot basis, but move that to a per corp basis, or just flag each pilot "can be shot at" and have that apply to all other pilots. So, someone gets an aggro flag, and everyone can shoot at them. But if you shoot at them, you might then become flagged yourself (or alternatively, if you're flagged and someone shoots at you, you can't shoot back). This was a major point of contention at Fan Fest, and CCP Master Plan was fairly insistent that no decision had been made about exactly how that was going to work at that point.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

Huh that actually looks kinda good.

I love the cyno'jamming thing, the one thing I hated was being F***ing hot-dropped while doing small gang stuff.
I HATE SUPERCARRIERS.
...mainly because I had to fly ALL THE WAY BACK TO GET MY CARRIER.
...And miss the fight.
...And then the super leaves.

So yeah, cyno-jamming please!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

What and you think Math was as clean as a whistle? He was one very disturbed man, in no small part thanks to YOU aldi! :P

I probably won't be able to afford actual game fees for a little while yet, I have a rather expensive trip planned in a couple of months I need to save for, but if I get windfall of a bit extra I might come just shoot you BOTH, FOR GREAT VENGEANCE

I blame Leopold.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

I blame Leopold.

Hah, well yes - I honestly even forgot that sad sorry like s*** even existed but now that you mention it, yarp.

* Mathra Hiede gives a shady dark glance at Aldrith.
Damn spies makin' me twitchy

I always thought that the dark conflicted internal affairs agent suited Math the best, he believed hardcore he was doing the right thing despite being a) in love with one of his targets and b) so damned confused by leo /o\

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!

Hi Math!  :cube:

Silas turned Sani Sabik, that's why Aldrith calls her "evil."  <.< 

*flees before being grrrred at for that*

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

Hi Math!  :cube:

Silas turned Sani Sabik, that's why Aldrith calls her "evil."  <.< 

*flees before being grrrred at for that*

Hey Rin :D *ninja fluffles* yeah i guessed about Silas, he mentioned it just before i left.

wish I was able to say hi in game.... and laugh at both aldi and Silas, stooped tz + brokeness

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Pshh... All Khanid II supporters are already halfway down the path to worshipping secular cult of personalities anyway :P   Silas will convince Mathra one way or the other to embrace his own self-interest ;)

Pages: 1 [2]