Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kyoko Sakoda interned with Omerta Syndicate? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Away from EVE for.... well lets just say a while: Whats going on these days?  (Read 3069 times)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

So.

After a very very boring lecture this morning I decided I would poke my bleary eyed nose onto Backstage and say hi to all you guys again and see whats going on these days.

I've been completely out of the loop since I left, as close to a clean cut as possible so I have no idea whats gone down in the last 12 months or so - any and all info, stories would be great and questions about where the hell I have been can also be fielded.

(Basically RL bit me in the arse and made me pay attention to it, but am now climbing over the hill and seem to have some more time on my hands again :D )

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Vast swathes of nothing, tbh.  :s

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

Hi Mathra!

There was about 6 months where just about everyone I knew was thinking of quitting Eve because CCP was fucking things up. (Or perhaps I was just noticing them all because I was thinking about quitting myself). A lot of people seem more keen now, but a lot of RP just seemed to grind to a halt when people were spending less time online to interact with each other, and I'm not sure that it has recovered from the slump. It does seem to be picking up though.

(Note that this is from my perspective, and I have a fairly limited viewpoint on a lot of what's going on in the RP scene and may be completely wrong about other parts of it.)
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

Vast swathes of nothing, tbh.  :s

so. no new alliances, pie finally becoming good again, gallente face raping the Caldari and 0.0 empires forming and collapsing? much disappoint.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Outside of 'comm channel' places like the Summit or Heiian, most RP activity that I can see seems to be in private with small groups away from a lot of the public venues, which have sort of dried up as a result of all the stuff that's happened over the last year or so.

There was a Minny-centric shindig going on this weekend, and Silas has a party coming up in a few weekends or so, but aside from that, all's pretty damn quiet.

EDIT:
so. no new alliances, pie finally becoming good again, gallente face raping the Caldari and 0.0 empires forming and collapsing? much disappoint.

A few new alliances - mostly due to FW allowing them now - and as I'm not in FW myself, so I can't really comment about PIE outside of the usual snark. :P Gallente are more on the offensive in FW last time I checked, though.

And as far as 0.0 stuff goes... nothing out of the RP-focused entities, anyway. :\
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2012, 20:15 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

It seems like the RP community could use some really good WARS. Over achievable ends, short of total submission by the other side.

Maybe the impending FW change will manage something of the sort; I dunno.

I, too, have been gone for a while and probably will be for a bit longer. Mostly, I want slightly better hardware before I get back into game. Meantime, Aria's on vacation trying to get her head on straight.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

It seems like the RP community could use some really good WARS. Over achievable ends, short of total submission by the other side.

Do you have any suggestions for what that might be?

Targets in space come to mind. POS or POCOs.  Actually, POCOs seem like POS lite - you don't need to fuel them, and the timers are much easier to manage. Aiming to put POCOs in a system against the wishes of some other RP corp could be an interesting struggle, though to be honest, it would probably escalate into large fleets. I'm not sure I'd consider that to be a long term sustainable project unless you were going to have a lot of people living there, and as soon as that happened, hello Pandemic Legion SuperCap Fleet!

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Well ...

Hm. That probably calls for another thread.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

I am tempted to add a split-ey thread to discuss war ideas.

Back on topic, as has been said the RP community has been sapped by the one-two punch over the last year of the financial (monoclegate/20% cuts) and storyline (loss of content department, loltemplarone), but things seem to be slowly gathering movement again since Crucible. At this point, the FW alliances seem to be as much competing as cooperating on all sides.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

Ok, so first.

G'day Ulph, MorFag, Aria and Esna :3 o/

And yes, that war thread should probably be made if what I am hearing is true - perhaps time to help the RP community along a bit by getting a few groups together to make something enjoyable and worth fighting over?

Back on topic again. I'm glad to hear that things are picking up, about the time I left things where plunging towards a dark pit of doom.
Player made public storylines go? With some of the best fan writers and such on this forum I'm pretty sure we could cook something up to give a bit of life to our ailing community, whether getting a group of writers together to make a short-story like thing and RP it out, publish on the forums and add a bit of RP war to get some attention.

Things just need positive happiness, which I am willing to provide in excessive amounts if threatened. ;D

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

The Amarr have been taking a little bit of a beating in the faction warfare plex war, due to the Minmatar actually being organised for once O.O

Us Minmatar are also looking forward to CCP's 'FW fix' coming in Inferno. Can't really speak for the Amarr.

Also, more wars would be awesome :p

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

Since RP corps like 1PG and KotMC have basically vanished, the Amarr have always had difficulties to plex to my eyes : when they were always on the offense in the past, its now more of the opposite way...

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Yeah, Amarrian Retribution is pretty much doing all the plexing now.

I have heard some are waiting for May....

I know I am.  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Yeah, Amarrian Retribution is pretty much doing all the plexing now.

I have heard some are waiting for May....

I know I am.  8)

Also Nezmor's Golden Griffins, but as thats once guy who multiboxes 4 accounts and put 2 ecm mods on his thrashers we won't count him xD

But yes, looking forward to May. Should be good!

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Brother Hiede!

And exciting life of grand larceny and criminality await Mr. Hiede should he be willing to embrace it :)

Good to see you back.
Pages: [1] 2