Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Author Topic: Re: How I hate IC flamewars.  (Read 804 times)

Boma Airaken

• Egger
Re: How I hate IC flamewars.
« on: 08 Mar 2011, 03:02 »

Oh, I see.

We bicker ICly because we're the exact same OOCly.

What a surprise. I haven't said that on the last ten threads like this one or anything.

Huh?

There's some resentment in AI about some of the foam and rage that's repeatedly come our way IC, as well as some amusing if particularly poor arguing. I don't really think we're in a position to criticise at the moment though, as we're guilty of similar things, as well as responding to a lot of it.

New IGS posting policy ftw  :D

Good call. You guys need it.

Back on topic.

Frankly I am with Ben 100% on this. New stuff needs to be embraced and not shot down. Sure I am going to set the record for third ban in record time, but as it stands currently, I don't care.

The remark about "8 years of dedication" so what. You are stale and old and you violently oppose anything new, weird, and offhand.
[mod]Insults, flaming, generalizations.[/mod]

RP needs to start evolving if it is going to continue to happen. The Slaver vs. Heathen and other loyalist shit is so played out and boring it has become embarrassing and is a huge turnoff to people I have met who express an interest in RP. Is it bad? In its current form, hell yes.
[mod]'ur doing it wrong', generalizations, flaming.[/mod]

Dig deeper. Amarrians? Pick a royal family already. Matari? Pick a tribe. Caldari? Pick a mega or go Ethnic/Achura.

The old school is just too broad and ripe for mudslinging. It is too comfortable and too easy.
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2011, 03:26 by Silver Night »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2011, 03:09 »

[mod]Please don't insult other players or make generalizations about them. Don't post flames or flame bait. Don't engage in 'ur RP is wrong.'Please review the FAQ and Rules. Feel free to repost constructively and within the guidelines.[/mod]

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2011, 03:17 »

Game on Silver.

"Please don't insult other players or make generalizations about them. Don't post flames or flame bait. Don't engage in 'ur RP is wrong.'

Please review the FAQ and Rules. Feel free to repost constructively and within the guidelines."

I have reviewed the FAQ and rules. And I posted within the guidelines. Sure I was not a touchy feely nice guy in that post, but I never in that post insulted or flamed anyone. Nor did I bait anyone. Nor did I make any generalizations about anything but my opinion on the state of EvE RP as a whole. Nor did I tell anyone they were doing it wrong. I wouldn't classify stale, or played out as "wrong". I classified it as a turnoff to new RP'ers and it is exactly that.

So pick it apart, move this to moderation discussion or whatever. But seriously, my post directly addresses some of the issues that the OP is bringing up. I understand that you have the right to moderate here however you see fit, but when it comes down to it, alot of my posts get moderated due to "which side is who on" issues.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #3 on: 08 Mar 2011, 03:24 »

[mod]Off-topic. In the interest of clarity, I will go back and mark where the issues were.Edit: Discussion of moderation belongs in moderation discussion.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2011, 03:27 by Silver Night »