General Discussion > The Speakeasy: OOG/Off-topic Discussion

Elite: Dangerous (Or: Why has this thread not been made yet!?)

<< < (3/50) > >>

Mitara Newelle:
Looks my name got approved: Gidion Powell

Karmilla Strife:
Looks like I know what I'm getting myself with this paycheck!

How are the mouse + keyboard controls? I've had trouble "flying" with games like Battlefield, Arma 2, or Ace Combat. I did fine with Freelancer.

PracticalTechnicality:
They are functional, but a cheap joystick will usually prove to be the superior choice for 'twitch' flying.  For general trucking it should suffice.  I run an ancient (2004) Saitek Cyborg that retails at about £14 on eBay these days.  Solid reversible stick and there really is no need for a sophisticated and expensive HOTAS set up unless you're a total immersion junkie. 

Mitara Newelle:
I tried using key+mouse and failed pretty badly and picked up a joystick.  I found it MUCH easier to fly that way.

Elmund Egivand:

--- Quote from: PracticalTechnicality on 14 Aug 2014, 05:49 ---The Lakon range of industrial vessels have a beaten up feel to them, but most of the combat craft are high performance military/ex-military craft (single seater fighters being most common). 

The 'Snake' named ships have a pretty lived in feel (paint chipped interiors and wear), while the Eagle and Zorgon Petersson Hauler are clean and off-the-production-line.

--- End quote ---

Are 'Snake' line of ships combat ships or freighters?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version