Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kyoko Sakoda interned with Omerta Syndicate? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Halete - 2drone, LOL 2DRONE [Rogue Drone RP Help Requested]  (Read 3627 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

Rogue Drone Systems was one of the most fun things I've seen from eve RPers. Unexploded Ordinance, the sentient torpedo, was my favorite!

LOL, yes, that guy's bio is awesome.

This...is awesome.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Um...there's a rogue drone mind in Deltole you can do a mission for :S you have to get its embryonic mind back from other alvus rogues.

the mission agent in question actually gives you ORE standings. And that agent is all there is, and there's nothing to the arc besides doing those two missions that one agent gives. I know about her though. I've gotten enough people to go fail her mission and collect embryos for me to know all about her.
Well... except those missions provided by the Thukker agent Wrtuk Formur.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

I'm just going to throw it out there that whilst the AI crowd like to weigh in heavily on the subject, I don't necessarily think it's the best way to go. Considering we're basically in some cases dealing with true sentience and that the field has advanced tens of thousands of years.

So, heh. I think the best assumption to make about how much you know about rogue drones despite all of your well-founded reasoning and logic, is that you know nothing.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger

Just thought i should mention something...

Yuni's IC references to 'hive alvus' and their damaged core AI is from her own IC perspective...

Even Yuni doesn't know how the internal workings of the other hives are intended to work, after she and the other Units were attached to their AI they were left alone.

She has drawn conclusions based on the AI she was implanted with, but that does not mean that her AI is the same as the original Alvus AI, or the same as any other drone AI for that matter.

The fact that she sees the 'degradation' of  their AI as a fault that should be repaired is very much her AI talking... her human side accepts that she and the rest of Unit are aberrations compared to the majority of drones.

in various rogue drone exploration sites and missions, you can meet 'sentient' drones... a lot of drones also drop 'elite drone AI'.... through her investigations into various drone sites and items, she has simply reasoned that the drones have deviated from their original purpose and become aggressive as a result...

considering that the majority of them were (apparently) originally construction drones... it is true that this has happened... though the reason is still... well..  :psyccp:

Anslol

I still think you can move this kind of thing forward with some well grounded science basics, lore knowledge, and some creativity. Like I said, Postnatal gives you a good something something to work with. What's to stop Halete from say...finding a small abandoned worker drone only to find its hardware integrated with nano-memetic wetware which, upon analysis, seems to have human DNA.

Ooh my...
Pages: 1 2 [3]