Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that wooden furniture is very expensive in space? (p. 89)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dark & Ebon Seraph - Sarumite Religious view info  (Read 4429 times)

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you

Greetings

I am wondering if anyone has any info from the Sarumite religious view that Dark Seraph used. I remember reading some of it off the website they had, but it has since been shut down.

I am trying to gather some info up, and use it to help hash out my character, since I started my characters live in Ebon Seraph.

Thank you for any help that is provided.

Kazuma
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Dark & Ebon Seraph - Sarumite Religious view info
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2011, 18:16 »

Shak'tol.

Man, that's some old stuff you're referring to. Unfortunately, most of the Ubiqua Seraph folks who could answer it aren't really around anymore.

I'll try to keep an eye out for you.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2011, 21:36 »

I remember reading something about them on Chatsubo I think. Im pretty sure it was just a recruitment advert but it might have some info in it. Ill see if I can find it and post a link if I do.

Edit: Didnt find much. What I remembered was a standard recruiting post and you were in it so you probably knew about it already.  :D

I did find this little bit when i did a search on the Chatsubo site for Ebon Seraph.

Quote from: Revan Neferis
A little bit of story from my side here:

Ebon Seraph is a slave corp of Dark Seraph. Verji , myself and Bastables by that time took the decision to revive it just to add the middle scale into our training systems, we had

Manu Forti - all begginers

Ebon Seraph - next stage accepting non Amarrian Players

Dark Seraph - Pure Amarrians and old players of our relations by invite only.

With the end of Manu Forti, we transfered all players to Ebon Seraph and after I moved to create the religions wing of VF, the Bloodveil , Dark Seraph changed policies accepting minmatar characters so I think it became much less restricted on its policies.

When Verji , Bastables and myself left AM to revive DRS, it was just us three (oh and Tet as well that was already there breaking a bit the amarr only policies) to make a full set of rp initiatives.

I do like the way DRS was and I look forward to see it with players of Verji's caliper adding on its ranks as Lady Sieesa * big kiss to my adored Stridder*

I looked around a bit more and found some stuff on EVE search, but it was the same recruitment post. I did notice that when I clicked  Casserina Leshrac's name to search her posts it came up with some stuff from IGS so you might be able to go through the backlogs there and see what you can maybe infer from some of those. Also you might want to try contacting Revan or maybe even Ashar to see if they have any info.

On a side note I do have to say what little I've found and remember reading from back when it was posted was pretty interesting stuff.

To possibly help answer your question about Sarumite religious views, from what I have read about them they seem to be very conservative and very quick to use force and/or military power. I would say ther is also a healthy dose of behind the scenes intrigue as well, but from the description of House Sarum from Evelopedia I got the ipmression they were very imperialistic in nature and they seemed more inclined to this than the other houses.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2011, 22:13 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2011, 22:17 »

I have looked on Chatsubo and found 2 Job postings. I have also looked through IGS for anything, but the most I have found containing any of the Religious views of Dark Seraph pertaining to Sarum family is links to their former websites that are closed down.  :bash:

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2011, 02:19 »

I have looked on Chatsubo and found 2 Job postings. I have also looked through IGS for anything, but the most I have found containing any of the Religious views of Dark Seraph pertaining to Sarum family is links to their former websites that are closed down.  :bash:

http://www.archive.org ?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2011, 05:12 »

I do know that the members of the Seraph corporations worked for some years to undo the damage done in the eyes of the Empire by their corps falling under the ownership of sani-sabik-ish cultists.

They and I would discuss this at length, the way that every Imperial-aligned organisation in the cluster shunned them even though the entire membership roster was gone from those days. Those pilots were doing a lot of work in-game in the name of the Empire, but were never recognized for any of it because of the stain on their name. I don't see any of those folks around anymore, so I guess it finally became a bit much to endure.

However, because of this, The Seraphs end up having one of the most interesting backstories of any corp in the game.

Think of it.

-Starting as Conservative Amarr in the time of PIE/AMAX/1PG dominance, the Seraphs were among the first corporations in game.

-Enduring the 'death' of Jamyl, and the rise of Doriam/PAX/Liberalism,

-Combining to form Ubiqua Seraph, becoming one of the most powerful RP corps in EVE, ISK and pilot-wise.

-Opposing CVA/PIE/AMAX and the less conservative Amarrian bloc that developed.

-Forming Aegis Militia as a counter to CVA, yet allowing non-Amarr pilots (which CVA did not)

-The GH-SC Heist, probably the most famous single thing in EVE's entire history, The Seraphs were the victims.

-The re-opening of Dark Seraph / Ebon Seraph, this time under sani-sabik control. The Seraphs divided and at war.

-The Tetrimon Affair (this could fill a book), ending with the death of Mirial Basrai, the beginning of the end of the Ubiqua.

-The wars between this new form of the Seraph corporations and the rest of the Amarrian bloc, the union of Aegis Militia and CVA to combat and scatter it (at least for a while).

-The eventual re-taking of the corporations by Amarr/Sarum loyalist pilots.

-The unending and ultimately doomed endeavor to clear the name of the corporation in the eyes of the rest of the loyalist community.

-Today

Talk about a name with some history! Holy shit!

If Graelyn had a library (he does) he'd have a daunting leather-bound tome (it is) detailing the glorious and infamous history (it was) of The Seraphs.

Personally, I hope the story of The Seraphs isn't over, but it will take a very devoted and ingenious pilot to make a new chapter of their history that can compare with what has already come before.

And so, since you are delving into one of the craziest histories the EVE's RP community has to offer, I wish you the best of luck. Contact me anytime that you have any questions that I can assist you with.

Nara'ti!
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2011, 05:44 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Amann Karris

« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2011, 06:33 »

Those were some interesting times.  I miss them.   :cry:

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:39 »

You might want to look up Reiisha, who used to (and is thinking about re-starting) run the Eve History project, collecting stories from the early days of the game.

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2011, 11:00 »

First off, thank you all for your help in this.

and Grealyn,

-The unending and ultimately doomed endeavor to clear the name of the corporation in the eyes of the rest of the loyalist community.

I entered Ebon Seraph during this phase of their history, and even today, it stands as 1 of the high points in this characters history.

I guess I am wanting to try to recaputure this as I try to re-develop my character, and also bring back some of this history.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2011, 02:30 »

Some of the really old Dark Seraphs started Peregrine Guidance Systems ages ago.

If you see Lyzra in game ask him directly, I will try to shake some old information out of him. He might have names to contact...

FYI: Sarumite was used as a derogatory term to refer to people that believed that Jamyl was the real Empress and survived the Sathol'syn back in the day.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 02:33 by lallara zhuul »

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2011, 04:45 »

Back in 2003 Dark Seraph were arguably the most conservative of the CVA corps.

However, there was a split with the other Amarrian corporations when DS merged with other corps to form Ubiqua Seraph, on the grounds that they were admitting non-Amarrians into their ranks (in those days the whole of the CVA was Amarr-only).

I've always argued that allowing foreigners in is a bit odd for a Sarumite corporation (Jamyl had an Amarr-only policy during the succession championship), but others would probably disagree with me.

Anyway, I recall that Mijstor Jedann was back playing Eve a year or two back but with a new character.  I can't remember the name though  :(

« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2011, 04:51 by Rodj Blake »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2011, 11:24 »

Well, a lot of the tension between the loyalists when UQS formed came from the fact that Mirial was a director (and eventual CEO), and most of the Admirals at PIE at the time hated her (his) guts OOC and IC.

PIE at the time, of course, wielded a great deal more influence among the Amarr than they do today (and even today it's nothing to shrug at).
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2011, 11:27 by Graelyn »

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #12 on: 02 Apr 2011, 11:54 »

I actually started playing Eve after reading of the Guiding Hand heist on UQS. Started as a Caldari (kinda now wish I started as amarrian, but if I did, then Kazuma might not have been made and got into Ebon when he did).

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 02 Apr 2011, 20:25 »

I haven't spoken to a Seraph of any sort in some time. Do you know if any are still around?
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2011, 09:58 by Graelyn »

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #14 on: 02 Apr 2011, 20:53 »

When I was looking through the forums in Seraph related posts I noticed that Verjigorm and Dark Vixen had updated avatars, but that doesn't translate into still around.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon
Pages: [1] 2