Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ships in EVE have crews?  Really.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Requesting Opinions: Jamyl / zombie clones / and what 'we' know IC  (Read 5702 times)

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger

You don't openly oppose Jamyl. You simply openly support those who (not so) secretly oppose her, like Yonis.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

You don't openly oppose Jamyl. You simply openly support those who (not so) secretly oppose her, like Yonis.

Ardishapur is no fan of Khanid, so that's definitely out for Silas and co.

I'll be picking up Templar One, maybe that moves the 'plot' along a bit in some of these directions...

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press

It's starting to happen.  Today, on the IGS, some guy posted about the Broker piloting that Nyx.  As if it were historical and well known fact.

Dear God, It Has Begun.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Shaalira

• Egger

It's starting to happen.  Today, on the IGS, some guy posted about the Broker piloting that Nyx.  As if it were historical and well known fact.

Dear God, It Has Begun.

To be fair, that seemed to be more Evelopedia than Templar One.

New players shouldn't be blamed if they go to the Eve wiki to soak in background lore.  The problem is the big gap between OOC infodumping and IC knowledge, a gap which isn't made very clear in much of the PF.  Many of the chronicles are very much as guilty of this as Templar One.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

This holds a simple, but tedious fix;

Every time someone makes a claim or posts with info that is clearly meant to be OOC info for players, and not something characters should or could know, we go to an effort to mail, convo or otherwise inform the offender of why this is offensive; why they are better off stopping that shit and correcting their knowledge of what is and what is not OOC and IC known.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

It certainly killed the conversation for me. :(

Not that I expect it to help anything, but I will mail the thread in question to Abaraxas as an example of how it is not really possible for new players to distinguish between OOC and IC knowledge when they mesh it all together on the evelopedia.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]