Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Wiyrkomi Honor Guard (RP Corp, Caldari)  (Read 17672 times)

Gesakaarin

Re: Wiyrkomi Honor Guard (RP Corp, Caldari)
« Reply #105 on: 20 Oct 2012, 00:13 »

Even the caldari government said it was a cowardly act of terrorism, and set the Dragonaur as KoS terrorists due to it..

Well there's probably a difference between what the Megacorps do in order to operate and profit in the Federation and the undisclosed desires of Caldari in the State. Just because the CEP may have thought it prudent to officially say Nouvelle Rouvenor was an act of terrorism perpetrated by the Dragonaur does not mean every citizen of the State necessarily agreed with it. Then there's other factors such as being able to deny any State involvement in the actions of groups such as the Dragonaurs or CDI in the Federation or the potential inability to control such groups to advance Megacorp/State agendas and the threat they posed to Megacorp power and legitimacy.

There doesn't currently have to be a change in the official stance the State has with the Dragonaur because Tibus Heth and the CPD probably have enough sway to ensure their survival.

Desiderya

« Reply #106 on: 20 Oct 2012, 16:00 »

ok.. necroing a much earlier point... :P

The recruitment video.
First off, damned good video. :)
The only negative point I could really make, is the inclusion of a single, albeit very short, clip of the events at nouvelle rouvenor. Even the caldari government said it was a cowardly act of terrorism, and set the Dragonaur as KoS terrorists due to it..
(i will admit, since TEA, things may have changed, but the official stance still seems to be that the dragonaur are enemies of the state)

aaaanyways... enough nasty necro behaviour. :P
-Rok

Point taken, but the clip was not shown in a way that glorifies that action, instead it was chosen to highlight the "Age of darkness", and this act of terrorism has certainly fueled the severe retalation by the contemporary federal government.

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #107 on: 23 Oct 2012, 01:59 »

Even the caldari government said it was a cowardly act of terrorism, and set the Dragonaur as KoS terrorists due to it..

Well there's probably a difference between what the Megacorps do in order to operate and profit in the Federation and the undisclosed desires of Caldari in the State. Just because the CEP may have thought it prudent to officially say Nouvelle Rouvenor was an act of terrorism perpetrated by the Dragonaur does not mean every citizen of the State necessarily agreed with it. Then there's other factors such as being able to deny any State involvement in the actions of groups such as the Dragonaurs or CDI in the Federation or the potential inability to control such groups to advance Megacorp/State agendas and the threat they posed to Megacorp power and legitimacy.

There doesn't currently have to be a change in the official stance the State has with the Dragonaur because Tibus Heth and the CPD probably have enough sway to ensure their survival.

... "Because they're the heroes the State deserves, but not the ones it needs right now. So we'll hunt them. Because they can take it. Because they're not our heroes. They're silent guardians. Watchful protectors. Dark Knights. " *single tear*

Ahem, sorry my inner Provist appears to be showing...

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #108 on: 27 Oct 2012, 11:12 »

The Wiyrkomi Mechanised Infantry [WIYRM] is available to join in the dust514 beta for Caldari patriots.  Your eve character main name will be required (though at this point I am not terribly fussed about 'hostile' capsuleers having characters in there - after all this is just a beta), as will voice comms should you wish to test out this fantastic game, and potentially carve a place for yourself in future CalMil activities planet-side.  I shall leave it at that for now, but hope that we will be seeing more role-play inclined capsuleers and DUST marines joining the ranks of State Patriots. 

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #109 on: 19 Nov 2012, 03:24 »

The Korasen and Okagaiken liberations in the Urpiken constellation represent serious developments in WHG, including diplomacy as an ad hoc coalition has greatly assisted with these conquests.  Our next deployment is 1.) undecided and 2.) OPSEC, but I am eager to push us further and harder with these initial successes. 

Commendations will be created and given to the members who have gone above and beyond in these hard-fought actions; could you be a future Honor Guard feted with recognition for your service? 

For those of you who have tried to contact us in the Kaashivon this last week, my apologies, we have been extremely busy on the front-line (also Solarienne is probably not the lass you want greeting you in a formal setting), but will be populating the channel in some personal downtime in the near future.  I noticed Che Biko rping in there in earnest, but unfortunately we had half a ship and a system going vulnerable to hold together, so sorry for the deserted state of the room!

Personally I am pleased with our developments, our new members are a credit to the corp, especially those EVE first-timers getting to grips with everything, and I can tell I will be enjoying the company this corporation provides for a very long time indeed.  Drop by WHG Public to schedule an IC interview - I may have to take up the dreaded mantle of interviewer due to the pressures on our 1 or 2 recruiters at this rate...

Addendum: Ken, get back online bro!
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2012, 03:26 by NISYN Aelisha »

Desiderya

« Reply #110 on: 25 Jan 2013, 12:00 »

Shameless bump.
I hope everyone is enjoying the ongoing story arc.  ;)

Gesakaarin

« Reply #111 on: 26 Jan 2013, 00:39 »

I'm certainly enjoying watching it all unfold with no small degree of popcorn involved.

Who knows how it will all end, eh?

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #112 on: 26 Jan 2013, 05:22 »

Good stuff yes :)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #113 on: 26 Jan 2013, 10:58 »

I'm certainly enjoying watching it all unfold with no small degree of popcorn involved.

Who knows how it will all end, eh?

Its doing a good job of demonstrating CPD hypocrisy.

Vikarion

« Reply #114 on: 26 Jan 2013, 13:20 »

It's the best advertisement for the FDU I've seen in a while.

Desiderya

« Reply #115 on: 26 Jan 2013, 15:55 »

It's the best advertisement for the FDU I've seen in a while.
No shit, you've unmasked our nefarious plot.  :cube:

Gesakaarin

« Reply #116 on: 27 Jan 2013, 13:03 »

Wait, I thought the plot was the dissolution of WHG while providing some interesting RP for people to follow and eat buttered popcorn as events unfold?

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #117 on: 27 Jan 2013, 13:21 »

the plot was the dissolution of WHG

Not sure how I feel about this.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #118 on: 27 Jan 2013, 14:38 »

Wait, I thought the plot was the dissolution of WHG while providing some interesting RP for people to follow and eat buttered popcorn as events unfold?

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #119 on: 27 Jan 2013, 14:46 »

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2013, 12:11 by Katrina Oniseki »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9