Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That one of the primary exports of the Amarrian Theology Council is booze? (Theology Council in-game info, Market Activity tab).

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Winter] Marauders Rebalance  (Read 25259 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Dev Post: [Winter] Marauders Rebalance
« Reply #60 on: 03 Sep 2013, 14:01 »

People are actually theory crafting them as mini-triage carriers. So, working in pairs, they both fit both self rep and remote rep. When one is in Bastion it can local tank itself and rep it's partner. They can then swap around for reloading asbs/aars.

Cap boosters for all \o/

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #61 on: 03 Sep 2013, 19:42 »

Don't be so quick to judge.

Holyshit Vargur tank. Like, dual xlasbs with blue pill will probably give you around 10-15k dps tank. The full crystals, links etc, may be able to get you as high as 20k.

You'll be able to hit the same numbers with a Paladin/Kronos with that level of min/max. Self-sustainability is the question though.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #62 on: 04 Sep 2013, 00:09 »

Tank's all well and good but, I was thinking of DPS. The Kronos outdamages the Vargur by a pretty significant amount.

More DPS means killing stuff faster which means completing missions faster and makes the theoretical tanking numbers less important. The best defense is a hell of a lot of offensive firepower, IMO.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Vikarion

« Reply #63 on: 04 Sep 2013, 01:07 »

If you are talking about missions, DPS applied over long range is king. In any missions save angel missions (yes, Serpentis have some annoying long-range variants), being able to reach out and touch someone - hard - is of utmost priority.

Thus, I'm more interested in the new Paladin than the Kronos, unless I missed something about its bonuses. Large rails still seem to be a sub-optimal weapons system, compared to, say, large mega-pulse II reaching out to 50/60 km. Nightmare is still almost certainly the king, though, since you can use lows for 4x heat sinks, unlike the Paladin, and still crush opposition with tachyons. Will have to EFT this before I buy. Kind of excited. :-)
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2013, 01:10 by Vikarion »

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #64 on: 04 Sep 2013, 01:28 »

I intend to get the one with the coolest transform mode. 8)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #65 on: 04 Sep 2013, 04:36 »

If you are talking about missions, DPS applied over long range is king. In any missions save angel missions (yes, Serpentis have some annoying long-range variants), being able to reach out and touch someone - hard - is of utmost priority.

Thus, I'm more interested in the new Paladin than the Kronos, unless I missed something about its bonuses. Large rails still seem to be a sub-optimal weapons system, compared to, say, large mega-pulse II reaching out to 50/60 km. Nightmare is still almost certainly the king, though, since you can use lows for 4x heat sinks, unlike the Paladin, and still crush opposition with tachyons. Will have to EFT this before I buy. Kind of excited. :-)

I usually use 3 or even 4 heat sinks on my paladin.

And the new kronos doesnt care for range,it already gets a bonus for that, added to the MJD bonus in the few cases where you are too far away...

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #66 on: 04 Sep 2013, 08:15 »

This is a good start for the winter expansion. But I seriously need new content to play with before I become excited in my pants. :|
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #67 on: 04 Sep 2013, 08:37 »

We aren't talking about the new Kronos hitting 50-60k with rails.

We're talking about the new Kronos hitting 50-60k with Blasters.

Vikarion

« Reply #68 on: 04 Sep 2013, 08:46 »

We aren't talking about the new Kronos hitting 50-60k with rails.

We're talking about the new Kronos hitting 50-60k with Blasters.

Maybe. That's why I'm interested in trying it. Yet, hitting things with null/LR ammo in blasters, in falloff, is actually worse than say, tachyons with IN MF. Which will reach out to 80 km.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #69 on: 04 Sep 2013, 08:55 »

Large rails aren't exactly terrible anymore either. They work great on the Talos and Naga, and I would expect that Bastion mode will fix up the places where they're still 'lacking'.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #70 on: 04 Sep 2013, 09:07 »

Large rails aren't exactly terrible anymore either. They work great on the Talos and Naga, and I would expect that Bastion mode will fix up the places where they're still 'lacking'.

Where are they lacking that it will help? I don't think range is an issue for them, it doesn't boost tracking, does it boost cap regen and I didn't notice?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #71 on: 04 Sep 2013, 09:09 »

Tracking at close range is the problem, but I believe they increased tracking on them a little bit a while back.

Even so, you just MJD out, activate bastion mode, instant hilarious range on rails with Antimatter against targets with low transversal.
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2013, 09:11 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #72 on: 04 Sep 2013, 09:36 »

Tracking at close range is the problem, but I believe they increased tracking on them a little bit a while back.

on kronos, the webbonus helps with tracking stuff at close range, wish it had a web range bonus and not a strenght one.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #73 on: 04 Sep 2013, 10:13 »

on kronos, the webbonus helps with tracking stuff at close range, wish it had a web range bonus and not a strenght one.

It's going to have neither :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #74 on: 04 Sep 2013, 10:19 »

Also since when can't you fit 4 Heatsinks on a Paladin?   :eek:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15