Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Author Topic: The Boneyard - A List of Old Projects  (Read 1198 times)

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
The Boneyard - A List of Old Projects
« on: 16 Apr 2010, 19:19 »

So I'll be going for a sticky on this one.

I've been looking at all the crap we've undertaken over the years and not brought to any sort of truly acceptable conclusion. I have decided to list them here, whether to inspire others to start that shit up again and make it shine, or to spark some original thinking in our crop of visitors.

But I have to go somewhere else now and buy a food ration, so I'll be back and do that laters.

In any case, if someone'd like to kick things off with a list of stuff involving anything from EVE-Fiction to ICNet to the player EVE wikis to Barriers to newspapers and journals...be my guest.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: The Boneyard - A List of Old Projects
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2010, 21:59 »

Preliminary list with a hidgepodge of shit to be edited later.

Community Tools & Utilities
---

* Roleplay Corporations Shortlist *

This was a highly useful tool. It took the form of a thread on the EVE-Online official boards, in the general recruitment forums because the Devs are hateful creatures, of all roleplay corporations that were then known to exist and vocal about being on the list.

The list tracked a number of different elements of these corporations; for example, factional alignment, active status, web addresses of forums and websites and the like, contacts, and chief officers. It was founded either by Aodha Khan or his immediate predecessor, and eventually came under the auspices of Evanda Char, who kept it up to date to an extent. Then she got busy. Eva's an overly stretchy girl, but too many pies are as ever her doom, so.

Behind the scenes, I was working on a new format for the list. One was getting rather polished and useful towards the start of one of my cyclical burnout phases, and was adapted for phpBB, SMF, and eve-o forum code. As such, this would be easy to bring back to life.

However it's extreme level of maintenance requirements suggest adding a technical solution. So.

* IC Net *

Later.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2010, 22:01 by Ashar Kor-Azor »