Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that hovercraft are common vehicles on stations? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Terrorist groups  (Read 4967 times)

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
Re: Terrorist groups
« Reply #30 on: 12 Sep 2010, 03:02 »

For me, the word terrorism means violence delibrately targeting innocent bystanders and civilians, usually committed with some ideological goal as an excuse.

I do not see the Black Eagles as terrorists. Govenrment thugs and black police, yes.
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2010, 03:31 by Isobel Mitar »

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Terrorist groups
« Reply #31 on: 12 Sep 2010, 13:21 »

For me, the word terrorism means violence delibrately targeting innocent bystanders and civilians, usually committed with some ideological goal as an excuse.

I do not see the Black Eagles as terrorists. Govenrment thugs and black police, yes.

Semantics. For you that is the definition, yes. However it is just as important to undertsand the definition that the person you are in communication with uses.

Put it this way. If a house is blown up in order to kill one person, and all the other people in it are killed or maimed then does it really matter if it was done by hand planting a bomb, or by drone launched missile, or by bombardment? Does it matter if the organistion behind it is a cell in an underground movement, or a government funded intelligence agency, or mainstream military?

From the point of view of the people on the recieving end, it's all terrorism.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 2 [3]