Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That each of the five empires technically has an equal say in all CONCORD matters? Read more in the Chronicle.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Templar Ceremony of Myyhera IV  (Read 2853 times)

Templar Ordo

• Capsule 23
  • Clonejack
  • Focus determines your reality
    • Moment 23
Templar Ceremony of Myyhera IV
« on: 04 Feb 2015, 20:01 »

This thread is about an upcoming event I am hosting in the name of PIE, partly focused on our ground forces division Praetoriani Classiarii Templares [PCLAS].

The events purpose is primarily to foster the relations between DUST mercs and EVE pilots and promote roleplaying in general, secondly to celebrate that PCLAS has turned 1 year old and award members within our own DUST branch for their consistency and loyalty to PIE throughout the two year span that DUST 514 has co-existed within this universe.

EVENT DETAILS:

System Location: Myyhera IV & the 24th IC station in system. (System & Biosphere analysis: http://i.imgur.com/8bAeecO.jpg)
Time & Date: Saturday at around 20:00 In-game time, on the 14th of March
Event Sort: Public Award Ceremony. Physical presence in space/orbit is required.
Event Announcements: Will be announced on both DUST and EVE IGS forums when date is set (and here)
Invitations: Will be open to public that can access Empire space at 0.5 Security Status. Enemies to the imperial throne or those red flagged by PIE may experience difficulties. Personal invitations for a certain back-channel can be made by regular PIE members to trusted associates, both pilots and dusters.

The Ceremony:
The event will be conducted in the Myyhera system at the sanctuary temple and HQ of the PCLAS templars.
Invited people and locals without pirate tags will be invited to warp to planet Myyhera IV, District X (Specific district TBA). There, a fleet of other pilots will be present in orbit above the PCLAS temple on that planet. When the ceremony starts (or as pilots warp and access the district), people will be invited to join a separate channel where actual ceremonial transcripts will be conducted and led by PCLAS members and PIE leadership.
Local chat is also encouraged as some PCLAS templars should have possibilities to access that chat as well (We have a bunch of PCLAS members that has contacted CCP and moved their DUSTer to the Myyhera system instead of the regular starting systems).
The ceremony itself is a surprise to those present.
Afterwards, people are encouraged to dock up in the nearby 24th Imperial Crusade station and join in on a more laid-back party where people may converse with DUSTers and/or eachother on various topics that will be supported.
Amarr/Caldari militia aligned pilots will lastly be invited to conduct live orbital bombardments with PCLAS units in the Amarr-Minmatar warzone.

What I would like as response in this thread is of course to see initial interest, but mainly to look for guidance as of when to announce such event on the forums beforehand, how public it can be (should I invite non-roleplayers as well? should I post it on the In-Game Events official forum?) and if anything sounds too way off the grid of reality?
Looking forward in driving this event to a reality.
I really hope this sounds as fun as I really think it will be.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2015, 08:36 by Templar Ordo »

Templar Ordo

• Capsule 23
  • Clonejack
    • Moment 23
Re: Templar Ceremony of Myyhera IV
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2015, 20:02 »

In the light of this, we also launched a video on YouTube for these guys in golden armor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7dQr_ID7As

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2015, 20:57 »

Count me in!

I love my little ground pounders! :cube:
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 04 Feb 2015, 20:58 »

Arkon will definitely attend, provided he'd be allowed ICly. :)

-A

Thal Vadam

• "The" Templar
  • Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 04 Feb 2015, 21:15 »

Can't have a Templar party without "The" Templar himself  :D
"I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I am a warrior, and it is the way of the warrior to fight superior odds."
Thal Vadam

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #5 on: 05 Feb 2015, 13:10 »

I'll be there if my schedule allows!  I posted it in the upcoming amarr rp events section of the Imperial OOC MOTD as well  :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 05 Feb 2015, 15:42 »

That's a great initiative. Public or semi public RP has been several times pointed out as a way to be more visible recently, and this should definitely help as well as providing fun and RP for everyone involved.

It is best to announce it early enough so that people can pass the word and relay the info (you don't imagine how many people each time say afterwards "There was an event ???"). Don't overdo it because planning it a month before, unless it's a yearly event of some magnitude, will be forgotten when the time comes. A few weeks (like 2 weeks) is a good choice usually imo.

I won't be here, but I wish you a lot of fun.

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2015, 19:19 »

I would enjoy attending this if able!

Templar Ordo

• Capsule 23
  • Clonejack
    • Moment 23
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2015, 08:47 »

UPDATED!

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 06 Mar 2015, 13:44 »

I figure I should say this..

But I do apologize if I offended anyone with my latest reply on igs

All I was doing was stating my opinion on the currert state of the pie ground forces From what II've seen lately in the form of a jokeI have been doing Minmatar FW matches on a alt   majortiy of this week and have yet to see any dusters belonging to pie on the opposing team

But I am sorry if I truly offended anyone...but..I just never see you guys anymore...ever
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2015, 13:46 by Foley Jones »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 06 Mar 2015, 15:12 »

Looks like you put a lot of time into planning and prep, along with a nice youtube video, congrats on the hard work!

Now.... tell me aboutss the artworkss.  The painting on first post.    :D

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 06 Mar 2015, 15:52 »

I figure I should say this..

But I do apologize if I offended anyone with my latest reply on igs

All I was doing was stating my opinion on the currert state of the pie ground forces From what II've seen lately in the form of a jokeI have been doing Minmatar FW matches on a alt   majortiy of this week and have yet to see any dusters belonging to pie on the opposing team

But I am sorry if I truly offended anyone...but..I just never see you guys anymore...ever

It was done ICly. So no need to apologize here. Also Foley isn't your alt so.. >.>
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2015, 16:00 by John Revenent »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 07 Mar 2015, 00:42 »

dat artwerks....

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #13 on: 09 Mar 2015, 21:15 »

Should be a good event all in all if we get this level of turn out and attention. Moreover it would be nice to attempt some inter game RP for a change....haven't met many Capsuleers IC outside of the Alliance.

It's nice to be at the centre of things for a change.

"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #14 on: 09 Mar 2015, 22:42 »

I just hope Anya gets a kill.  :twisted:
Pages: [1] 2