Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Author Topic: What Clint Mansell can do to ME3.  (Read 1241 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

What Clint Mansell can do to ME3.
« on: 19 Mar 2011, 21:27 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXkitXvpqCE&hd=1

And to you haters who think "oh no Jack Wall is gone, now it's just going to be orchestral", Mansell incorporates quite a lot of electronica influences in his work when needed. But imo this fits perfectly.

Orestes

• Clonejack
Re: What Clint Mansell can do to ME3.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2011, 21:58 »

Man the Kronos Quartet strings are so fucking distinctive.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2011, 08:39 »

Honestly, Jack Wall music is quite bad anyway (Hans Zimmer ftl). Nice to listen to, but definitly cheesy when applied to a movie/video game.

Mansell rocks, but I am not sure if this really fits well to the ME universe, though I love it.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2011, 09:24 »

I feel that since it's the last game of the trilogy, it will be this grand epic that has a final battle of the ages. Mansell can create that effect of grandeur and a final dash of hope. If you think about it:

ME1 had a heavy 80s electronica feel, as it's introducing the player to space and the various races.
ME2 moved into more orchestral sounding pieces while retaining the electronica feel that defines the series.
ME3 should be much more orchestral, but with the signature electronica hybrid that ME must not do away with. Since it's Earth that's at stake, humanity's greatest musical achievement is most likely classical music.