Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Author Topic: The Reapers are coming.  (Read 1721 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

The Reapers are coming.
« on: 18 Mar 2011, 08:44 »

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294287/news/official-mass-effect-2-arrival-dlc-release-date/

So it's the last DLC for Mass Effect 2. Also, Admiral Hackett comes back.  :P

Crucifire

Re: The Reapers are coming.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2011, 13:40 »

Oh cool, I didn't think they were doing any more of these. Hmm. I'll have to reinstall Mass Effect 2.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2011, 16:16 »

Lately i've been more and more tempted to buy ME1 and ME2 from steam.....it's like everyone i know has played that game and tells wonders about it.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2011, 06:45 »

Its quite wonderful, even if it is getting really cheasy past half of the 2nd opus...

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2011, 23:43 »

I think the part I like the most is how the choices in ME1 carry over into ME2. Without throwing down too many spoilers I made the evil choice in the ending battle in ME1, and that created a much grimmer overtone in ME2. News articles about disharmony in the Council, Avina warning about race riots... I don't think I would've seen them if I did the paragon choice in ME1.

This DLC promises to be epic however, because this is meant to be the bridge between ME2 and ME3. The Reapers are on the march, and we finally get to see Admiral Hackett instead of his being the voice on the comm circuit ... oh and I am definitely bringing the flamethrower along to cook some Batarians  :twisted:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2011, 07:28 »

Well actually, you still have these pieces of informations, for example on the disharmony in the council. They just make you think that your actions change something, but it is more or less cosmetic. It changes some of the dialogues, some of the info and surrounding things, but not a lot. At least, nothing at a fundamental point. It is more like the illusion of being able to change the story more than actually changing it. You have several branches in terms of interactive narration, but they rejoin further and are often melt together after.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2011, 10:56 »

For those who were Cerberus Daily News fans, they have been doing new entries this past week.

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2011, 14:56 »

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar 2011, 15:54 »

Great trailer. Can't wait to play the DLC tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2011, 16:05 by Cmdr Baxter »

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #9 on: 29 Mar 2011, 16:42 »

Just played through it with a completed game. Knowing it was the last DLC before ME3 somehow made it a little better. Two thumbs up for a great plot.

[spoiler]And two thumbs up for seeing a 30-foot-high Harbinger hovering over the comm tower. :eek:[/spoiler]