EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Corporation and Alliance Development

Risen Angels needs help

<< < (2/4) > >>

Myrhial Arkenath:
What the people above me have said, basically. Also, that is why I stressed the importance of a niche. You can't just do everything all at once. You start with one thing, do that really well, then branch out. Doing several things at once is a recipe for disaster if you do it all half-assed. Just like multitasking is nothing but an illusion, the human mind is made to single task. What's that got to do with running a corp? Well, if you offer people a lot of things but they are all a bit weak then they chances are big they will give up, with a few exceptions maybe picking up one thing and fleshing it out for you.

Saede Riordan:

--- Quote from: Casiella on 28 Jun 2010, 19:27 ---I mean this with all respect and friendliness, and I'm just trying to give you a chance to give your spiel:

Why should folks support your particular corp over others? Particularly over other Angel-aligned PVP-ish corps, though in reality you're competing with all RP/PVP corps to a degree.

--- End quote ---

That's not really got anything to do with it Cassie. Basically, I've got a bunch of old cartel pilots, most of whom are in VETO right now, who have told me they are waiting to see my corp succeed before they join. This is specifically aimed at those people.

--- Quote from: Ember Vykos on 28 Jun 2010, 22:26 ---2. I think youre selling newbs a bit short. When I was new I did corp hop a bit, but most of that was due to issues with not getting to know the people in the corp before I joined and then realizing I really didnt like them as a person. Once I found a group that I liked and got along with I was very loyal to the corp, and it was a really difficult decision to leave them when I decided to start RPing in EVE and join an RP corp.

--- End quote ---

I did the same thing, but having played the corp game before, I think my friend's assessment on things is right you need a decently sized group of competent pilots in order to even start instilling in people that sense of loyalty. I can't cover all the bases, I can't teach them everything they need to know. It just won't happen.  

--- Quote from: Ember Vykos on 28 Jun 2010, 22:26 ---3. I have trained both carebears and newbs to be competent PVPers. It is something that can be done. Its hard to do at times(especially in a chat window), but one thing I discovered in doing this is that taking the time to teach them in a personal or class type way does instil a bit of loyalty in them as well. In some of the corps Ive been in I helped train and took time to do personal instruction/extra help when needed and some of my "students" are still really great friends, and most are still in the same corp we were in when I taught them. It takes large doses of patience on your part, but it does have its benefits as well. If they have an interest in PVP and you take the time to show them the ropes most of them will stay with you for at least a while. If they were initially drawn to you by recruitment ads or conversation and like what you/your corp stand for and are interested in standing for the same things then you will get some retention out of the deal.

--- End quote ---

The problem with doing it this way is that it runs into the second thing I mentioned in the first post. If you take someone and hold their hand and walk them through everything. It builds loyalty, yes, but it doesn't make them competent and as soon as you take the training wheels off, the stop doing anything.
Personally trying to take care of every individual will be taxing to you to the point of insanity, and in the end, all it will do is make them needy, make them so that depend on you for everything, and as soon as you turn your back and let them do their own thing, the corp falls apart. This has happened to my friends corps, I've seen it happen.

--- Quote from: Ember Vykos on 28 Jun 2010, 22:26 ---My advice: Set some short term goals for your corp, get a clear idea of where you and your corp are gonna go, and place an advert here or on the EVE forums or both.

--- End quote ---

That's sort of what I'm doing. I'm not looking at huge goals here, I've shelved the alliance idea except for continuing to be OCD about what I'll end up calling it. This is just to get the corp off the ground.
And I believe my friend. I honestly don't think I can train noobs into good pvpers without some other, half decent pilots to help me.
I have some friends who are trying, but they aren't RPers, and they aren't babysitters. They have things they want to do, and their own corp to run, and they don't have time to help me get my corp running.  

Myh: I know, I want to be a pvp corp. That's my current goal. Get a pvp corp, of decent players. That's all I'm currently setting out to do.

Dex: I'm not going to respond to that because I don't need to, I absolutely agree with you. I need to establish myself within the community more. Which is something I'm doing, but its not instant, and building the corp is something I'm doing concurrently, and both depend on each other.

Casiella:

--- Quote from: Nikita Alterana on 29 Jun 2010, 05:47 ---
--- Quote from: Casiella on 28 Jun 2010, 19:27 ---I mean this with all respect and friendliness, and I'm just trying to give you a chance to give your spiel:

Why should folks support your particular corp over others? Particularly over other Angel-aligned PVP-ish corps, though in reality you're competing with all RP/PVP corps to a degree.

--- End quote ---

That's not really got anything to do with it Cassie. Basically, I've got a bunch of old cartel pilots, most of whom are in VETO right now, who have told me they are waiting to see my corp succeed before they join. This is specifically aimed at those people.

--- End quote ---

I think you've misunderstood. If you don't want to tell the rest of us what makes Risen Angels special -- if you don't have an elevator pitch -- then training PVPers will be the least of your problems.

Good luck with your corp, though. :)

IzzyChan:
I'd love to have some fresh blood noobs in my corp, it's so hard to come by new recruits these days.

Oldbie PvPers and bitter vets are extremely hard to keep interested in a corp unless you wait on them hand and foot, sad to say.  They'll up and leave as soon as someone dangles a bigger carrot.

But really, if you're having problems with that hire kiddies fresh from EVE University.  Propose that everyone only flies with PvP fitted interceptors and friggies.  Once you know how to pvp in a friggy, the rest kinda falls together.

Being a leader isn't important, your first follower is important.  Treat all your minions with respect and others will follow.  Theoretically anyways. :/

But if you are an AngelSlut rper, should hook up with us SanshaScums for some fun, eh?

Saede Riordan:

--- Quote from: IzzyChan on 29 Jun 2010, 07:53 ---
But if you are an AngelSlut rper, should hook up with us SanshaScums for some fun, eh?

--- End quote ---

Izzy, if I could come up with a remotely legitimate RP reason to fly with you guys and not shoot you, I would :P

Cassie, I have no elevator pitch, I can't have anything that makes me special because nothing does make me special. I can go on and on about what WILL make me special and what WILL make me awesome, but that's only if people actually join, and if they will only join if there is already something special...well, bit of a catch 22 there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version