Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

Author Topic: Helloes. :)  (Read 1040 times)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Helloes. :)
« on: 22 Jun 2011, 02:30 »

So this is my hello post!

I played EVE briefly in 2009 and just re-started this winter/spring 2011.  I am a writer and a role-player, and have only recently started doing both for EVE.  I was rather in-depth in other games I have played in but as others have pointed out the ability to reach the RP community in a 'non-RP' way to say hello wasn't directly obvious in the massive amounts of links provided (and the old OOC forums were inactive as far as I could see when I checked them) and it also took a few calm months of reading Chronicles and the IGS posts to get the feel for the world as well as enough background to begin to generate a background that wasn't utterly vauge.

Still looking for a 'Khanid Zealots for Dummies' section though... ;)

It will be great to be able to chat with all of you!
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2011, 02:54 by Arista Shahni »

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: Helloes. :)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2011, 03:01 »

Welcome onboard.  :)
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2011, 07:04 »

Hey, welcome!

If you're looking for some roleplay tips and literature, a good place to start would be the EVE Chronicles. Namely:

Dam-Torsad
Amarr Succession
The Khanid Kingdom
The Ammatars
Ametat and Avetat
Of God and Her Beast
Signs of Faith

These have immediate relevance to the Amarr and the Khanid and should give you some good background information on their history. Beyond that, there are plenty of good RPers in this community that would love to help with tips, advice, ideas and history tidbits should you ask them.

You are also welcome to contact me via these boards or in game EVE mail if you'd like. I've done a lot of work into the hierarchy of the Empire, a liberal interpretation of The Scriptures (as well as the orthodox interpretation so they could be clearly compared/contrasted) and some research into the Khanid.

Another helpful link would be:

The Scriptures

Good luck out there and welcome back!

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2011, 07:51 »

Oooh, thankya for the links!  I am about to pass out but it will be wake-up reading this evening.  I did read through a few of the Chronicles already, will read the rest there that you reccommended, and yay for the Scriptures link :)  Due to the lack of access to them I had mentally drifted more the 'mystic' ideal.. ;)

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2011, 09:27 »

Oh yeah, about the Scriptures.

The link I've given you is basically the "core compilation" of them. The Scriptures, according to lore, are ever-expanding and so no single person is an expert on their entirety. What I've linked to you is just the "basic fundamentals" that are considered the most commonly accessible parts of them.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2011, 09:40 »

Woooo, more Amarrians! \o/
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2011, 10:56 »

Hello there!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2011, 00:09 »

Did someone say Khanid?

8)