Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa Corporation, or SuVee as it is commonly known, is the head of the self-proclaimed 'practical' faction within the Caldari State? Read more here.

Author Topic: On my way back...  (Read 1296 times)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
On my way back...
« on: 07 Dec 2014, 19:09 »

Damn you, CCP Seagull.*

Things are getting a bit better for Kokonut. I won't spill details, but basically, I have enough paid work on my plate to consider resubbing to Eve. That is, not using PLEX to cover the costs of trolling you all from time to time (HAHA, PENIS). More importantly, I have the itch again now that CCP's project management has taken a major U-turn for the better.

I would absolutely not want to devote much time to the game. I'm looking to restart my career and this is hard work. Leading a new corporation and FCing except on weekends is totally out.

In addition, my character is basically done. She married and is retired. But I'm a bit of a stat-whore, so it would also be kind of depressing to put 175-ish million skillpoints behind me. I love me some capital ships.

Reinstating Kyoko would mean some minor retcons to clean up her backstory. Nothing too serious. I don't plan on interacting in-character a lot but I always like some flavor in my RPGs.

Alternatively, how is the NPE these days? With Learning skills gone is the Time To Fun much better? Keep in mind that while I like frigates I am always more comfortable flying the big or specialized stuff. I do also like the option of flying whatever I want whenever.

GIEF OPINIONTIDE ( つ ◕_◕ )つ

*Just kidding, Andie is one of the coolest people I've ever met.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: On my way back...
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2014, 19:36 »

Confirming ♥ @ Seagull.

The last time I dicked around with the NPE it was way, way better than the crap you and I had to slog through when we started. Aside from the first tutorials that you get from Aura (aka, here's how to move, here's how to undock, here's how to use your skill queue, OMG YOU ARE SUCH AN ADORABLE NEWBIE, etc.), you can actually run the rest of the NPE missions on any character via the Career Agents if you're curious to see what they're like. You can get a list of nearby ones through the Help menu.

Also, since Gorion will get mad at me if I don't point out Stimulus as a possibility if you're looking for a home for Koko, you can put it on your list if you like. Pretty quiet/casual these days, but there's usually fleets for people several days a week if you want; talk to Snake or Sakura for details on those.

If you were going to train a new character (whether on Koko's account through dualtraining, another account, or not training Koko) to do small ship stuff, there are definitely lots of options.
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2014, 19:38 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2014, 22:09 »

I can process your application to Pyre whenever.

But seriously whatever you get into, welcome back :)
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #3 on: 07 Dec 2014, 22:22 »

Kokobear :D

But seriously, join PYRE. Come zerg rush kestrels into superior numbers!
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2014, 22:44 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 07 Dec 2014, 23:22 »

My first non-rookie ship in EVE was a Kestrel. Unfortunately my first memory of flying one was my CEO chasing it with torpedoes when they could instapop frigates.

Seriously the best PVP training I ever received.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #5 on: 07 Dec 2014, 23:45 »

My first non-rookie ship in EVE was a Kestrel. Unfortunately my first memory of flying one was my CEO chasing it with torpedoes when they could instapop frigates.

Seriously the best PVP training I ever received.

Need I say more?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 08 Dec 2014, 00:05 »

some methods of opening a new account, give you a thing called a "Cerebral Accelerator", which gives you a temporary boost to attributes, over and above that from implants, for the first X days of that account.

Not sure how you get those though. There's 3 kinds, one of them lasts 35 days and gives +3 to attributes, one of them lasts 14 days and gives +9, and there's one that only lasts 7 days but gives +17 to all attributes.

No idea how those are obtained, though you see the Cerebral Accelerators on contracts from time to time. Cost a few hundred mill for the +3 one.
\o/