Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Hak'len (AKA Kresh liquor) is toxic to non-Caldari?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My concept and ideas for Jennifer Bizen  (Read 5265 times)

Bastian Valoron

• Egger
Re: My concept and ideas for Jennifer Bizen
« Reply #30 on: 24 Aug 2012, 00:33 »

A few questions emerged from the shadows. Please don't answer them here, they are just intended as food for thought.

-As far as I've understood, the Minmatar tribes are nepotistic and have mutual rivalry. What is Jennifer's tribe and how is her gang related to it?

-A gang might have some amount of internal hierarchy. What was Jennifer's position in the gang? How much leverage they still have over her, if any?

-What was the gang doing? Muggings, homicides, drugs, heists, human trafficking, gangster music?

-When people climb up in ranks, they may have to do things they'd rather not do, and as a part of the loyalty training, they sometimes get humiliated in various ways. In the military, sitting quiet, walking in patterns, cleaning and other household chores are used in this fashion. To adjust, people tend to develop all kinds of excuses or principles, act tough or begin to hate some topics seemingly irrationally. I think it's a good idea to explore this area, just saying that whatever happened to Jennifer does not necessarily need to be anything extremely reproachable.

-Jennifer has probably seen a lot of poverty in her life, now she walks in the chambers of the elite. Does she care? Is there a tension between these two periods of her life? Does she have fixations from the old days?

-Judging by what is currently in her background, Jennifer has not been that much in contact with foreigners. Where does her information come from? School, TV, gang or capsuleer academy? What kind of biases she has?

-Republic has federalists, who prefer unity among the Matari people and strong central governance, and de-centralists, who see the tribes as the basic power structure of the society. In which camp Jennifer belongs to? Is she a freedom fighter?

Jennifer Bizen

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 25 Aug 2012, 19:28 »

Thank you Bastian, much appreciated :)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 30 Aug 2012, 12:55 »

Best advice I could give you is to try not to create your entire character at once.  Get a basic outline of her, but dont fill in every single detail and nugget of her timeline before you have to. 

Thats not to say to create background on the spot to jump on other RPers, but give yourself some time to figure out what you enjoy playing and what direction your character seems to be going.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Jennifer Bizen

• Clonejack
« Reply #33 on: 31 Aug 2012, 10:32 »

Right. I´ve taken some time to dwell on my original concept and decided to make some changes to it. Its still a work in progress though :3

Collected data
Name/Alias: Jennifer Bizen.
Ethnicity: Minmatar, Sebiestor – Exact
D.O.B: 06.12.90 – Exact D.O.B uknown
P.O.B: Egbinger V – Exact P.O.B unknown
Parents: Unknown – Foster parents: Willem and Tasha Bizen
Home planet: Raised on Egbinger V, Molden Heath region.
Height: 1'66m.
Weight: 61kg.
Hair: Blonde, although frequently dyed in different colors.
Eyes: Blue.
Affiliation: Minmatar Republic.
Distinguishing Features:
A small, oddly shaped birthmark, just under an inch in diameter at the back of her neck. Numerous tribal tattoos of Sebiestor  origin, located at random- Arms, torso, legs and head- Her Voluval mark alone across her back. Piercings located in her tongue, lip, right brow, total of six in her ears, one in the left nipple and one in her navel. Three scars from gunshots at the right side of her lower stomach. Random scarring on her body that suggest a violent background.
-
Timeline

Y90  -(late Y90) Found aboard "vessel" brought to Egbinger where she was left at an orphanage.
Y91  - Took her first unsupported steps.
Y92  - Adopted
Y93  -
Y94  -
Y95  - Began general education
Y96  -
Y97  -
Y98  -
Y99  -
Y100 - 
Y101 -
Y102 -
Y103 - First gunshot wound
Y104 – Finshed general education
Y105 – Worked for her father on his bar.
Y106 - Joined the rebellion Second and third gunshot wound and hospitalized
Y107 –  Began her career as a combat pilot.
Y108 -
Y109 - Sponsored by an unknown benefactor for capsuleer training.
Y110 -
Y111 -
Y112 -
Y113 -
Y114 – Graduated from the Repblic Military as a capsuleer. Present
-
Raised on Egbinger V, a rotten hole at the edge of the Molden Heath region bordering the Great Wildlands, by her parents; Willem and Karin Bizen, poor Sebiestor commoners. A place often frequented by travelers of various backgrounds.

In Y95, Jennifer was already speaking fluently and began general education a year ahead of schedule and proved herself above the average when she graduated a year ahead of those of her age, perhaps due to the accident of catching a bullet in the back which also punctured her right lung in Y103, where she finished one and a half a semester out of boredom during her recovery.

Up until Y106, Jennifer hadn´t had much contact in the outside world aside from what she had learned at school, watching holoreels or from occasional visitors while working at her father´s bar,  when a small Amarr fleet began to invade the populated planets of Egbinger, seeing as the system was rather remote and not heavily defended. Before the Amarr could initiate the drugging process on Egbinger V however, the free Minmatar had formed resistance and with the aid of a few outsiders, they successfully fended off the invasion, at a cost as the attack left many wounded, dead or otherwise unaccounted for. Jennifer´s participation got her hospitalized with two gunshot wounds to the stomach and a concussion. Shortly after her recovery at the hospital, Jennifer undertook the Voluval ritual, having earned her recognition within the tribe with her efforts in the resistance.

The invasion, opened her eyes in different perspective to the vastness of space and the other nations that inhabit it, fueling her motivation to defend her people and remained with the resistance, which became the homeguard of Egbinger, and lead to the beginning of her career as a pilot which escalated significantly in Y109 when she was offered into a capsuleer program by an unknown sponsor.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 31 Aug 2012, 13:04 »

One small note (not saying it should be changed, just something you should be aware of):

It became illegal to take slaves from outside the Empire at some point during Hederian VII's reign, probably when the Empire signed on to the Yulai treaty in 23236 AD/YC 0. Of course, there are still criminal Amarr who do it, but anyone actually caught raiding the Republic could expect significant punishment from the Empire even if they manage to escape the wrath of the Matari.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 31 Aug 2012, 14:04 »

One small note (not saying it should be changed, just something you should be aware of):

It became illegal to take slaves from outside the Empire at some point during Hederian VII's reign, probably when the Empire signed on to the Yulai treaty in 23236 AD/YC 0. Of course, there are still criminal Amarr who do it, but anyone actually caught raiding the Republic could expect significant punishment from the Empire even if they manage to escape the wrath of the Matari.

Its also worth noting it doesnt stop Esna from enslaving wimmez for the harem....
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Jennifer Bizen

• Clonejack
« Reply #36 on: 31 Aug 2012, 17:29 »

Its also worth noting it doesnt stop Esna from enslaving wimmez for the harem....
Yeah, he tried that  :twisted:
*brings out the latex copsuit and avitors*

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:29 »

Esna!

And... latex copsuit??

Jennifer Bizen

• Clonejack
« Reply #38 on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:43 »

And... latex copsuit??
You´re right.. Concord suit would be more appropriate.

If its illegal but criminial Amarr still do it, its good enough for me to include it into the concept \o/
Pages: 1 2 [3]