Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PIE Inc. (also known more formally as Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris) is the oldest pod-pilot corporation loyal to the Amarr Empire? Read more here

Author Topic: [Character] Hoshisuuvi  (Read 1755 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
[Character] Hoshisuuvi
« on: 28 May 2012, 21:00 »

Available with a little bit of digging for anyone with Caldari State or Wiyrkomi Corporation standings +2.50 or higher, this is really just a dossier to start with, but I'm working on some fiction ideas.  Flying with Wiyrkomi Honor Guard as of tonight, and I have to say they seem to be a pretty swell bunch of people.

Malcolm Khross

Re: [Character] Hoshisuuvi
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 21:03 »

Hey there! Thanks for the compliment and I hope we live up to that first impression. It was awesome getting to chat with you both IC and OOC and I hope you really enjoy your time with us. :)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2012, 23:56 »

More Caldari Arpee? I heartily endorse suche ventures, as I do anything involving Malcolm :D High levels of win coming your way.

Also, nice bio-thing, how did you make it, out of interest? Be forewarned I am a technological retard.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2012, 04:12 »

More Caldari Arpee? I heartily endorse suche ventures, as I do anything involving Malcolm :D High levels of win coming your way.

Good to hear :D

Also, nice bio-thing, how did you make it, out of interest? Be forewarned I am a technological retard.

Thanks, Nmaro.  I just used Open Office and Paint Shop Pro.  Icons and portrait and such are straight out of the EVE client and I drew the rest.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2012, 06:54 »

Zomg its a Ken.

Nice to see your in space again >_> This Wiyrkomi bunch seems to be getting somewhere.

And as always, char sheet is epic :P

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2012, 07:36 »

The new wardec and ally systems seems like a potential windfall for a fresh Caldari Paramilitary group out to make it's bones.

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2012, 20:54 »

Holy crap that dossier is sexy. We need to make this the standard somehow   :idea:

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2012, 21:30 »

Nice.

One question: how do you figure "94% mitochondrial descent from Caldari Prime"? My understanding of mitochondrial DNA is that it's passed from mother to child without recombination, so you'd either have one of the known Caldari mtDNA lines or you wouldn't. I wouldn't expect mutation to give 6% change (and a living human organism) in the timescales of EVE. Am I missing something? Is there a way to look at mitochondrial descent that isn't about mtDNA? You're aiming at a rough idea of the proportion of one's foremothers who came from a known genetic pool, right? I'm struggling to think of a plausible way to do that, although a yes/no for matrilineal descent is easy.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2012, 05:38 »

You're aiming at a rough idea of the proportion of one's foremothers who came from a known genetic pool, right? I'm struggling to think of a plausible way to do that, although a yes/no for matrilineal descent is easy.

You know, I wrote that line more than a year ago and I hadn't really thought about it.  The intent was to indicate only a small percentage of her ancestry was from Gallente, Achura, or other large gene pools outside of Caldari Prime.  Think I said 'mitochondrial' simply because I remembered it being associated with tracking ancestry.  I guess the idea is that mtDNA will eventually track back to a single female, so yea you'd either be descended from one of the Caldari mitochondrial Eves or you wouldn't.  Hmm...  :ugh:

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2012, 04:20 »

I guess the idea is that mtDNA will eventually track back to a single female, so yea you'd either be descended from one of the Caldari mitochondrial Eves or you wouldn't.  Hmm...  :ugh:

Yeah, that, which can be interesting in its own right. I play that Mata's clan is a post-rebellion construction made up of people descended from an "Eve" with a particular mtDNA mutation.

No big deal, just something that caught my eye. :)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2012, 04:42 »

Good catch,  thanks. :)