Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That 'Ancestors choke!' is a Caldari expression of disbelief or astonishment?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nuked  (Read 1769 times)

Sapphire

• "Glitch"
  • Clonejack
  • This .... is a problem
Nuked
« on: 05 Dec 2011, 01:39 »

Better than Bikini Atoll. 
« Last Edit: 19 May 2013, 01:34 by Sapphire »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Alizabeth Vea [proposal for reset]
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2011, 02:53 »

As far as I am concerned, OOC takes precedence over IC. If you want to play Aliza, play Aliza. Play her IC how you want to play her. With the amount of crappy plot devices used by the likes of CCP and TonyG, your idea really isn't bad at all.

It comes down to the fact that you want to RP, but you made some mistakes with a high SP character the last time you tried it. We as your peers and other players really have no right to say no to that. While you can expect people to reply IC as they normally would - seeing Aliza's infamous face again... we shouldn't ever tell you not to try.

TL;DR

Bring Aliza back if you want her back. At least one person is willing to accept her with open arms.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #2 on: 05 Dec 2011, 02:59 »

I wouldn't worry too much about community consensus on whether or not you should bring your character back from the dead. Granted, some people might whine about it, but RP in EVE is what you make of it.

If you are worried about what people might think, you can always start on a blank slate and run Aliza as a new character entirely.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 05 Dec 2011, 03:33 »

Looks good you should bring her back =)

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2011, 06:14 »

Like with all EVE RP, people do as they please when they please. If you want to reboot the toon, then reboot the toon. Use a little creativity and it should be all gravy.

However, do not expect others to understand or accept it as face value that she is a different person than the psycho bitch we came to know. People will rip on her for her past actions for a very long time, maybe never relent - no matter how much they may have changed or continue to change. I've noticed that the EVE RP scene IC and OOC very much operates along the lines of 'when you do right no one notices, and when you fuck up no one forgets'. So changing your character fundamentally by reboot or otherwise is not a particularly easy road to take.

This is not discourage you on what you want to do, just as not so gentle reminder don't be surprised if people have hard time of adjusting or even go out their way to oppose you. A lot of people tend to get sand in their respective genitals when you do something that does not fit their view and interpretation of the setting, or if you do something that is in the shades of grey or outside the box.

In any case good luck on the reboot of the character. May the RP Scene Police be kind to you.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #5 on: 05 Dec 2011, 06:33 »

Follow the Fun Doctrine.

Norrin was dead for 9 months (literally in the biomass bin).  Most folks are pretty forgiving if you decide you want to play your character again.  After all, it's your money that pays for the account.

Desiderya

« Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2011, 08:21 »

Try it out. You'll get references to "back then", but that might just strengthen 'New' Vea's character.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 05 Dec 2011, 12:48 »

What people here have already said: It's your character, so do what you want.

As long as you're prepared for amount of time and effort it will take for Aliza to change the perceptions of those around her about who she is. It won't be easy, but it also won't be impossible for the majority of people she'll interact with, if she can show she's a different person.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #8 on: 05 Dec 2011, 13:27 »

People will always complain about your RP one way or another.

My advice is do what you want, they're usually wrong anyway.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2011, 14:20 »

Pretty much what Vince said. I've reset characters quite a bit in my time, but expecting people to forget isn't reasonable. Part of the challenge is finding out how to transition in a believable fashion.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #10 on: 05 Dec 2011, 14:54 »

CAIN is recruiting.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #11 on: 05 Dec 2011, 18:08 »

So is I-RED.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #12 on: 05 Dec 2011, 18:51 »

The two posts above are the best possible answers. Some characters will look forward to handling unfinished business but that is IC. OOC go for it.
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #13 on: 05 Dec 2011, 19:25 »

Wrong thread...
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2011, 19:36 by Hamish Grayson »

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #14 on: 08 Dec 2011, 05:15 »

I approve. Go for it!
Pages: [1] 2