Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: SISI NAO!  (Read 18701 times)

Robert Kauliford

• Clonejack
    • Symon's Blog
Re: SISI NAO!
« Reply #90 on: 15 Nov 2011, 09:43 »

Apparently the next expansion is 'Crucible'

Somewhat appropriate

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #91 on: 18 Nov 2011, 14:43 »

Data on other people hitting or missing is not anywhere in the packet; your client has no idea if your fleetmate is hitting or missing.

Adding this would require an additional chunk of data going back and forth to the server. In a big fleet battle, that chunk of data could end up being bigger than anything else the server is sending you. Lag would baloon in a big way...

I would agree with Graelyn here and also point out that there are many other reasons CCP keeps a lot of data not relevant to your ship or entities interacting with your ship out of the datastream it sends you, most of which are to do with security.

Fun fact: positional data on every ship in the system is available to everyone in the system, unless one of those ships is cloaked. It is literally impossible for someone to crack the data the server sends their client and discover the location of a cloaked ship because that data is not sent.

Faraelle Brightman

• Clonejack
« Reply #92 on: 28 Nov 2011, 13:54 »

[quote ="Crucible Features list"]
Ship Spinning Counter

For those who have ever asked "How many times have I twirled this Raven today?" Well, now you'll know.

[/quote]

*snrk*

Also, it looks like Destroyers are finally getting tweaked. Anyone checked them out yet?
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2011, 13:57 by Faraelle Brightman »

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #93 on: 28 Nov 2011, 14:13 »

Also, it looks like Destroyers are finally getting tweaked. Anyone checked them out yet?

600 DPS Catalyst is a go.  :D

Lyn Farel

« Reply #94 on: 28 Nov 2011, 17:46 »

Wat ?

Anyway, I still do not understand why they boosted up destroyers. They did not really need it considering how fearsome they already were in FW.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #95 on: 28 Nov 2011, 17:50 »

Wat ?

Anyway, I still do not understand why they boosted up destroyers. They did not really need it considering how fearsome they already were in FW.

Really. It has the EHP of a paper bag, but god forbid if it locks first.
As for the general destroyer buff, the only Dessie I'd really consider a threat before as a frigate pilot would be the Thrasher. Cat, Cormorant and Coercer simply don't have the damage projection, output, speed or tank for a near-guaranteed kill against a frigate sized hull like the Thrasher does. Now they do.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #96 on: 28 Nov 2011, 18:04 »

Wat ?

Welp, they're worthless everywhere else.

They needed a boost because a proper ship should have 2 or more uses.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Faraelle Brightman

• Clonejack
« Reply #97 on: 28 Nov 2011, 18:10 »

Yeah - they're great for FW plexing but you're in trouble if you get jumped by any players. IIRC, you can't really put a MWD on them because the increased sig radius exaggerates their glass cannon nature, and with an AB it's hard to catch things with them. And I always had trouble fitting decent guns on them.  The destroyer re-balance has also been on the CSM wanted list for a couple years, probably in some part because of FW.
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2011, 18:32 by Faraelle Brightman »

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #98 on: 28 Nov 2011, 18:17 »

I didn't realize tomorrow was expansion day until a few minutes ago....shows how much I've been paying attention to eve.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #99 on: 28 Nov 2011, 19:00 »

Yeah - they're great for FW plexing but you're in trouble if you get jumped by any players. IIRC, you can't really put a MWD on them because the increased sig radius exaggerates their glass cannon nature, and with an AB it's hard to catch things with them. And I always had trouble fitting decent guns on them.  The destroyer re-balance has also been on the CSM wanted list for a couple years, probably in some part because of FW.

Not only that, but destroyers were the only real option other than faction frigs in minor complexes, any T1 frig would be entierly out-classed. That sucked, because I love T1 frigs in FW, but the days when a new player in a T1 frig was a highly usable asset is long gone. Hopefully with the destroyer buff they get a tad easier to fit, fly and have a bit more of a hope VS the hugely overpowered pirate frigates, and maybe then those will not be entierly so prominent. I want to be able to say to new players that dessies are usable in FW without having to add 'you likely need 2 vs any pirate frig though' and maybe now I can, time will tell.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, and will be testing this out, besides enjoying the rest of what the expansion has to offer.

Crucifire

« Reply #100 on: 29 Nov 2011, 10:20 »

"Crucible: Re-Igniting the Fire..."
Aww, it was nice of CCP to name their update after me :)

(I disappeared off the scene a while but am sort of back now)
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2011, 10:27 by Crucifire »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #101 on: 29 Nov 2011, 10:46 »

Wat ?

Really. It has the EHP of a paper bag, but god forbid if it locks first.
As for the general destroyer buff, the only Dessie I'd really consider a threat before as a frigate pilot would be the Thrasher. Cat, Cormorant and Coercer simply don't have the damage projection, output, speed or tank for a near-guaranteed kill against a frigate sized hull like the Thrasher does. Now they do.

It has as much as eHP than any dps focused AF. A proper thrasher can be a threat to even a blarpy. They have enough damage projection already.

I think that people just consider them useless the same way they consider T1 frigates (non faction) useless now. Because faction frigates just tend to do the job better overall (except in specific situations like minor plexes in FW where destroyers are already kings).

Wat ?

Welp, they're worthless everywhere else.

They needed a boost because a proper ship should have 2 or more uses.

Wrong reasoning to my eyes. Thats exactly how CCP has always thought when it came to gamedesign balancing, and thats pretty poor as a reasoning imo. Something is not up to date anymore / obsolete ? Boost it ! But something else will then get outdated ! Wtf ? Boost it too !

And so on and so on.

-> useless escalation.

Faraelle Brightman

• Clonejack
« Reply #102 on: 29 Nov 2011, 12:13 »

It has as much as eHP than any dps focused AF.

An AF can mount a proper tank, and travels much faster under afterburners, making a blaster fit Enyo a rather nice proposition.  You can't tank a destroyer, it simply doesn't have the mids or lows.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #103 on: 29 Nov 2011, 12:40 »

enyo now fits 4 neutrons, nos, t2 ab, j5b scram, dmg ctrl, repper, mag stab 2, anp. Fuck yeah

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #104 on: 29 Nov 2011, 13:22 »

It has as much as eHP than any dps focused AF.

An AF can mount a proper tank, and travels much faster under afterburners, making a blaster fit Enyo a rather nice proposition.  You can't tank a destroyer, it simply doesn't have the mids or lows.

You can't maybe tank a destroyer, but with an active tank on an AF, the tanky AF excepted, you will end up with less eHP. But I agree, an AF is still better for a lot of reasons.

My point was not about that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8