Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Help a man with no EVE access (Duality clothes)  (Read 3416 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: Help a man with no EVE access (Duality clothes)
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2011, 03:44 »

For some reason my sense of aesthetic screams when it sees this 'fashion'.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2011, 10:42 »

I'm enjoying the hell out of the new Duality build. Especially the bigscreen TV, showing wanted player, where they were last seen (!), new pilots who have started out nearby, starter agent locations (Guristas agent blurb: "Concerned private citizens in Venal require help from open-minded capsuleers...), and Sov updates.

How cool is that?

Also, so glad to see that ships now spin in their hangar. It's very slow, but oh so nice.

I take it you've tried clicking on all the different things that appear on that bigscreen TV, yes ?
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2011, 10:59 »

I find most of the new payable clothes pretty ugly*. Though I am not complaining, that way I will not be tempted to buy them. :p

*except maybe the business suit.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2011, 11:35 »

I quite like what they've made for this, honestly; the military-style shirts are pretty nice in particular (the ones with the four colours; one for each faction, I assume). That it all seems to have a fairly military vibe is unfortunate, given that Kyber's likely to not bother with that kind of thing, but hey, lets me keep my ISK going towards shinies with somewhat more application. :P

I'm curious to see if they continue to expand the collection available in the lead-up to Incarna's first iteration, though, and then to see how they expand it over time from there.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #19 on: 31 May 2011, 11:42 »

Is one of those military style shirts supposed to be for Minmatar? None of them look 'right' to me for matari.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2011, 11:47 »

I'd be hesitant to say they're the clothing of whatever military, but some continuity with the factions can be seen in the colours. I mean, for each faction's military to use the exact same clothing with a slight variation to colour doesn't strike me as likely. Capsuleer-marketed imitation that doesn't really synch with 'reality'?

lallara zhuul

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 31 May 2011, 12:15 »

This does not bode good for the WoD game though.

Microtransactions and whatsits.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #22 on: 31 May 2011, 14:14 »

As per the description Lou provided, those shirts are specifically designed to be generic

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #23 on: 31 May 2011, 19:50 »

If these are generic clothes I am unhealthily interested in what Factional variants will look like.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

lallara zhuul

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 05 Jun 2011, 15:44 »

Image from the eastern front in 1941.

Image from another part in the eastern front.

I'm not sure if the links will keep working.

I realized what made me uncomfortable about the capsuleer clothes.

They're pretty much the same as those that people were wearing during the second world war in Finland (could be in other countries as well.)

I would gather that the freedom that the capsuleers enjoy would be applicable to the clothing that they are wearing.
Hence making any kind of clothing an option, not just something that has been dug out of the archives and recoloured a little bit to suit the needs of different factions.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 05 Jun 2011, 16:13 »

I was not aware that the Lottas had "bare the midriff" type uniforms. So yes, the military shirts currently in are heavily effected by what we do have now. I'd love to see more factional colour - there's some, but not much. For example, in the old character creator, the Amarr had these outfits with a collar and all kinds of wires showing. Similarly other races had all kinds of devices in their clothes. What we have now are... clothes.

Similarly, while the current military design is alright for practicality, I find it unlikely that there would not be, say, jumpsuit/sweater-based military uniforms. Though then again, giving fashion designers free hands might tend to lead into haute couture outfits which don't really look practical. (For example, the high-collared coat is kind of skirting it.)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #26 on: 06 Jun 2011, 04:52 »

I imagine CCP would day "All in good time", though yes, a sweater-based uniform would be cool, as so many militaries these days seem to utilize woolen pullovers.

CCP are going more for a post-contemporary look than futuristic; just take a look at the Gallente clothes.

Crucifire

« Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2011, 22:37 »

Got around to checking these out, turns out Cruci's legs are too fat for this skirt.

Here's a few other screenshots that are less broken looking.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2011, 04:27 by Crucifire »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #28 on: 07 Jun 2011, 04:00 »

<Looks at cybereyes>

YEEESSS. >:O
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #29 on: 07 Jun 2011, 07:52 »

I took a look at this today and the clothes are definately a great addition to the original sets, but it'll take a lot more content before it stops looking like everyone's shopping at the same store.

I didn't see the Ishukone variant of the black shirt, so am I right in thinking there's restrictions on what you can buy from the store depending on race? Would be great to see extra NCP specific items though. With the loss of standings information being hidden stuff like that might be a nice way to illustrate affiliations.

I couldn't work out how to tuck my shirt in either... how do you do that?
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride
Pages: 1 [2] 3