Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that hovercraft are common vehicles on stations? (p. 88)

Author Topic: Require hosting site for 'planetary codex'  (Read 1268 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Require hosting site for 'planetary codex'
« on: 23 Feb 2011, 19:47 »

Hai guys,

In my continuing efforts to spice up the Fed, I've taken it upon myself to take a screenie of every single temperate world in Gallente Federation space with city lights, to compile some sort of IC database called the "Federation Planetary Codex (Major Temperate)". It's for something for newbies or others to look up a temperate world, then look in the database to see if it has city lights or not, and what type of city lights (megacity, sparse, azure, gold etc) and get a feel for what sort of world it is. Of course, it's called "Major Temperate" because it ignores more 'colonial' settlements and the vast amount of colonies underground, underwater and so on (that the Gallente are fond of).

However, creating a PDF of such isn't viable...unlike my GalFed guide. Instead, was wondering if I could host it online? That way there can be multiple pages for each region, constellation etc. with all the images in a small-res thumbnail, and clickable to highres. There are 126 planets in total, weighing at 480MB.

Alternatively, perhaps Evelopedia might be an option?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Re: Require hosting site for 'planetary codex'
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2011, 20:03 »

I can oblige, but if you want a domain that isn't insertsubdomainhere.arcadianewsnetwork.net, you'll have to fork out the registration fee for a domain name. I can probably give you a hand with making it as well, but my expertise doesn't really lie in that area, so I don't know how helpful I'd be.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2011, 22:41 »

I would recommend evelopedia.  It the more it is used and updated the more others (including CCP) will point to it as a source for information.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2011, 09:45 »

I would recommend evelopedia.  It the more it is used and updated the more others (including CCP) will point to it as a source for information.

Agreed. I can't think of a particularly good reason to put this elsewhere. You can reach out to the wiki team to see about templating, perhaps, or even join it.