Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that station interiors have a day/night cycle mimicking planets? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Peripherals - formerly "Headsets (Now with Mice!)"  (Read 3468 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Headsets (Now with Mice!)
« Reply #15 on: 08 Aug 2012, 12:20 »

Well I went from an ordinary 'it came with the computer' mouse, so all those extra buttons ... I felt like I was cheating, being able to do things like recall drones with a mouse button!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 08 Aug 2012, 18:34 »

TS push to talk as one of the three thumb buttons on my mouse is something I will never be able to go without again.  Ditto being able to modify the mouse tracking speed with one click, which is helpful depending on what I'm doing in a particular game.  For instance, moving around in an FPS, I want fast tracking, but if I go into sniper mode I want it to be a bit less responsive so if I twitch a tiny bit the cursor doesn't move halfway across the screen. 

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 08 Aug 2012, 19:50 »

Logitech G400 here - it's certainly not a hardcore gaming mouse, but I've found it excellent for low-intensity gaming/general use.

Plus, it's only 50-60 USD (depending on the store) and has outlasted a couple other mice I've had despite fairly brutal treatment.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 10 Aug 2012, 09:42 »

Headset: Steelseries 7H - best headset I've ever owned. USB or sound jack connection. Can be disassembled completely for packing.

Mouse: Saitek Cyborg RAT7 - takes a while getting used to, but it's awesome. The tweaks are nice of course, but the feature I use the most is the on-the-fly DPI switching. You have four DPI levels you can switch between plus a "snipe" button that drops your DPI when it's held, and you can set the levels for all of this in the customization software.

ArtOfLight

« Reply #19 on: 10 Aug 2012, 13:01 »

Ok, so does anyone have a "gaming" mouse they just love?

I use the SteelSeries Sensei and it has been absolutely amazing. It's very easy to customize to your settings (even has a place to put weights in the mouse if you don't like the weight). You can change literally everything except the skin of the mouse, easily.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2012, 14:10 »

Logitech G930 if you feel like spending money on great stuff, hate cables and want to stay in voice contact when running around the flat.

Steel Series Siberia V2 if you feel like spending not as much money, don't mind cables and still want some cans that will make sweet, sweet coitus with your ears.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2012, 02:55 »

Ok, so does anyone have a "gaming" mouse they just love?

I use the SteelSeries Sensei and it has been absolutely amazing. It's very easy to customize to your settings (even has a place to put weights in the mouse if you don't like the weight). You can change literally everything except the skin of the mouse, easily.

<3 my RAT7

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2012, 12:43 »

Been looking at a RAT mouse lately. How far can the length be adjusted though? I've tried to look it up, but can't find it anywhere.

I'm also in the market for a new headset after my cheap monaural one broke. Can't find one I like that isn't way over my budget, or plain not suitable for the way I set up my comms (comms on a laptop separate from the desktop running eve. I like to hear comms as well as eve sounds like HP warnings XD)
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 09 Sep 2012, 18:14 »

So, I got the Logitech G35 Headset and have the a G110 Keyboard and G500 arriving via Amazon Tuesday/Wednesday.

My wife was also kind enough to let me upgrade my monitors after one of the two mismatched pair dyed after we moved.  I got two 20" Samsungs (more expensive, but Made in Mexico).  I will take a picture of my "cockpit" once I have it all.

Thanks for all the input!  It definitely helped in making the headphone selection.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 14 Sep 2012, 21:28 »

Picture as promised.  Sorry I didn't up the res...

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #25 on: 14 Sep 2012, 22:54 »

Nice!  The only way I can do multiple monitors is with the first placed right in front of the keyboard.  Any offset and over a few hours my neck and/or eyes strain from being constantly turned slightly toward the screen.  At home I'm currently only running with one monitor (sacrificed the second screen to building a gaming rig for the wife), but I'm not doing a lot of dual-boxing or anything that would demand more screen space.  Usually have a laptop on the side though.  Old Alienware M11x is a nice sidekick.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 26 Sep 2012, 07:31 »

Expanding the topic slightly because I don't think it deserves its own thread -

Anyone have a nice (and preferably very durable) joystick they would recommend? I'm really enjoying planetside but I cannot fly the mosquito with the mouse to save my life, and the liberator and galaxy only work if I take it nice and slow. Dogfighting is impossible.

So, looking for something wtih a few buttons, nothing absurd, but durable enough that it won't break (like a few i've had) when I panic and yank the stick hard to one side or the other.
Pages: 1 [2]