Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanid Kingdom was founded by the Khanid family royal heir after he refused to commit ritual suicide?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Chronicle: Enemies Closer  (Read 2325 times)

Shaalira

• Egger
Re: New Chronicle: Enemies Closer
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2012, 01:46 »

In this wide, wide universe with untold billions of people on thousands of worlds, names will get used more than once.  You will have multiple Mentas Blaques throughout the Federation.

A corpse tagged with a name doesn't prove much of anything, not without further evidence.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2012, 02:55 »

Some nub who named his char 'Mentas Blaque' to prove how lax CCP are about blocking PF namespace, does not make Mentas Blaque a capsuleer.

Jeez people.

it does make it funny though.

can make comments about secret societies subverting democratically elected Federation persons and so on.
\o/

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jan 2012, 03:05 »

Some nub who named his char 'Mentas Blaque' to prove how lax CCP are about blocking PF namespace, does not make Mentas Blaque a capsuleer.

Jeez people.

Both Mentas Blaque and Mentas Blaque. lead to the same character in Senate. First time Lou linked that I doublechecked the name to see if it was a random alt character of someone.

It's not the same as the guy walking around with Shakor's name.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Random Sentience

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2012, 05:28 »

I liked this one.  8)

However, I'm not clear on why the hit was called off.
As tenuous a reason as it is, it's bluntly stated in the chronicle.  :bash:

"Sir, we have to abort. We can't go through with this if we don't know who his contacts are, let alone what his intentions are with the capsule contingent."
I happen to think it's a BS reason, but meh. Mentas Blaque now apparently has his hand in more pies than the Broker's collective clones, so  :psyccp:

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #19 on: 29 Jan 2012, 12:14 »

Didn't like the chronicle much, tbh.

[spoiler]So let me get this right; The PF points out how idiotically thorough the SDII is in recruiting people they expect to be able to trust, and yet while some do ditch their organization and go 'public' (as seen in the Black Eagles chronicle) the initial selection process is pretty tight - and despite this they managed to recruit a man who left a Caldari wife and kid in the State. Did they just... HOPE that this would not eventually create some conflicting loyalty issues for him? None bothered with over-sight so he could just go off and disappear to talk to a Caldari man in the middle of their space about betraying them and defecting?

Then there is that whole justification speech for their betrayal of the man "you pig you left a good CALDARI woman alone in the State with a HALF-GALLENTE child to be treated like shit and vilified by her perfectly-fine xenophobic Caldari neighbors, how dare you" /smack. Let's not bother to talk about the reasons WHY she was treated that badly to begin with, questioning the policies of our Great Leader is not allowed.

It's to be expected from an OOC stand-point, but even if I saw the whole 'betraying the defector' thing coming from the start it's still so damn annoying to read because it reinforces the self-justifying blame-the-fed-for-all-ills p.o.w Heth enforces and I'm sick and tired of that.[/spoiler]
Pages: 1 [2]