Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Boosters are banned because they cause a deadly, incurable brain disease?  Read more here.

Author Topic: Templar One: Public Knowledge (spoiler warning)  (Read 1491 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!

Ok, despite having the book on order, I read the spoilers.  :bash:

I know, its shameful, I'm preparing for ritual seppuku as we speak.

But anyways I thought I should make a separate thread for what we, as the average capsuleers, know about the events of Templar one.

In short, what (if anything) in the book is public knowledge that you can find out without "sooper-seekrit-spaiing"?

I assume we know that there was a bit of a kerfuffle over a place called Pike's Landing?
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
Re: Templar One: Public Knowledge (spoiler warning)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2012, 11:28 »

Heth revoking all Ishukone enrolment from Science and Trade would be a given.

Knowledge of a battle on Pike's Landing would be pretty obvious, Amamake is a hotbed of activity, you aren't going to miss a bunch of different militaries flying in and engaging in a planetside war.

Rumours of an Gal/Ishu/Mordu co-alition though are likely to be just that, rumours. While their presence is likely to be confirmed, there's going to be little evidence to suggest they worked together. Mens' mass conscription is a definite talking point though, and that they're clearly on the outs with the rest of the State.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2012, 11:49 »

That the Empire sent a significant fleet into WH space looking for something seems to be in the rumor category, based on one of those quotes on the Dust 514 site, though I'm not sure we'd all know it.

Arguably, it should be apparent the Minmatar are barely throwing the minimum neccesary into defense against the Amarr, especiallly to those actually on the Minmatar side. However, as plexes have always spawned identical NPC sets, I'm not sure how we'd know this.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2012, 11:59 »

if you were a minmatar yuod notice taht teh numbers of returnees ahve been going down from teh initial high numbers to pitifully small numers recently
\o/

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2012, 20:29 »

Ishukone owned STI before this book retconned that.  How was it a given?

Edit:  Never mind, I miss understood your point.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2012, 20:31 by Hamish Grayson »

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2012, 21:52 »

They did? That I never knew  :bash:  This book retcons PF without a care it seems.

And yeah I meant it'd be a given that people know about Heth revoking enrolement, it should be huge news.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2012, 00:40 »

They did? That I never knew  :bash:  This book retcons PF without a care it seems.

And yeah I meant it'd be a given that people know about Heth revoking enrolement, it should be huge news.

Ishukone used to hold 70% of the Science and Trade Institute's shares, back in the days when such things were on the public record.

It'll be a while before I can read Templar One, so I'm curious about how it's possible for Heth to control STI enrolment. It sounds major, whatever it is, and the mechanisms I can imagine are quite far-reaching.

PS: I'm finally reading The Empyrean Age. I'm learning quite a lot that I wish I'd known earlier. Admittedly, after reading reviews of it by Silver Night, Arkady Sadik and Svetlana Scarlet my expectations were very, very low: it's definitely exceeding them.