Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Author Topic: SAS Certified Programmers, Need Help  (Read 730 times)

Anslol

SAS Certified Programmers, Need Help
« on: 09 Sep 2013, 10:38 »

http://www.sas.com/

Anyone familiar with this software? I want to get certification in it, as it'd be great for my current job and as a resume builder. However...training seems to cost anywhere from $990 to $5,000+.

I do not exactly have a few spare thousand lying around for this. For those of you who are SAS certified, how did you learn/train for the exam? Any free/cheaper training materials you'd recommend?

EDIT: ISK COMPENSATION FOR HELP?
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2013, 11:33 by Anslol »

AOkazon

• Wetgraver
  • 'zis is going to be ze awezome.
Re: SAS Certified Programmers, Need Help
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2013, 12:35 »

http://www.sas.com/

Anyone familiar with this software? I want to get certification in it, as it'd be great for my current job and as a resume builder. However...training seems to cost anywhere from $990 to $5,000+.

I do not exactly have a few spare thousand lying around for this. For those of you who are SAS certified, how did you learn/train for the exam? Any free/cheaper training materials you'd recommend?

EDIT: ISK COMPENSATION FOR HELP?

I kinda hate SAS, I'd just learn to SPSS instead. (If I could actually help I would)

Anslol

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2013, 12:41 »

Clinical trials mostly stays within SAS. Why do you dislike it? The few tutorials I found for free on the SAS site seem very straight forward. Like, stupidly so. Is it just annoying to format data sets for SAS to understand? Is it a problem with OLAP Cubes?

AOkazon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2013, 06:49 »

Lack of a GUI. I'm a scientist, I don't know how to code.

Anslol

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2013, 07:38 »

Whaaa? SAS Enterprise has a GUI. Project trees and uploaded files/libraries show in a process tree that you can modify to spit out stuff you need O-o

AOkazon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2013, 09:35 »

I must have been using the shit version, then. :) The thing I was expected to make use of was basically just a scripting window.

Anslol

« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2013, 10:23 »

Oh yeah, it's come a long way since then.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2013, 10:45 »

I'm a scientist and I like programs that work with a scripting window. <,< Can't help with SAS, though, sorry.