Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Minmatar pilots have a tradition of gifting Rodj Blake's corpse to newly-weds?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Sunset for Seri  (Read 6055 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Sunset for Seri
« Reply #45 on: 20 Jul 2013, 05:02 »

* Lyn Farel still has to plant a Kitz on Elusenia.  8)

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #46 on: 26 Jul 2013, 22:46 »

Well I think you know how James feels about Seri. 

Considering Tycho is leaving the game as well your announcement came as quite a shock.  Being reviled ain't easy  :s 

I won't discuss at length my eve past.  But James isn't my first incarnation.  Grinding long term toons is never easy, but sometimes necessary. 

For purely selfish reasons I hope you find a way to resurrect Seri.  If not, I thank you for the excellent RP we shared and your sometimes unnoticed contributions to Gallente RP.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #47 on: 27 Jul 2013, 09:46 »

Considering Tycho is leaving the game as well your announcement came as quite a shock.  Being reviled ain't easy  :s 

I won't discuss at length my eve past.  But James isn't my first incarnation.  Grinding long term toons is never easy, but sometimes necessary. 

For purely selfish reasons I hope you find a way to resurrect Seri.  If not, I thank you for the excellent RP we shared and your sometimes unnoticed contributions to Gallente RP.

"Sometimes" being the key-word here. Sadly there are quite a few unaware of the awesome contributions Seri has made to Fed RP. Also your bio-massing James?  :cry: Damn it, there goes another awesome enemy. What are the specific reasons, burn-out?

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #48 on: 27 Jul 2013, 16:15 »

"Sometimes" being the key-word here. Sadly there are quite a few unaware of the awesome contributions Seri has made to Fed RP. Also your bio-massing James?  :cry: Damn it, there goes another awesome enemy. What are the specific reasons, burn-out?
For Heavens sake no! 

How could the Cluster continue without James :)

I was referring to my first two incarnations in EvE, and that "sometimes" it is necessary to perma-death a toon for IC or OOC reasons.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2013, 16:20 by Syagrius »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #49 on: 28 Jul 2013, 04:46 »

*Breathes a sight of relief*

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #50 on: 01 Aug 2013, 10:12 »

I don't want to seem like a inconsistent/schizophrenic RPer, but I'm debating coming back (it's been like 2-3 weeks), purely because having nothing to do IRL (I'm on USAF DEP) has left me extremely unstimulated. It's one thing leaving EVE because of a busy work or domestic life; it's another leaving EVE and then having jackshit to do when at home.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 Aug 2013, 16:05 »

I thought you where a Brit Seriphyn? At least I seem to recall seeing pictures of you in RN uniform.

If that is so how could you be taking a DEP to the US Air Force?

Unless you've joined the Stargate program or something.  :lol:
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #52 on: 04 Aug 2013, 01:23 »

He's over here now.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #53 on: 04 Aug 2013, 02:20 »

Unless you've joined the Stargate program or something.  :lol:

Say 'hi' to Carter for me  :D

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #54 on: 04 Aug 2013, 05:32 »

Yeah, I was an RN student officer for about a year, before I decided to resign on a) relationship with commanding officer broke down, b) the unit was moving from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, and c) I seemed to take it too seriously (I was called 'Nelsonian' at one point). Going in as USAF airborne crypto-linguist because I'm also an American citizen and because I think I'd get more from the American lifestyle than the British one at this moment in my life.

Anyway, I still have less than a week left on my alt account, so I decided to make an NPC from Elusenia to see if a return storyline could be formed. However, I seemed to mess up on the meta-IC/OOC level (business as usual for me), so that's the end of that it appears. Meh.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #55 on: 04 Aug 2013, 10:05 »

Yeah, I was an RN student officer for about a year, before I decided to resign on a) relationship with commanding officer broke down, b) the unit was moving from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, and c) I seemed to take it too seriously (I was called 'Nelsonian' at one point). Going in as USAF airborne crypto-linguist because I'm also an American citizen and because I think I'd get more from the American lifestyle than the British one at this moment in my life.

Anyway, I still have less than a week left on my alt account, so I decided to make an NPC from Elusenia to see if a return storyline could be formed. However, I seemed to mess up on the meta-IC/OOC level (business as usual for me), so that's the end of that it appears. Meh.

Could be worse I guess. You could've become a crabfat (RN/RM slang for the RAF based on the fact that their initial uniform issue was the same colour as the gel used to treat crabs by navy doctors).

Have fun in the States then. And like Repentance says"hi" to Carter (and remember not to piss off Teal'c).  :D
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #56 on: 13 Aug 2013, 14:28 »

Well, as you can see, Seri's coming back, and if I were honest, I'm no longer interested in smacktalk RP (a playful heckle got around five/six likes). He hasn't even done anything for a month, especially if we're talking about actions and consequences. Am I stuck with this sort of character? I don't really want to start a new character, but I envy people who play half a character and get by easy.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #57 on: 13 Aug 2013, 14:33 »

Just role play your interests.  Just because people only see the tip of the iceberg doesn't mean there's no man beyond the screen. 

IMO discussing your personal life with the general public or having them privy to the intimate details of your life/characterisation is asking for pain, both IC and meta.  So roll with your interests and play the public face you wish to put across.

Also kill everything.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2013, 14:51 by Aelisha Montenagre »

Anslol

« Reply #58 on: 13 Aug 2013, 14:38 »

Also kill everything.

This.
THIS.
FUCKING THIS.
If they won't respect you as a person, make them fear and loath, but respect you, through your actions and infamy.

Felix Rasker

• Clonejack
« Reply #59 on: 13 Aug 2013, 15:49 »

I envy people who play half a character and get by easy.

Think maybe that's the kind of attitude that invites heckling?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5