Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That not all slaves are subjected to the Vitoc treatment?  Read more about the Vitoc method here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Sunset for Seri  (Read 6055 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: Sunset for Seri
« Reply #30 on: 11 Jul 2013, 17:15 »

The last time someone threw me a curve ball, it was in the form of a daughter. Luckily, the plot said no.

:|
. Gottii is late.  He's certain its Anslo's.   
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #31 on: 11 Jul 2013, 17:15 »

As others have said IC reputation != OOC reputation. They influence one another but are hardly the same thing. 

The last time someone threw me a curve ball, it was in the form of a daughter. Luckily, the plot said no.

:|

I think we've all had to say 'no' to that plot at one point, haven't we?
I can't even count the number of times people have claimed Makkal knocked them up.

Speaking of which, are you going to get July's child support check in the mail or not?

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #32 on: 11 Jul 2013, 17:25 »

Personaly I like it when people throw a little curve ball at me.

Wait till you hear about Sepherim and Silas's child!

(The above was a joke for those still waking up)

Jamyl? And I will have to find a new corp now that the secret is out...

Quote from: Seriphyn
I thought people wouldn't care...I was obviously mistaken about how I perceived my standing in the RP community.

I believe we all have an impact on the community because the RP community is small enough, and closely knit. Seph probably hasn't RPed much with Seriph (yeah, you name stealer!) beyond IGS, but an RPer needs a believable world to RP in, and just reading your posts or knowing of your deeds makes the prime fiction come alive in a way, and thus makes the world more worthwhile to RP. I could say the same about many others, and I would still care because they too make the world come alive.

So yes, we care. Which, of course, doesn't mean you have to spoil the secret, or let us know which way you are going or wether the character is gone or not. It comes a time you need to take distance, or just leave. Old-Seph is gone forever, so I understand.

But never think that because we may not interact, or may not like other characters ICly, we don't care, or you don't have an impact. Good RPers have a good impact on all RPers, just like bad ones do. And, fortunately, you are among the first ones.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 12 Jul 2013, 07:28 »

:cube: Seri.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #34 on: 12 Jul 2013, 07:38 »

I imagine the memorial service will be a fun event for all involved.

If there's going to be one.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #35 on: 12 Jul 2013, 09:46 »

Were it to be held in space with more than 24 hours advance notice, I expect I'd be there with wardecs on.   :yar:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #36 on: 12 Jul 2013, 11:12 »

I imagine the memorial service will be a fun event for all involved.

If there's going to be one.

I don't go to many RP events, but I would definitely go to that.

And, as Myyona said on your IGS thread, ATAP's vast biomedical resources are at your disposal if you need some SCIENCE! done.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #37 on: 12 Jul 2013, 12:00 »

Likewise Kabuki's, which are largely ex-O-SYN and focused around "grey area" cybernetics. Consider this a "private ping", since Shin doesn't publicly acknowledge the existence of the Kabuki black medical labs.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #38 on: 12 Jul 2013, 16:31 »

Likewise Kabuki's, which are largely ex-O-SYN and focused around "grey area" cybernetics. Consider this a "private ping", since Shin doesn't publicly acknowledge the existence of the Kabuki black medical labs.

You shove off, we called dibs on ALL the brain parts.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #39 on: 12 Jul 2013, 17:13 »

There'd be some left over!

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #40 on: 12 Jul 2013, 20:03 »

I'm sure I could find something to do with the goopy grey stuff.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #41 on: 13 Jul 2013, 11:17 »

Maybe just a break is best then. I became too reliant on one person for RP and it became an OOC strain on both ends.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 14 Jul 2013, 00:08 »

Maybe just a break is best then. I became too reliant on one person for RP and it became an OOC strain on both ends.

That always gets strainful, as does 'the same type' of RP over and over, which is why I try to mix it up.  Otherwise it gets boring and or truly OOC stressful ... :/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #43 on: 17 Jul 2013, 12:26 »

* Louella Dougans hugs

Yeah, stress isn't good for enjoying a game.

Have fun in doing stuff :)
\o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #44 on: 19 Jul 2013, 16:44 »

I was not persuasive enough to push for a reconciliation, and I can understand why all things considered. Trouble is, is that if I returned, I would like to engage with everyone I previously thought disinterested while retaining the RP that was lost. I had lots of things planned with regards to the latter, and I would just feel disheartened and disappointed in coming back and not being able to participate in that any longer. It would all feel incomplete, and I'm not sure if 'moving on' to RP with others would mitigate that.

I hope that makes sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5