EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Corporation and Alliance Development

Up to the plate again - New Gallente RP corp

(1/5) > >>

Seriphyn:
So, EL-G was formed in the wake of things looking dire for the Gallente. Then after 3-4 months of going at it forever, along comes 2010, a mass wave of FW victories and, as a result, a crapload of RP ejaculated everywhere, including Federal nationalists, Intaki racial supremacists culturalists and Caldari loyalists.

It was a pretty awesome time, though unfortunately it was short-lived. With the dissolution of Strix, I've taken it upon myself to do what I did with EL-G, and take the onus, though this time, there is no specific 'objective'. EL-G, despite me styling it for various other things, was goaled towards the liberation of Federal space from Caldari occupation. It did its 9 month lifespan, completed its objectives, and faded into the history books. Now, with this one, I would seek to do something more general, there are various options, but before I list that, some preexisting variables.

1) I enjoy the "military" RP that comes along with being a Luminaire General...going the corporate or megacorporate route makes me fidget uneasily a bit, as being a Federal officer as well as a corporate tycoon seems a bit 'eh'
2) In order to appeal to a wide enough base and playergroup, being able to justify any and all in-game activities with an RP foundation would be necessary. EL-G was all paramilitary.
3) It will be in the FDU.

Some options...

PMC

Gallente RP has huge scope for 'Blackwater' style stuff, as demonstrated by Strix. If you think to more general sci-fi, particularly in a near-future, Earth-based one, you have a lot of mix of corporate-government relations and interactions. Senators hiring mercs for protection yadda yadda. A couple of issues that need to be addressed...

- Strix has already done it
- How would you justify doing industrial activities?

Conglemerate

A mini-alliance composed of nothing but Role/title groups of various subsidiaries depending on what you do in game. "Guardian Services"  for combat pilots, "Speedy Extraction" for miners etc. The issue with this is that it's hard to 'focus' on something specific, and generic corporation might be a bit bleh. Also, again, the space general CEOing it seems out-of-place, and justifying over militaristic activities (which I am a fan of) gets a bit eh

Supremacist organization

Mass Effect's Cerberus and stuff, a front corporation and organization dedicated to spreading Gallente influence by any means necessary, including dealing with criminals where necessary. As such, operating colonies, mining and building ships is all justifiable, as long as it pertains to the 'primary goal'. I am a fan of this one myself, but not sure if it sounds redundant, and maybe cliche.

Sorry if this post is a bit shit. I've had a very, very strong beer (7.5%)...but I would love to hear your thoughts!  :D

Casiella:
I can see the PMC very easily. I would think a number of them exist, and you certainly couldn't say that one corp couldn't form because another one did something similar once upon a time. You'd need to put your own spin on it, but I think you're capable of that.

With that said, why would you want industrial stuff? Just for recruiting? If the new corp is in the militia, I'd think that you'd do best focusing on fighting.

Seriphyn:
:) Well personally for the industry stuff, I'd like to get into PI for passive income, and caking that with as much RP as possible I would like to do...because PI has LOTS of scope for RP fluffiness

Of course a name is an issue...Federal Auxiliary [Services], Federal Protection Services, Advance Federal, AdvanceSec, Advance Securities........

Casiella:
Too bad PI doesn't have a corp interface or any ties to FW, otherwise you could establish a system in Gallente lowsec as your base of operations for such things.

Mithfindel:
Why not a megacorp? Even if you primarily consider Seriphyn a soldier rather than a capsuleer, there's nothing wrong with a "retired" military officer setting up shop. Helps if he has the connections to the military so he has an immediate market for the stuff the corp makes. Possibly even a lucrative deal for the corp's "security division" (due to mechanics, entire corp) to enter the militia. And isn't Seriphyn a politician already? How that goes down with being in active service - armed forces usually need, for obvious reasons, be outside of the regular party politics. (Of course, there are lots of contrary cases where frontier politicians have also been military leaders, but the Federation is supposed to be a developed nation.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version