Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: HETH’S SHIP SPOTTED IN BLACK RISE  (Read 6286 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: BREAKING NEWS: HETH’S SHIP SPOTTED IN BLACK RISE
« Reply #30 on: 17 Oct 2013, 06:39 »

not only the amarr and sansha use lasers, also the ammatar, khanid and blood raiders....

but i can't seem to find any reason why would any of all 6 factions would like to "capture" heth alive or else.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #31 on: 17 Oct 2013, 06:54 »

You have no idea why Kuvakei would want to capture people alive?

Not to mention considering what Heth knows about the workings of the State, lots of people would want him alive. He's a treasure trove of intel.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #32 on: 17 Oct 2013, 06:58 »

[tinfoil]
Amarr.

They wish to hand him back to the State at the cost of no resistance to the incoming reclaiming.

The State will refuse, War will ensue.

All to put them on an even footing with the Feddies and Minmarats who are currently busy snapping at each other's throats.
[/tinfoil]

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #33 on: 17 Oct 2013, 07:02 »

Bloodraiders seeking to market Heth-blood to the remaining provist loyalists across the cluster.
 ;)
New product. Whole new market to sell to.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #34 on: 17 Oct 2013, 07:03 »

:bash:
This started off sounding interesting even if there was no reason/chance for me or my character to take an active part in, but with the recent announcement, what seemed like what could be a massive event for a lot of players to take part in is just being dangled in front of their noses.

I could be wrong and something might still happen, but I don't get that feeling.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Reyd Karris

« Reply #35 on: 17 Oct 2013, 07:26 »

but i can't seem to find any reason why would any of all 6 factions would like to "capture" heth alive or else.
The evidence suggests another attempt to hide. Energy weapons and not hybrids or missiles, blood but no body, personal items but the computer is wiped... too much effort to make it seem like Heth was "captured" instead of switching ships and hiding.

Most likely Heth hired mercenaries and, according to the new info provided in the thread, used a Sansha incursion as a smokescreen.

/2isk

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #36 on: 17 Oct 2013, 08:01 »

Bloodraiders seeking to market Heth-blood to the remaining provist loyalists across the cluster.
 ;)
New product. Whole new market to sell to.
Heth's not a clone. Blooders wouldn't want anything to do with his blood.

Even if they thought he was, they probably wouldn't anymore once they found about his case of Derj's.

I can't really see any (laser-using) group except the Sansha wanting him for any reason, but tbh that seems like an extremely lame cop-out of the sort that would go against a lot of what seems to be being worked towards as far as the storyline goes over the last year or so.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shiori

« Reply #37 on: 17 Oct 2013, 08:22 »

1. Heth's advancing neurodegenerative condition becomes impossible to ignore or hide even from his most devoted flunkies.
2. In desperation, said flunkies turn to the Cluster's foremost (and most criminal) experts on neuro- and psychosurgery.
3. SUDDENLY, BETRAYAL!
4. collect panties.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 17 Oct 2013, 18:13 »

Not to mention considering what Heth knows about the workings of the State, lots of people would want him alive. He's a treasure trove of intel.

Heth's STAFF would be more useful to a would-be invader than the man himself. His knowledge would likely stretch to a half-dozen top level commands and systems, the codes for which have all now been changed by the CEP.

It's not like he conquered the State through sheer military genius. He's been hiding in a hole for a couple of months - even his knowledge of Cal Nav deployments is out of date.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #39 on: 18 Oct 2013, 02:51 »

I don't disagree with you Pieter on the idea of Cal Nav, CEP, etc making much of Heth's intel regarding military strategy and planning irrelevant. But in PF there were either outright statements or strong implications that Heth was paranoid enough, particularly in the final days of his regime, to keep detailed files on each of the megacorps and their high-profile people including CEOs. It's not too far of a stretch to presume that these files would have included certain contingency measures aiming to deal with individual or corporate threats they might have posed 'to the State'.

So ... weaknesses, exploitable and otherwise. Maybe that explains his use as an intel source. All speculation of course.

:bash:
This started off sounding interesting even if there was no reason/chance for me or my character to take an active part in, but with the recent announcement, what seemed like what could be a massive event for a lot of players to take part in is just being dangled in front of their noses.

I could be wrong and something might still happen, but I don't get that feeling.

Second that concern, Steffanie.

I'm hoping that this is the lead-up to a big event (Kill Heth or whatever he's become!) or the start of a slow burn of smaller events designed to focus on Heth (or his memory) as a rallying point for diehard Provists and the Templis Dragonaurs for months and years to come. Something to bring their particular subfaction 'front and center' as real threats and enduring adversaries of both the State and Federation, so to speak.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2013, 02:54 by Ollie »

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #40 on: 19 Oct 2013, 08:56 »

Heth's STAFF would be more useful to a would-be invader than the man himself. His knowledge would likely stretch to a half-dozen top level commands and systems, the codes for which have all now been changed by the CEP.

It's not like he conquered the State through sheer military genius. He's been hiding in a hole for a couple of months - even his knowledge of Cal Nav deployments is out of date.

It's entirely in Heth's nature that he'd have full profiles on key individuals in the State, anything that could be used to bribe/manipulate or unsettle people. While he might not have passcodes, fleet movements etc, there's still a lot that you can't change overnight that he'd be knowledgeable of.

It's like if someone kidnapped George W Bush a year after Obama took charge. He might not know the launch codes, but he knows the equipment being used, the men and women in charge and probably read the CIA dossiers on them all.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #41 on: 21 Oct 2013, 02:17 »

Sounds like the EVE Online we all know and love.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 2 [3]