Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Khanid II  (Read 6332 times)

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
Re: Khanid II
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2012, 21:44 »

As I'm writing my backstory, I came up with another question.

Per this Khanid chronicle, the Khanid Kingdom, " Trade goods that can’t be directly transported into or out of the empire are carried through kingdom because of the much more lenient trade policies the empire has for them."

Is this only applying to goods with legal restrictions ingame?  Or would trading in other locations basically be contradicting empire trade policies?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2012, 05:11 »

So Khanid II is on the Privy Council, but not an heir. What is also logical, because would he... he would be one day emperor. Why? See it that way.... he is the only heir which doesnt need to kill himself, so has just to wait until one day he has luck :P. Like sitting on river and seeing his enemy flowting by.
This is more what I was getting at.  I figured the Amarr side kind of has its hands full as it is with the Minmatar militia, but if he was accepted back as an Heir.  Well, there would be bigger issues to talk about.
I don't think this is quite necessarily true, as Jamyl, when ascending to the throne, agreed with the other heirs to not enact the shathol'syn on that occasion. So, Khanid isn't the "only heir which doesnt need to kill himself", apparently.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #17 on: 16 Jul 2012, 05:45 »

First thx Sentar Dethahal for all the work. Thumbs up (When Im back you will get some like click on the forum from me, the least what I can do).

About the Amarr NPCs page , you can add that the orignal page is also form CCP Ginger see history or here.

As I'm writing my backstory, I came up with another question.

Per this Khanid chronicle, the Khanid Kingdom, " Trade goods that can’t be directly transported into or out of the empire are carried through kingdom because of the much more lenient trade policies the empire has for them."

Is this only applying to goods with legal restrictions ingame?  Or would trading in other locations basically be contradicting empire trade policies?

In the past there was a bigger number of Iteams which were illeagel in the Emprie. As for example: insignias, Guns etc.... Today most of this Iteams havent any restriktion, if I remmebr right, was just some laser gun what was illegal in the Emprie and legal in the Federation (other laser are all legal now). So overall I cannt tell you a spezific iteam which is legal in one, but illegal in the other or "illegal but can imported" form the Kingdom. Sadly I cant go ingame and check if Transcranial Microcontrollers are illegal/"have any penallty" in the Empire; but alos dont think so.

As how I interpret this line is like a Trade-lophole. I have now sadly to make a real life comparison. As in our world there is also trade hurdles. I take one of those as example. The US has in some corners high trade hurdles (taxes, customs, limit of the actual quantity etc....); especially when it comes to superior goods (like inverstment goods, like machinery etc...). That hits china for example not so hard; you get your 10 buck DVD-player and other stuff still almost in a free trade environment.  But hits Germany very hard. It losses/had loss a big market (in the meantime had gain a market in the 90s china, india and eastern europa and final they become the a bigger trade partners). So in the 90 have the EU try to get a foothold in the american market again. And one loophole was that Mexica and the USA have a free trade between each other. So the Eu had just arrange the "Free Trade Agreement between Mexico and the European Union". Over this loophole have many german "mittelstands companys" (small and medium size) gain again a foothold in the US. Over Mexiko-Texas-USA are running the most exports to the USA (we had even shortly a discussion in german if we supporting some Texas highway projects. Long story short. I can imagne that the Empire is like the USA and had some goods, which are more restircted. Those goods are getting than their fair marketshare tru the Kingdom/Mexiko.

But that is just my interpretation, I have no clue as it actually works or which goods are restricted.

So Khanid II is on the Privy Council, but not an heir. What is also logical, because would he... he would be one day emperor. Why? See it that way.... he is the only heir which doesnt need to kill himself, so has just to wait until one day he has luck :P. Like sitting on river and seeing his enemy flowting by.
This is more what I was getting at.  I figured the Amarr side kind of has its hands full as it is with the Minmatar militia, but if he was accepted back as an Heir.  Well, there would be bigger issues to talk about.
I don't think this is quite necessarily true, as Jamyl, when ascending to the throne, agreed with the other heirs to not enact the shathol'syn on that occasion. So, Khanid isn't the "only heir which doesnt need to kill himself", apparently.

Tony G. Dont start. You dont like me when Im angry. Dont start with him :P
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2012, 05:53 by Publius Valerius »

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #18 on: 16 Jul 2012, 06:40 »

On a related subject, what is Khanid II's name?

He's from house Khanid, so presumably that's his surname, but if that's the case what is his first name?   

But on the other hand, if he's Khanid II, that implies that his first name is also Khanid.  So does he go by the slightly Helleresque name of Khanid Khanid of the Khanids?

Or does he only have one name, like Madonna or Sting?

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 16 Jul 2012, 06:58 »

Garkeh Khanid 1.

Thanks Publius.

I'll write more when I have time, lots of good info!

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jul 2012, 07:32 »

I prefer Khanid Khanid son of Khanid Khanid.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #21 on: 16 Jul 2012, 08:55 »

On a related subject, what is Khanid II's name?

He's from house Khanid, so presumably that's his surname, but if that's the case what is his first name?   

But on the other hand, if he's Khanid II, that implies that his first name is also Khanid.  So does he go by the slightly Helleresque name of Khanid Khanid of the Khanids?

Or does he only have one name, like Madonna or Sting?

As Sentar already pointed out. Garkeh Khanid

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Talk:Khanid_II#Coronation

"With the coronation he finally founded the Khanid Kingdom; he took the name Khanid II (posthumously naming his father Khanid I)."

I prefer Khanid Khanid son of Khanid Khanid.

I know you do. :P And I know why (see here :P).

P.S. Sentar no hurray. Everything in EVE takes time :).

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
« Reply #22 on: 16 Jul 2012, 19:08 »

Ok, so now with more time, a new question.

So would you say that IC, I am fine as an Amarrian Holder to trade in other empires?  Or would that be degrading, etc?  I know this might depend based on background, etc...but with a rather vanilla character would it matter?

(kind of starting to go off topic again, sorry.  at least this kind of touches on the Khanid still...kind of)

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2012, 19:35 »

Are you a Kingdom Khanid or an Imperial Khanid?

The Kingdom has very open trade policies, and especially keeps a close relationship with the Caldari. It's also famous for not having the official anti-slave raiding laws that the Empire has, meaning that Kingdom slavers occasionally abduct people from other empires and sell them to slavery.

Holders in the Empire probably have more harsh trade rules to deal with, and much more bureaucracy. The Tash-Murkon house is probably the one with the most external trade contacts, and holders under their patronage would likely enjoy a lot of mercantile freedom.

Also, we don't really know how corporations function in the Empire, but Holders would definitely be free to start such and trade through them. It might also be possible for a holder to avoid certain bureaucracy by registering companies in the Federation or the State. Either way, I'm pretty sure that the Amarr would encourage trade with other empires - especially the Caldari who are their allies, to import wealth and export the Amarr culture.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2012, 19:38 »

A question for you: can a podder be a Holder?

"Amarr capsuleers can be regarded to [sic] the same level as Holders and nobles", but my impression was that once you'd joined the podder programe, and especially once you'd been cloned, you couldn't be a Holder. You might still have loyalties and interests, families and contacts pertaining to your upbringing, but you're stepping outside the Amarrian social structure. Aren't you? :) (Amarrian stuff is not my forte.)

I think of it a lot like joining the church in medieval times, and giving up inheritance claims.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 16 Jul 2012, 19:48 »

A Holder could execute trade with entities outside of the Empire. A Holder actually being the one who does the trading himself (as in he's the guy who hauls stuff out of the Empire to its destination) seems far less likely. They'd own the business that did that and might act as the primary negotiator for contracts, but would be unlikely to actually act as the courier themselves.

Holders can be pod pilots. There was (is?) a background choice for Amarr which was "Liberal Holders" implying that the pod pilot was at least born of the nobility if not a Holder himself. There are also Holders in the backstory who are pod pilots, so being a capsuleer does not disqualify you from being a Holder. Hell, the Heirs are all supposed to be pod pilots (I think), though they officially eschew clones to adhere to the Sacred Flesh doctrine. It should be noted that said doctrine does not apply to Holders, only royalty.

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
« Reply #26 on: 16 Jul 2012, 20:02 »

Horatius - Amarr, not Khanid, but was wondering on the differences.  Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks for your answer on both though!  I like knowing the differences as I develop the backstory.

Matariki - I think you bring up a good point.  Wasn't something I had thought of actually.  I was more under the understanding that Yoshito pointed out, with the background choice implying its possibility.

Yoshito - Hmm...perhaps I will officially just be overseeing business..with a full cargo bay...I'll see.

That was kind of my initial thought on Holders and pod pilots.  It is an interesting discussion though.  Yes, the Sacred Flesh doctrine is one of the things I first looked up when checking for a viable background.  Would be a quick way to ruin it if you had to biomass everytime you got podded.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #27 on: 17 Jul 2012, 00:32 »

Ok, so now with more time, a new question.

So would you say that IC, I am fine as an Amarrian Holder to trade in other empires?  Or would that be degrading, etc?  I know this might depend based on background, etc...but with a rather vanilla character would it matter?

(kind of starting to go off topic again, sorry.  at least this kind of touches on the Khanid still...kind of)

No it wouldnt be degrading, there is no problem with that....

See for example: Catch of the Day. In Chapter 3 you find alos why we all look so old :)  Or my bio :P

Horatius - Amarr, not Khanid, but was wondering on the differences.  Sorry for the confusion. 

As Horatius mention there are many Khanids in the Kingdom, as well in the Empire. Many people missleading the Kingdom as a Khanid bloodline kingdom. So the difference is not the bloodline or status etc.... I wouldnt even say the believe.... It is more a that one site as a more pragmatic approach, do the fact of lacking power and resource. I see it as small state which fights to survive; therefor it hasnt the luxury to be always hundert percent in line.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 17 Jul 2012, 05:59 »

Are you a Kingdom Khanid or an Imperial Khanid?

The Kingdom has very open trade policies, and especially keeps a close relationship with the Caldari. It's also famous for not having the official anti-slave raiding laws that the Empire has, meaning that Kingdom slavers occasionally abduct people from other empires and sell them to slavery.

Following the formation of CONCORD and the Kingdom's signing of the various treaties, they ceased direct raids into the Federation and State. However, the Kingdom was still starved for slaves and regularly dealt with questionable slavers who acted outside the law. Finally, the Kingdom carefully watched foreign visitors and, should they break any laws, frequently enslaved the offender as a punishment, knowing there was little recourse against them.

CONCORD law forbids any slaver raids into foreign territories, the same way for Amarr than Khanid. The difference lies in the fact that the Amarr Empire also has the Heideran decree enforcing this as well as a safeguard and a proof of good faith, where Khanid has no official decree of their own, they are just bound to obey to CONCORD.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #29 on: 18 Jul 2012, 13:26 »

Sentar thx again. The stuff got reworked.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Talk:Amarr_%28NPCs%29
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Emperor
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Talk:Amarr_Heirs (and about Abraxas question most likely yes (but we will never know for sure.... muahhhhh mahhhhhhhh).
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Talk:Khanid_II will be in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3