Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserters from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Khanid II  (Read 6331 times)

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
Khanid II
« on: 14 Jul 2012, 15:30 »

Ok, so decided to make a new thread because the other was starting to just be random questions about all sorts of things.

Khanid II is the leader of the Khanid Kingdom, but per the wiki it appears the Khanid Kingdom has rejoined the Amarr Empire?  Can someone confirm that?  Based on this, Khanid II is a Heir, but here, he is not included.

The reason I bring this up, is that since Khanid II has already blatantly broken rituals, why would the Amarr tolerate him?  Ignoring the current Empress, he would be the only person to have done such a thing (and based off of what I have read, it seems the Empress has effectively rewritten history to claim a divine miracle or something).  Wouldn't the threat of others following his example far outweigh even the threat of the Minmatar?

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
Re: Khanid II
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2012, 17:07 »

Following the outbreak of the Empyrean War, Jamyl offered King Khanid II to return to the Privy Council, an offer which he accepted. While this has effectively meant that the Kingdom is now an autonomous vassal of the Empire, King Khanid is not an Heir. However, as far as I can tell he can sit on the closed council, meaning he can participate in high-level diplomacy on the same level as the actual Heirs. In matters of authority, he is equivalent to the Governor of the Ammatar Mandate, but in matters of internal planning and diplomacy he may be equivalent to an Heir.

From a meta ooc viewpoint, it's just TonyG flattening the political landscape of EVE to make it easier for people to grasp. From an IC viewpoint, it's a political alliance between the Empire and the Kingdom for mutual protection - and perhaps also a way to secure the cooperation of the Caldari.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2012, 17:09 by Horatius Caul »

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2012, 17:51 »

Ok, so Tony Gonzalez was actually part of CCP?  And his books are considered canon?

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2012, 17:54 »

Ok, so Tony Gonzalez was actually part of CCP?

Yes.  CCP TonyG.  :|

And his books are considered canon?

Well....  :yar:

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2012, 18:29 »

Seriously...should've looked that up before asking I guess.

So sort of canon?  Not quite sure what you meant there.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2012, 18:59 »

Seriously...should've looked that up before asking I guess.

So sort of canon?  Not quite sure what you meant there.

The books are canon.

Problems include that a bunch of the stuff in the books isn't known or knowable by players, and that a good proportion of roleplayers haven't read the novels. Also, significantly, that the novels changed some things that had previously been canon, so there was some retconning to patch things up.

There is therefore a good-sized proportion of EVE roleplayers who would prefer to agree that the books don't exist, or that (probably my favourite) they're racy "fact-ion": fiction about real people, complete with conspiracy theories and possibly occasion glimpses of truth, on a ground of detail about daily life that's probably mostly usable.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2012, 19:05 »

The Amarr (NPCs) page is wrong. He isnt a heir, he was and is the King of the Khanid Kingdom. I havent a activ account so I cant comment on the talk page, so if you like you can drop a comment (I had seen it before, but totally forgot it).

About his status.As can be seen here: "As a mark of this union and the return of Khanid II to the imperial fold, the Empress granted House Khanid a seat on the Privy Council in perpetuity. A diplomatic and political deal of some subtlety, the new union between the Empire and Kingdom left the right of Jamyl I to rule as Empress of Amarr without challenge while ensuring the autonomy and independence of Khanid II's territories within the imperial framework. One notable point was that the Khanid seat on the Privy Council did not bring with it Royal Heir status, possibly a compromise necessary to secure the agreement of the Royal Heirs to the extraordinary rapprochement with a man once reviled within the Empire as a traitor, heretic and renegade."

So as status of the Kingdom it is and was still an independent Kingdom, but now in the framework of the "Holy Amarr". As can be seen here: "While acknowledging the rightful reign of Jamyl I as Empress of Amarr, the Khanid Kingdom will remain an independent nation. It will continue to field its own navy, but will enjoy a pact of mutual protection with the Amarr Empire."

So Khanid II is on the Privy Council, but not an heir. What is also logical, because would he... he would be one day emperor. Why? See it that way.... he is the only heir which doesnt need to kill himself, so has just to wait until one day he has luck :P. Like sitting on river and seeing his enemy flowting by.

About the Kingdom, like already said... it is still independent, both party just got closer together, so that for the FW launch in Empyrean Age patch the partys/blocks are more clear.

Maybe the talk page can help.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Talk:Khanid_II

By the way, they can update the page some day, plus the heir page and some other which I ven have forget about.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2012, 19:10 by Publius Valerius »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2012, 19:25 »

Does anyone know the day/timeframe of this new reconciliation?

I should think that for some of us who espouse the ideal of The Greater Amarria > just The Empire, it would be a holiday of sorts.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2012, 19:41 »

Publius linked to the new article, Grae.

YC111-06-07

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2012, 19:55 »

Just missed it.... :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
« Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2012, 19:59 »

So Khanid II is on the Privy Council, but not an heir. What is also logical, because would he... he would be one day emperor. Why? See it that way.... he is the only heir which doesnt need to kill himself, so has just to wait until one day he has luck :P. Like sitting on river and seeing his enemy flowting by.
This is more what I was getting at.  I figured the Amarr side kind of has its hands full as it is with the Minmatar militia, but if he was accepted back as an Heir.  Well, there would be bigger issues to talk about.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2012, 01:47 »

This is more what I was getting at.  I figured the Amarr side kind of has its hands full as it is with the Minmatar militia, but if he was accepted back as an Heir.  Well, there would be bigger issues to talk about.

I see you have left on the Talk:Amarr (NPCs) a comment. Can do me a huge favour. Can you leave a comment on those pages:

Those pages and the problems are more in the realm of CCP Abraxes.
    • Talk:Amarr_Heirs
      Reason: Chart has less width, what makes the page easier to read. Content is the same.
    • Talk:Amarr Emperor
      Reason: Dash is consistently a —. It has no "double points", no points before and after Reference, as in the orignal ones. Plus the page has the the subchapter "Succession". Content is the same, but with less stylistic errors.
    • Jamyl I
      A paragraph/¶ is needed between the 7.7 The Seyllin Incident and the 7.8 Khanid Reconciliation subchapter.
    • Khanid II. The talk page has more content. And is more in the overall look of the wiki.

As for those pages, they are more in the realm of CCP Ginger. So maybe just link the here to the comment. Or leave a comment like: Plz to CCP Ginger because of:
    • As can be seen here, the hide/show funktion doesnt work.
    • As can be seen here, on firefox the the pictures change their color.

Most likely there is more.... but I cant rember, but if you leave there a comment (or link to here); that alone would be great/awesome. By the way, if you have any question about the Kingdom faction, I would be happy to try to answer them.[/list][/list][/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: 15 Jul 2012, 02:59 by Publius Valerius »

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
    « Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2012, 11:35 »

Absolutely.  Before I do, I want to double check though...you want me to basically copy-paste what you wrote on each of those pages?

Glad to be of help!

Also, how do you know which are under CCP Abraxes and which fall under CCP Ginger?

Publius Valerius

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jul 2012, 12:29 »

Absolutely.  Before I do, I want to double check though...you want me to basically copy-paste what you wrote on each of those pages?

Ehm yeah, that would be great... or just take a link to my comment here, and drop it there on the pages. Both way are totally fine by me. To what you think feels right.

Also, how do you know which are under CCP Abraxes and which fall under CCP Ginger?

Abraxes is the lonley warrior with the task to get the fiction in order and great new fiction. So he is the man behind the Fiction protal, the immersion project, the chronicles and some of the wiki articles. He also have to fact check the articles on the wiki....etc

Ginger is the "technical guy". He had rework the wiki, new backround new funktions etc... also he has some/alot of other stuff, which I havent in hand right now. So both as some overwork guys, which are have a big pile of work on CCP, with almost no resources.

So Im glad that you do/did it. Leaving the comments. But since Dust is still WIP and they have add alot of stuff there, I dont think we will hear something soon™. It is more just for my soul, that I know at least a comment is drop and I can go to sleep without nightmares. :P

By the way it is time to count how many times someone had made the soon™ joke :P

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
    « Reply #14 on: 15 Jul 2012, 13:10 »

Ok, did them all via links to your post.  Let me know if I did them right or if you want it changed.
    Pages: [1] 2 3